May 14, 2002

ytserush

Wow.

An important album for many reasons... my own personal reasons for loving this record are huge.

1) the band is BACK

2) one of my close friends passed away at the end of 2012. Brain tumor. Wonderful musician. Huge Rush fan. We drove him to his last Rush show.

I always think of him whenever I hear any of the VT songs.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 5

I'm a little late on this topic but we did listen to both albums yesterday. I have always been a VT fan but the remix version gives it new life and that makes me happy!!! The songs are excellent and the musicianship....well, it's Rush so. I'm just glad we can hear it ALL now on the remix.
  • Like 2

I remember getting home ,slipped in the cd,opened a beer and sat back and waited for my band to spring to back to life.Four or five tracks in i was scratching my head and my stereo amp had its LED lights in the red.Was the disc faulty,were my speakers knackered?.Now i love thunderous metal LOUD but this was an absolute wall of over compressed noise.Even some of the songs were just ordinary but the album has redeemed itself somewhat with the remix.The first Rush album i have never played all the way through without skipping tracks.However this was more of a celebration of my band coming back and the Rio dvd was just round the corner wich was more of celebration.
  • Like 4

I remember getting home ,slipped in the cd,opened a beer and sat back and waited for my band to spring to back to life.Four or five tracks in i was scratching my head and my stereo amp had its LED lights in the red.Was the disc faulty,were my speakers knackered?.Now i love thunderous metal LOUD but this was an absolute wall of over compressed noise.Even some of the songs were just ordinary but the album has redeemed itself somewhat with the remix.The first Rush album i have never played all the way through without skipping tracks.However this was more of a celebration of my band coming back and the Rio dvd was just round the corner wich was more of celebration.

Lol! Yeah, I remember laying on the couch listening and thinking "wow, this is really intense and heavy"

I don't think I've ever listened to Peaceable Kingdom or Freeze or Out Of The Cradle more than a couple times a piece since. I figured out right away I didn't like them and never would.

I loved the record when it came out. Neil was back! As the years go by it just gets worse with each tick of the clock.

A beer coaster in my house.

Not even a cash grab remaster made that record any better.

It's the Metallica "St. Anger" of the Rush Canon.

Pure sonic shit mixed in with modern manic melodies that resemble the music of Charles Manson.

Moody Muck Of Yuck.

Love Vapor Trails, to bad about the sound quality on the original mix, don't like the new mix, no balls at all.

"Vapor Trails" is garbage even if it had a polished mix.

"Vapor Trails" is shite even if Terry Brown produced it.

If Rush fans truly embrace "Ghost Rider" then wow......... I am shocked.......

Geddy gets a lot of shit for his voice over the decades but man. His voice on Ghost Rider makes me want to put ice picks in my ears.

A song that makes "Virtuality" seem like "Tom Sawyer."

There is no melody on "Vapor Vomit Pails"

I had to delete "My Favorite Headache" off of my iPhone today. Another horrific Geddy vocal record.

This comes from a dude who has always defended Ged.

Yes, fuckk the ignorant masses.

But man.

Every band writes and records a piece of shit record.

Signed,

Queensryche

Y&T

Scorpions

Yes

Genesis

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

Van Halen Hagar

Wet Dream Theater

Metallican't

Def Leppard

On and on and on and on.......

You get the point.

Peaceable Shit Kingdom

What the fuckk was Alex thinking with guitar tone? Junk to the ears.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Vapor Trails hit me on a spiritual level & it sounded really fresh to me when it came out. I love that crunchy guitar sound & Ghost Rider is a great song. To bad the new mix was done without even listening to what was good about the old one...
  • Like 1

What is it with the bass drum on the remix? It's way up front and sounds like an explosion of tent farts.
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails hit me on a spiritual level & it sounded really fresh to me when it came out. I love that crunchy guitar sound & Ghost Rider is a great song. To bad the new mix was done without even listening to what was good about the old one...

But there wasn't anything "good" to listen to in the old mix.

• Like 1

But there wasn't anything "good" to listen to in the old mix.

To me almost all the songs were more alive in the old mix. Sure the mix was a hot brick, but at the same time the songs were a lot more vibrant than in the new mix. If I remember correctly the new mix sounds thin and uninspired.

• Like 1