Cinderella Man VS The Big Money?

Texas King

Cinderella Man VS The Big Money?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Cinderella Man VS The Big Money?

The best song from A Farewell To Kings vs. the 3rd or 4th best song from Power Windows. I voted for The Big Money. Goes to show how much stronger the 80s albums are than the 70s ones!

:LOL:

Marathon obliterates Madrigal.

Headlong Flight decimates Rivendell.

Cut to the Chase filets I Think I'm Going Bald.

But these only show that I like one song more than another.

Perhaps you didn't understand what I wrote. Do you consider I Think I'm Going Bald the BEST song off of Caress of Steel AND Cut to the Chase not the best on Counterparts? Similarly, do you consider Rivendell the best off Fly By Night, while thinking Headlong Flight is behind 2 or 3 other songs from Clockwork Angels? If these things are not true, then you misunderstood my point. Which is that even my favourite song from my favourite 70s RUSH album, I like less than my 3rd or 4th favourite song from any of the 80s albums.

I got you. And you're still comparing songs. And it still doesnt matter.

Imho, the best song off RTB is still not as good as the worst song off MP. So what? The best song off RTB is still a damn good song that I really enjoy.

You think 80s Rush is better than 70s Rush. So what? Many people do.

So why does it mess you up so much when someone prefers 70s stuff more than other decades? How does that make sense?!

What part are you not getting?

This poll (and practically all the others) specifically asks for me, along with others on this board, to compare songs. What else would you have me do on a thread asking to compare songs? Would it make you happy to have less vocal dissenting voices? I did a fair assessment. It's not my fault that my opinion is so upsetting to you that you have to make spurious analogies in an effort to discredit my personal feelings about the songs in question. It is not without reason to strengthen ones rational when others make arguments that distort ones points.

It's not upsetting me. That's what you're reading.

As i said too, you're comparing two songs.

• Like 1

The best song from A Farewell To Kings vs. the 3rd or 4th best song from Power Windows. I voted for The Big Money. Goes to show how much stronger the 80s albums are than the 70s ones!

Perhaps you didn't understand what I wrote. Do you consider I Think I'm Going Bald the BEST song off of Caress of Steel AND Cut to the Chase not the best on Counterparts? Similarly, do you consider Rivendell the best off Fly By Night, while thinking Headlong Flight is behind 2 or 3 other songs from Clockwork Angels? If these things are not true, then you misunderstood my point. Which is that even my favourite song from my favourite 70s RUSH album, I like less than my 3rd or 4th favourite song from any of the 80s albums.

Imho, the best song off RTB is still not as good as the worst song off MP. So what? The best song off RTB is still a damn good song that I really enjoy.

So why does it mess you up so much when someone prefers 70s stuff more than other decades? How does that make sense?!

People strongly expressing their opinions seems to really bother you.

Not really.

But this non-opinion is like a gnat in my ear:

Did someone put fish skin and seaweed in your cheerios?

You're welcome. The comment that preceded it was especially douchey.

Nice. And if I were African American would you have gone with other food choices? Probably not.

No, diatribein's posts don't bother me. I just disagree with him sometimes. No big deal to me.

But why did you have to go with the fish skin and seaweed comment? You don't even see anything wrong with it. That's wrong in itself.

• Like 2

In reading the posts and opinions here, I fail to see where Blaze is bothered - he is simply taking part in a discussion and making his point ..

If you think he's "bothered", maybe it's because that is your intention ?

Not really.

Nice. And if I were African American would you have gone with other food choices? Probably not.

No, diatribein's posts don't bother me. I just disagree with him sometimes. No big deal to me.

But why did you have to go with the fish skin and seaweed comment? You don't even see anything wrong with it. That's wrong in itself.

Wow, I didn't know that you were this racist. It's illuminating.

Not really.

Now you're full on trolling.

But it is your comment. You can't deny that.

In reading the posts and opinions here, I fail to see where Blaze is bothered - he is simply taking part in a discussion and making his point ..

If you think he's "bothered", maybe it's because that is your intention ?

Huh? His belligerence has nothing to do with me, seeing as me pointing it out was the first time I addressed anything he said in this thread.

Not really.

Why would I deny my comment? That's just weird.

Of course, your racist comment is a matter of record now.

Not really.

The fish skin and seaweed thing was complete shit, just man up and admit it

For f***s sake, this is a discussion about music and you are bringing some hateful shit into this

• Like 1

Not really.

For f***s sake, this is a discussion about music and you are bringing some hateful shit into this

Johnny and I have discussed my intense distaste for Japanese food before, with me stating that I hate seafood and everything that has ever lived in the ocean...and the tendency in Japanese cuisine to add fish skin or seaweed to dishes that do not otherwise contain seafood. That is what I referenced. I don't know his race, ethnicity, or anything else about him other than that he lives (or has lived) in Japan. He knows that I have lived in China, speak Chinese, love Asia, and married an Asian woman who is the mother to my kids.

Yet he still made his racist comments towards me in response to me teasing his known and well-stated affinity for seafood in response to his belligerence towards opinions about songs. I'm not willing to let such odious and unprovoked hate slide.

Not really.

Johnny and I have discussed my intense distaste for Japanese food before, with me stating that I hate seafood and everything that has ever lived in the ocean...and the tendency in Japanese cuisine to add fish skin or seaweed to dishes that do not otherwise contain seafood. That is what I referenced. I don't know his race, ethnicity, or anything else about him other than that he lives (or has lived) in Japan. He knows that I have lived in China, speak Chinese, love Asia, and married an Asian woman who is the mother to my kids.

Yet he still made his racist comments towards me in response to me teasing his known and well-stated affinity for seafood in response to his belligerence towards opinions about songs. I'm not willing to let such odious and unprovoked hate slide.

What did he say that was racist ??

Not really.

Where is my racist comment?

As for all the things you stated there, sorry but I don't even remember all that. I was quoting your seaweed and fish flake comment. So if it was my misunderstanding that it wasn't prejudiced i apologize.

But I still don't see which comment of mine was racist. Point it out.

And I certainly don't see the belligerence that you mentioned earlier either.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Not really.

Where is my racist comment?

As for all the things you stated there, sorry but I don't even remember all that. I was quoting your seaweed and fish flake comment. So if it was my misunderstanding that it wasn't prejudiced i apologize.

But I still don't see which comment of mine was racist. Point it out.

And I certainly don't see the belligerence that you mentioned earlier either.

In light of your gracious apology, I don't see the point in continuing down this path. I'd rather move on and hope that our interactions in the future can be as pleasant as they usually were in the past, good natured teasing and all.

I will say, though, that it was never my intent to express any sort of racist idea, and I am truly sorry if you took it that way.

• Like 1

Cinderella Man, without a doubt. I love that tune. The midsection jam could have stood to be fleshed out to a few minutes just on its own. Great tune.

The Big Money I've never cared for all that much. It's catchy and all, but :huh:

I've always thought it was their weakest 'single'.

• Like 2

Cinderella Man just seems very cheesy to me. The lyrics are almost too straight-forward. They don't seem to have any depth. The Big Money is a lot better on those terms as it addresses a major problem with society (yes, I understand that Cinderella Man does, too) and makes sure to keep in touch with the listener. Plus, I pee a little every time I hear the first guitar hit at the beginning of The Big Money. It's a great way to start such a great album.

Cinderella Man just seems very cheesy to me. The lyrics are almost too straight-forward. They don't seem to have any depth. The Big Money is a lot better on those terms as it addresses a major problem with society (yes, I understand that Cinderella Man does, too) and makes sure to keep in touch with the listener. Plus, I pee a little every time I hear the first guitar hit at the beginning of The Big Money. It's a great way to start such a great album.

Interesting...I really enjoy Power Windows now (much more so than I did when it was first released); I think it's a really strong album. But I feel that The Big Money is among the weakest material on it.

I have a deep sentimental attachment to Cinderella Man as a song, but those powerchords at the beginning of The Big Money and the big bright ringing guitar after the false end always make me feel special happy zings of excitement. Too close to call.
  • Like 1

Interesting...I really enjoy Power Windows now (much more so than I did when it was first released); I think it's a really strong album. But I feel that The Big Money is among the weakest material on it.

The problem with The Big Money, beyond the cheesy lyrics, is how completely horribly it's aged. The cheap and cheesy Casio synths simply do not sit well outside of the time they were made, and they didn't sit well there either.

• Like 1