This bugs the hell out of me.

It really annoys the crap out of me when people say things which they have no idea regarding names.

For Example:

"Pink Floyd he's a great singer" (Hello this Is a band not a person)

"Did you See Hootie in The Burger King Commercial?" (His name Is Darius Rucker dumbass!!)

"I love the way Lynyrd Skynyrd plays, he has such awesome licks" (Again Stupid, it's a band not a person!)

That sorta thing. I was just wondering if anyone else finds this annoying or am I just being an uppity music snob.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 23 2005, 11:02 PM)
A few days ago I was wearing my Dark Side shirt and this kid didn't even know who they were and he said "It just looks like some gay shirt to me" (the rainbow/prism thing). So I freaked out and made him listen.

I don't think he liked it... V_V

He obviously has no taste in music. rofl3.gif

Thats what I tell people when they say the don't like 2.gif laugh.gif

I've got two main ones:

2.gif , are they still going. I thought they'd split up. (No, they're still going and as good as ever).

I think Cream's original version of Crossroads is the best. (The original version of Crossroads was by Robert Johnson and that is the best version).

And a new one I heard on one of our local radio stations recently - 'Live at Nottingham Arena the [/i]legendary[/i] Franz Ferdinand. ([/i]LEGENDARY[/i]!!!! - Surely a band can't reach legendary status when their debut album has only recently been released.)

I get annoyed at people who say they're a HUGE floyd fan...but they have only heart Dark SIde. And also they dont like Great Gig or Any Coulour (my poersonal 2 faves from the album). Me personally i can say im a mega fan. I have all the Floyd albums (many double cause i bought "SHINE ON") Im cool.......

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Sep 24 2005, 02:05 AM)
I've got two main ones:

2.gif , are they still going. I thought they'd split up. (No, they're still going and as good as ever).

I think Cream's original version of Crossroads is the best. (The original version of Crossroads was by Robert Johnson and that is the best version).

And a new one I heard on one of our local radio stations recently - 'Live at Nottingham Arena the [/i]legendary[/i] Franz Ferdinand. ([/i]LEGENDARY[/i]!!!! - Surely a band can't reach legendary status when their debut album has only recently been released.)

YEs I agree. Franz is a great band. I have their album...it's really awesome. But they are not LEGENDARY.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Sep 23 2005, 06:45 PM)
I remember people saying about Zeppelin that they liked his stuff.  That was about 20 years ago.  Some things never change, I guess.

In direct German translation, you would call them a girl. I guess it doesn't matter there, every band is a "she" and not an "it."

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Sep 24 2005, 07:29 AM)
I get annoyed at people who say they're a HUGE floyd fan...but they have only heart Dark SIde. And also they dont like Great Gig or Any Coulour (my poersonal 2 faves from the album). Me personally i can say im a mega fan. I have all the Floyd albums (many double cause i bought "SHINE ON") Im cool.......

I love jamming to Every Colour...because I can do it on anything. Guitar, keyboard, bass, trombone, tuba, whatever. The song is universally easy!

QUOTE (Clark3934 @ Sep 24 2005, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 23 2005, 11:02 PM)
A few days ago I was wearing my Dark Side shirt and this kid didn't even know who they were and he said "It just looks like some gay shirt to me" (the rainbow/prism thing). So I freaked out and made him listen.

I don't think he liked it... V_V

He obviously has no taste in music. rofl3.gif

Thats what I tell people when they say the don't like 2.gif laugh.gif

After he finished listening (The song I played was Any Colour biggrin.gif ), I asked him what he listened to and he said something like "Just random stuff, and when I do listen I'm not OBSESSED like you!".

Then I said something like "Yeah man, music is the coolest thing ever..."

I think he thinks I'm weird wacko.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 24 2005, 07:51 PM)
"Just random stuff,

That's another one for me...when people say they listen to "random stuff..."

I'm sure what you listen to has a name...maybe if you'd take the time to learn it, we'd be getting somewhere.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 25 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Sep 24 2005, 07:51 PM)
"Just random stuff,

That's another one for me...when people say they listen to "random stuff..."

I'm sure what you listen to has a name...maybe if you'd take the time to learn it, we'd be getting somewhere.

Yeah man... I uh... I just listen to... whatever comes on the radio man... you know, stuff like that...

OK latest fad "apprently" is to wear a Led Zeppelin shirt.

SO my friend and I were at the mall and decided to ask people who have Led Zeppelin shirts on...to name the band members of well...the band. 3/4 didn't know. This pisses me off.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 25 2005, 06:56 PM)
OK latest fad "apprently" is to wear a Led Zeppelin shirt.

SO my friend and I were at the mall and decided to ask people who have Led Zeppelin shirts on...to name the band members of well...the band. 3/4 didn't know. This pisses me off.

Its the same thing with AC/DC shirts. There are so many people that walk around with shirts of either band that dont at all look like the kind of people who are fans. I dunno, maybe they are, but I wouldnt bet on it. Its a fad that everyone seems to have picked up on, total bs in my opinion.

Archived