I miss new Alex

lifeson90

Out for a walk earlier i put power windows on headphones and really got into Al's playing, like he paints abstract pictures with his instrument the guy's imagination is in a different rock guitar league as most of us know and i got thinking 'mann i just really miss new stuff from Alex'

Like decades ago we'd get a new album every year nearly which we know now was such a privilege and new Alex was kinda piped out on a regular basis, even when it went to every couple or three years that was great, more than enough - then when we finally got to every 5 years it was still enough at least we were getting something.

But now the thought of not getting any new sounds from Alex, even when he still mentally cool, is kind of depressing and even upsetting in a way when you grown up with this beautiful genius

This isnt a rant complaining about no more rush, if the guys retired then good luck to em all we can say they given so much, i'm just expressing a little personal downer i've experienced, to live the rest of life without Al doing his thing again.

Not even sure why making it a topic, not seeking answers or anything, just sharing a little grief i suppose with people in roughly the same boat, like something important really has died.

• Like 6

You'll hear new stuff from Alex at some point. It just won't be with Rush. I don't think him and Geddy are done yet.

I read an interview with Alex a few weeks ago where he said that he's been writing a lot lately. He mentioned writing a bunch of acoustic stuff as well.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Victor apart from some of the lyrics.I would really love a solo album in the near future.Hurry Alex,you have to beat Jimmy Page to it!
  • Like 1

I just miss Alex. Don't care what era. I miss seeing him and Geddy live...their on stage rapport.

I suppose I'll still see him in the occasional odd dream...you know those ones. Where he's teaching a bunch of castaways and on an island how to greek dance, or lecturing me on architecture from his home with no furniture, giant floor to ceiling windows, and a view of his personal herd of buffalo, or talking to a group of us before a concert, while drinking from a giant cup of coffee as big as a basketball. You know...those dreams...that Alex.

*Sigh*

• Like 5

I just miss Alex. Don't care what era. I miss seeing him and Geddy live...their on stage rapport.

I suppose I'll still see him in the occasional odd dream...you know those ones. Where he's teaching a bunch of castaways and on an island how to greek dance, or lecturing me on architecture from his home with no furniture, giant floor to ceiling windows, and a view of his personal herd of buffalo, or talking to a group of us before a concert, while drinking from a giant cup of coffee as big as a basketball. You know...those dreams...that Alex.

*Sigh*

At least you can still dance and really shake that ass! :smoke:

• Like 1