Fave version of Jacob's Ladder?

Texas King

Fave version of Jacob's Ladder?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Fave version of Jacob's Ladder?

• studio version on PeW
    • live Exit Stage Left
    • live R40

I'm glad I listened to the ESL version just now because I heard some new guitar stuff from Alex I never noticed before.

Rush did a great job on Jacob's Ladder during the R40 tour, so that gets my vote.

As an aside, I picked the Las Vegas show one to listen to. I thought to myself how good the quality of the video is, then saw it was TapeheadToo's show. Here's the link in case anyone wants to look at it:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Studio.

R40 was great, especially in combination with the awesome light show but the studio version is just perfect.

• Like 1

ESL was the first version I heard, and it remains special to me...complete with the T.C. Broonzy intro :LOL:

I have mentioned before that the R40 version blew me away on a song that somehow i overlooked or just never took much notice of(because there is so many other great Rush songs to get through :cosmo: :rush: :huh: :7up: :codger: ),which made me go back and listen to the studio and other live versions.Definitely a mood track where you just sit down and zone in on it .R40 for me.

ESL. Just watched the R40 version and it's awesome, but there's something about how Alex plays it on ESL that I just like better. Studio is a close second.

There's a bum note from Alex in that version!

ESL. Just watched the R40 version and it's awesome, but there's something about how Alex plays it on ESL that I just like better. Studio is a close second.

Sometimes it's those little imperfections that make something perfect.

• Like 3

Hmmm

I have to ponder that one.

Hmmm

I have to ponder that one.

We get deep here at TRF. :codger:

• Like 1

So perfectly imperfect... Poughkeepsie, January 26th, 1980. :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ORfLqWfZCg

:LOL: The boys aren't quite in time, are they?

Too much :smoke: ?

Yeah, at one time or another they're totally lost, but the song was brandnew back then so we can turn a blind eye to it. What I really like about those old soundboards is that they have that great live feel, they're pure and honest. Man, how I love that old shit. :smoke: