• Afterburner
    • Recycler
    • Antenna
    • Rhythmeen
    • XXX
    • Mescalero
    • La Futura

Go and buy yourself some cheap sunglasses. :cool:

I'm in a ZZ Top mood. Deguello is great medicine.

How would you rank the Top's output?

• Like 2

I'm going on a ZZ Top run over the next few days, all their albums. There's three ZZ Top's First Album, Tejas and El Loco that I haven't heard much from or haven't heard in ages. Also I've only just picked up the latest one La Futura so I'll wait till I've gone through these ones and I'll come back and do my rankings.

:smoke: <<< Beardless Billy Gibbons

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

The thing about that poll is, are we just choosing the best album?

Well anyway I'll do the poll later and rank all the albums then too.

yeah just pick your fav(s)

• Like 1

Tres Hombre and Fandango! are both excellent and share the top spot.
  • Like 1

I'm listening to ZZ Top's First Album right now. It's tremendous! This edition is one of the 5 pack Original Album Series. It has the original mix used for 70's vinyl editions with a real drum sound. Sounds great!

:codger: <<<< Dusty Hill

• Like 2

Here's my ZZ Top album ranking:

1. Deguello

2. Tres Hombres

3. Eliminator

4. Fandango!

5. Rio Grande Mud

6. Recycler

7. Rhythmeen

8. Tejas

9. ZZ Top’s First Album

10. Antenna

11. Afterburner

12. El Loco

13. Mescalero

14. La Futura

15. XXX

• Like 1

I'm listening to ZZ Top's First Album right now. It's tremendous! This edition is one of the 5 pack Original Album Series. It has the original mix used for 70's vinyl editions with a real drum sound. Sounds great!

I just ordered the 10 cd original album series, I hope it sounds as good as this one.

I just ordered the 10 cd original album series, I hope it sounds as good as this one.

I've not listened to the 10 disc one yet, but it's got the original mix. I'm pretty sure the second 5 pack has the original mixes, not so sure about the first one, that came out in 2011.

I've not listened to the 10 disc one yet, but it's got the original mix. I'm pretty sure the second 5 pack has the original mixes, not so sure about the first one, that came out in 2011.

Yes, the volume 2 has the original mixes, Can,t wait for the 10 pack. It should be arriving next week.
  • Like 1

Wow, here I am ranking the ZZ Top albums in the What Albums Have You Listened To Today thread, and I'd just forgotten I ever made this thread, let alone that I never ranked the albums!

Well here's the first 8 ranked:

1. Tres Hombres

2. Deguello

3. Tejas

4. Eliminator

5. Rio Grande Mud

6. ZZ Top's first album

7. El Loco

8. Fandango

Just found out that all of my ZZ Top albums from the first one through El Loco (minus Deguello) are apparently the much maligned remixed versions from the 80s since I got them all via the compilation set "Six Pack." So I went to listen to the difference between my version and the original by pulling up a video of Brown Sugar on youtube which claimed to be ripped straight from vinyl and... I can hear the difference a bit, but it's really nothing to write home about, not to my ears. Did they really sit down and rerecord every song's drum track using an 80s set for the remixes? It sounds to me more like they took the original drum track, upped some of the levels, and added a bit more reverb. Maybe I tried the wrong track to hear the difference? Idk, it all sounds good to me. I will say the original had Billy's voice and guitar hard panned to different sides of the mix for the intro, and I did like that effect.

Wow, here I am ranking the ZZ Top albums in the What Albums Have You Listened To Today thread, and I'd just forgotten I ever made this thread, let alone that I never ranked the albums!

1. Tres Hombres

2. Deguello

3. Tejas

4. Eliminator

5. Rio Grande Mud

6. ZZ Top's first album

7. El Loco

8. Fandango

1. Tres Hombres

2. Deguello

3. Tejas

4. Eliminator

5. Rio Grande Mud

6. ZZ Top's first album

7. El Loco

8. Fandango

Oh I never added Afterburner in here:

1. Tres Hombres

2. Deguello