Jonathan Demme dies at 73

ReRushed

Sorry about the title. Posted from my cell phone.

Fixed.

Imagine the movie landscape without Silence of the Lambs. RIP, Mr. Demme.

Thanks.

Agreed. And let's not forget Stop Making Sense, a benchmark in concert films and documentaries.

Demme was so diverse in his storytelling. An all-time great director.

• Like 1

RIP, Jonathan. :rose: He directed two really good concert movies with Neil Young in them; Heart of Gold (2006) and Journeys (2011). Journeys is a bit of a story, as Neil goes back to Ontario to visit his childhood village and then perform at Massey Hall. Well worth watching if you like Neil.

I always liked Melvin and Howard as well, which is this strange comedy Demme made back in the day about Howard Hughes dying and a milkman claiming that Hughes left him all the money. Interesting movie!

• Like 1

RIP, Jonathan. :rose: He directed two really good concert movies with Neil Young in them; Heart of Gold (2006) and Journeys (2011). Journeys is a bit of a story, as Neil goes back to Ontario to visit his childhood village and then perform at Massey Hall. Well worth watching if you like Neil.

I always liked Melvin and Howard as well, which is this strange comedy Demme made back in the day about Howard Hughes dying and a milkman claiming that Hughes left him all the money. Interesting movie!

Saw Gold on Showtime a couple of years ago. Good concert movie.

Married To The Mob is worth mentioning. Funny mob comedy and it earned Dean Stockwell an Oscar nod.

• Like 1