This bugs the hell out of me.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 25 2005, 06:06 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2005, 06:56 PM)
OK latest fad "apprently" is to wear a Led Zeppelin shirt.

SO my friend and I were at the mall and decided to ask people who have Led Zeppelin shirts on...to name the band members of well...the band.  3/4 didn't know.  This pisses me off.

Its the same thing with AC/DC shirts. There are so many people that walk around with shirts of either band that dont at all look like the kind of people who are fans. I dunno, maybe they are, but I wouldnt bet on it. Its a fad that everyone seems to have picked up on, total bs in my opinion.

Well everyone's been wearing rock shirts here in California for years....

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2005, 08:56 PM)

SO my friend and I were at the mall and decided to ask people who have Led Zeppelin shirts on...to name the band members of well...the band. 3/4 didn't know. This pisses me off.

I've noticed that as well. So many kids at my school wear them everyday, and I can guarantee you that atleast half of them have never heard a song.

yeah I hate that too..."Look at me man, I'm wearing a shirt I got at Hot Topic that is from a tour that happened before I was born,..."

OK that sounded hypocritical as I'm guilty of that...

I have the brown 1976 Rush shirt from Hot Topic but I also have 4 other Rush shirts so I'm not one of those poser fans...

I have a Power WIndows tour shirt too, but it's an ACTUAL one not a Hot Topic replica.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 25 2005, 09:38 PM)
I would like to note almost all of my t-shirts are band t-shirts and NONE of them were bought at Hot Topic. All of them were purchased at the actual show I went to, or through the bands website.

Same for me. I don't even think I've ever walked into a Hot Topic... That store blows. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 25 2005, 06:38 PM)
I would like to note almost all of my t-shirts are band t-shirts and NONE of them were bought at Hot Topic. All of them were purchased at the actual show I went to, or through the bands website.

Good for you. Us poor people have to get band shirts at hot topic or otherwise not wear any.

The two things that irritate most me are

1. Papers/magazines publishing a picture of the lead singer of a band, be it Geddy Lee or Chris Martin, and then captioning it "Rush" or "Coldplay".

2. Broadcasters talking over musical outros of songs, particularly on songs like Freebird, Hotel California or, worst of all as I heard some retard do once, Comfortably Numb.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 26 2005, 09:34 AM)
2. Broadcasters talking over musical outros of songs, particularly on songs like Freebird, Hotel California or, worst of all as I heard some retard do once, Comfortably Numb.

At least that's not as bad as Steve Wright who used to talk over the middle sections of songs, ot the verses ot the choruses

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 24 2005, 11:00 AM)
"I bet you can't play half as good as Good Charlotte's bassist" wacko.gif

ohmy.gif

It's really hard to just ride those root notes like! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

That's just funny.

My one friend tells me all the time that I'm not as good as Phil Rudd. I find this greatly amusing.

Phil was okay. I don't see how any drummer with a minimum amount of ability can't play anything he did. He's better than me, but then again I'm a bass player. I can keep just a good time as him though.

SO my friend and I were at the mall and decided to ask people who have Led Zeppelin shirts on...to name the band members of well...the band. 3/4 didn't know. This pisses me off.

Led Zeppelin Line up is as follows

Drums: That fat guy that puked to death (I know this comment is in poor taste)

Bass: Les Claypool

Guitar: Jimmy Hendrix

Singer: Janis Joplin

Just Kidding tongue.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 26 2005, 12:14 PM)

Just Kidding tongue.gif

Uh, dude, Les Claypool is totally in Primus.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 26 2005, 11:55 AM)

Just Kidding tongue.gif

Yeah I know. It was the first bass player that came to mind that's all. I was over exaggerating the stupidity of some. I was actually gonna use Jaco Pastorious as the name of the bass player, but I highly doubted that any of the poser kids would have even known who the hell Jaco was. As well, none of the other names are in Led Zeppelin either. BTW I think he rocks and I love Primus too. You also forget to mention that Les is the songwriter/preformer of the South Park theme song.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 26 2005, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 26 2005, 11:55 AM)

Just Kidding tongue.gif

Yeah I know. It was the first bass player that came to mind that's all. I was over exaggerating the stupidity of some. I was actually gonna use Jaco Pastorious as the name of the bass player, but I highly doubted that any of the poser kids would have even known who the hell Jaco was. As well, none of the other names are in Led Zeppelin either. BTW I think he rocks and I love Primus too. You also forget to mention that Les is the songwriter/preformer of the South Park theme song.

trink39.gif

I was joking.

It really piszed me off last year, my senior year in high school, i started wearing a 2112 Tshirt (found it at Kohls!) and me and kazz were the only 2 till the end 2 months of school to have RUSH shirts. but for the last two months of school almost everybody had them, and i would walk through the halls looking for the poser's and ask them what the first 5 parts of 2112 were and they had no clue

QUOTE (SheriffJohnBrown @ Sep 26 2005, 12:08 AM)
I would like to note almost all of my t-shirts are band t-shirts and NONE of them were bought at Hot Topic.  All of them were purchased at the actual show I went to, or through the bands website.

Good for you. Us poor people have to get band shirts at hot topic or otherwise not wear any.

The Rush shirts on Rush Backstage are $15-20. Is that expensive? confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Sep 26 2005, 05:36 PM)
I would like to note almost all of my t-shirts are band t-shirts and NONE of them were bought at Hot Topic.  All of them were purchased at the actual show I went to, or through the bands website.

I dont think. But they get you on the shipping if you only order a few things yes.gif

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 26 2005, 02:06 PM)
It really piszed me off last year, my senior year in high school, i started wearing a 2112 Tshirt (found it at Kohls!) and me and kazz were the only 2 till the end 2 months of school to have RUSH shirts. but for the last two months of school almost everybody had them, and i would walk through the halls looking for the poser's and ask them what the first 5 parts of 2112 were and they had no clue

Really? oh man that would of pissed me off BIG TIME!!!

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 26 2005, 04:06 PM)

That really sucks. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 26 2005, 04:37 PM)

I dont think. But they get you on the shipping if you only order a few things yes.gif

That's true, but that's how it is if you order anything online. Shipping is always a ripoff.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Sep 26 2005, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Sep 26 2005, 04:37 PM)

That's true, but that's how it is if you order anything online. Shipping is always a ripoff.

I know some places will pay for the shipping if you order X amount of dollars worth. Like if you spend $50 you could get free shipping. Look into those details.

Archived