Top 10 Highest Grossing films: 1987 vs 1997

JohnnyBlaze

Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies from 1987 and 1997  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Of those you've seen, which is your favorite?

• Three Men and a Baby
    • Fatal Attraction
    • Beverly Hills Cop 2
    • Good Morning, Vietnam
    • Moonstruck
    • The Untouchables
    • The Secret of My Success
    • Stakeout
    • Lethal Weapon
    • The Witches of Eastwick
    • Titanic
    • The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    • Men in Black
    • Tomorrow Never Dies
    • Air Force One
    • As Good As It Gets
    • Liar Liar
    • My Best Friend's Wedding
    • The Fifth Element
    • The Full Monty
  2. 2. Which year has the better movies?

• I don't think I can decide because I haven't seen enough movies from one or both years.
  3. 3. How many of these films have you seen?

• Only 1.
    • Very few, 2-4.
    • Some, 5-8.
    • (About) half, 9-11.
    • More than half, 12-14.
    • A lot of them, 15-17.
    • Almost all of them, 18-19.
    • All 20.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CydR8beAWM8/T2FzDredGDI/AAAAAAAAEHk/ityD04Xjj4A/s1600/The+Witches+Of+Eastwick+2.jpg

You know what to do.

Vote.

Discuss.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-puS91CfEDM4/UkBqlZGM4-I/AAAAAAAABXU/FVssln4kxqc/s1600/asgood01.jpg

• Like 1

I enjoy a lot of movies on that list, but my favourite, by far, is Good Morning, Vietnam.

Amazing performances from Robin Williams, Forest Whitaker, Bruno Kirby and (in his only movie role, apparently) Tung Thanh Tran.

Some very funny scenes, but it also knows when to take time out for some seriously gut-wrenching emotion.

I'm always in tears during that montage of the horror of war, while What a Wonderful World is playing

• Like 3

As Good As It Gets is, well, as good as it gets among these movies. Compare this collection of films to those of 1977. Man, did film-making take a nosedive.
  • Like 1

I enjoy a lot of movies on that list, but my favourite, by far, is Good Morning, Vietnam.

Amazing performances from Robin Williams, Forest Whitaker, Bruno Kirby and (in his only movie role, apparently) Tung Thanh Tran.

Some very funny scenes, but it also knows when to take time out for some seriously gut-wrenching emotion.

I'm always in tears during that montage of the horror of war, while What a Wonderful World is playing

:goodone:

Good Morning Vietnam was the other film I considered.

• Like 1

The Fifth Element is one of my favourite films and I've watched it about 20 times. It's just so quirky and unexpected.

And I must be one of the few to never have seen Fatal Attraction

Edited by IwillchooseFreeWill

As Good As It Gets is, well, as good as it gets among these movies. Compare this collection of films to those of 1977. Man, did film-making take a nosedive.

Totally agree with your last sentence.

I liked 7 of 8 movies I've seen from the '87 list. It's a good group but the quality of the '77 movies are just much greater. For example, I liked The Secret of My Success but it's nowhere in the ballpark of Close Encounters.

And then the '97 movies...saw 7 of them, liked a mere 3.

• Like 1

Went with 'Nam too. Somehow I've only seen it once. And I saw that for the first time just last year.

'87 easily beats '97 for me. And I've seen 15 of these flicks.

My favorites are Moonstruck, Men in Black and The Fifth Element. I've seen all of these except The Untouchables.