Wow do I Love Love

Bigbobby10

One of my favourite albums of the sixties.
  • Like 4

Great stuff, thanks BB10

I never knew who originally wrote and performed the classic "Alone Again Or" ... I'm going to listen to the entire album later

Let me know what you think of it. All the songs are just as good as Alone again or..

• Like 2

Great stuff, thanks BB10

I never knew who originally wrote and performed the classic "Alone Again Or" ... I'm going to listen to the entire album later

Let me know what you think of it. All the songs are just as good as Alone again or..

ok, I just finished listening ... it was the first time I've heard any of it as I've only heard the various covers of Alone Again Or .... I enjoyed it, and there were some moments that jumped out right away - which makes me want to hear the album again ..

good album

• Like 3

Forever Changes live at Glastonbury is excellent, as were the appearances on Jools Holland's show.

The arrangements on that album are so tasteful and actually add to the songs, as opposed to mindless filigree.

You Set the Scene should be a classic. Great, thoughtful, and innovative stuff, especially lyrically.

"My Little Red Book" and "7 and 7 is" are pretty swell too!

• Like 2

Bryan McLean wrote "Alone Again Or"... for a long time I was sure it was Lee who wrote it.

Forever Changes is a F****n CLASSIC.

Their other music is great too... Side One of Da Capo is full of great songs... but Forever Changes stands apart from other albums of the period. Timeless.

• Like 2

Bryan McLean wrote "Alone Again Or"... for a long time I was sure it was Lee who wrote it.

Forever Changes is a F****n CLASSIC.

Their other music is great too... Side One of Da Capo is full of great songs... but Forever Changes stands apart from other albums of the period. Timeless.

I love both albums but yes, Forever Changes stands apart!

• Like 2

I discovered them late and I have to agree- brilliant stuff. Arthur Lee was an amazing writer.
  • Like 2

Just listened to Forever Changes again, and I can say this album is a top 3 album of all time for me.

It's a shame the album was so overshadowed back when it came out. It never had much of a chance. Didn't get much airplay either.

• Like 3

Just listened to Forever Changes again, and I can say this album is a top 3 album of all time for me.

It's a shame the album was so overshadowed back when it came out. It never had much of a chance. Didn't get much airplay either.

It is weird, you are completely right, this album is number 40 on Rolling Stones 100 greatest albums of all time, but at the same time I never heard of them before finding them by a friend and never heard them on the radio before, really a shame

• Like 1

The "Love Story" docu is amazing, and it suggests that it was Lee's refusal to tour that prevented Forever Changes from becoming a smash.

• Like 1

And the album will always remind me of Bobby Kennedy's assassination because that's about when I started hearing the songs from it on the radio.

Hey Lorraine -

You mentioned hearing "Good Humor Man" on the radio. What other tracks do you remember hearing? and was it FM or AM?

• Like 1

And the album will always remind me of Bobby Kennedy's assassination because that's about when I started hearing the songs from it on the radio.

Hey Lorraine -

You mentioned hearing "Good Humor Man" on the radio. What other tracks do you remember hearing? and was it FM or AM?

The dj was Bob Lewis, and the station was WABC FM which later became WPLJ. What it is today, I do not know.

That's the only song they played on the radio.

But my other favorite song from the album is You Set The Scene.

• Like 3

Hey Lorraine -

The dj was Bob Lewis, and the station was WABC FM which later became WPLJ. What it is today, I do not know.

aaah... Bobaloo! :) Cool..thanks! I think "You Set The Scene" is my favorite too.

You might be thinking, how the hell does a native Californian know him (Bob Lewis, much less his nickname)?

Well... 1) I'm a radio buff/part time DJ, and 2) I collected "airchecks" from all over the US for a while. I think I have a Bob Lewis tape from WABC-FM in 1970 :)

• Like 1

Hey Lorraine -

aaah... Bobaloo! :) Cool..thanks! I think "You Set The Scene" is my favorite too.

You might be thinking, how the hell does a native Californian know him (Bob Lewis, much less his nickname)?

Well... 1) I'm a radio buff/part time DJ, and 2) I collected "airchecks" from all over the US for a while. I think I have a Bob Lewis tape from WABC-FM in 1970 :)

Yes, I am very surprised you know him.

I loved Bob Lewis. I was a kid, and I was always writing him letters. He would answer them too. I kept them for years.

You're right though. He was known as Bobaloo when he dj'ed on WABC AM. When he switched to FM, he became more dignified. ;) :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Hey Lorraine -

There was a great version of that live on Jools Holland's show, but sadly 'tis no longer on the YouTubes...keep an eye peeled, it could resurface!

This is pretty good:

• Like 2

Hey Lorraine -

There was a great version of that live on Jools Holland's show, but sadly 'tis no longer on the YouTubes...keep an eye peeled, it could resurface!

This is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19l1J8S3HJc

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I loved it! That was a 10. They would never have been able to do that on stage in 1968.

Thanks for posting it.

• Like 2