Clockwork Angels vs Collapse Into Now

Brucey

Clockwork Angels vs Collapse Into Now  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Clockwork Angels
    • Collapse Into Now

Since I haven't heard that last REM album, I can't vote.

But there are some REM albums that I'd definitely put over some Rush albums.

It's worth listening to. First couple go BANG and suck you in like that, the rest of it is a bit softer.

• Like 1

First couple go BANG and suck you in like that, the rest of it is a bit softer.

Stop talking about your sex life

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 5

It's worth listening to. First couple go BANG and suck you in like that, the rest of it is a bit softer.

Yeah, I'd give it a shot.

Like many, I prefer their older 80s stuff but there are some good 90s moments (though too spread out IMHO) post Out Of Time. I haven't heard all of the 3 albums preceding Collapse either...which means I haven't heard their 21st century stuff, just a few songs here and there.

Monster was the album that turned me off of REM. Hi-Fi was better but it didn't grab me like any of their stuff say a decade before that. Even Automatic was way better than Monster IMHO and I wasn't really drooling over that one in the first place.

• Like 1

Never heard an REM album in my life to my knowledge. So I can't vote.

But i'm guessing I would vote for Clockwork Angels.

For me, REM probably wouldn't be a top 5 band BUT their two best albums (Document and Life's Rich Pageant) MIGHT be better than Clockwork Angels. And I like Clockwork Angels just fine.

Those two REM albums are DEFINITELY more enjoyable to me than T4E, Vapor Trails, and Snakes & Arrows though.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'd give it a shot.

Like many, I prefer their older 80s stuff but there are some good 90s moments (though too spread out IMHO) post Out Of Time. I haven't heard all of the 3 albums preceding Collapse either...which means I haven't heard their 21st century stuff, just a few songs here and there.

Monster was the album that turned me off of REM. Hi-Fi was better but it didn't grab me like any of their stuff say a decade before that. Even Automatic was way better than Monster IMHO and I wasn't really drooling over that one in the first place.

LOVE MONSTER!! My 3rd favorite REM album.. I always dug that they made a different sounding album that grabbed me right away.

For me, REM probably wouldn't be a top 5 band BUT their two best albums (Document and Life's Rich Pageant) MIGHT be better than Clockwork Angels. And I like Clockwork Angels just fine.

Those two REM albums are DEFINITELY more enjoyable to me than T4E, Vapor Trails, and Snakes & Arrows though.

I think Murmur and Automatic for the People are better than Document and Lifes Rich Pageant. Throw in Reckoning and you have my top five R.E.M. albums.

R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands of all-time. So is Rush, obviously. With that said, I probably enjoy more R.E.M. albums song for song than Rush albums. In the end, bury me with copies of Murmur and Moving Pictures.

Here's something to think about, R.E.M. would do a killer version of "Half the World".

As for this match-up - probably Clockwork Angels.

• Like 3

I love REM and as i get older that love intensifies.

My favourite REM song is The Great Beyond.

• Like 1

i can't name just one song of theirs that's my stand out favourite, way too many of them to choose from!

• Like 2

i can't name just one song of theirs that's my stand out favourite, way too many of them to choose from!

I Still have plenty left to listen too!

• Like 1

I think Murmur and Automatic for the People are better than Document and Lifes Rich Pageant. Throw in Reckoning and you have my top five R.E.M. albums.

R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands of all-time. So is Rush, obviously. With that said, I probably enjoy more R.E.M. albums song for song than Rush albums. In the end, bury me with copies of Murmur and Moving Pictures.

Here's something to think about, R.E.M. would do a killer version of "Half the World".

As for this match-up - probably Clockwork Angels.

Come to think of it, Murmur is at least my 3rd favorite. Some days it could be 1st or 2nd. My ears treat Murmur, Pageant, and Document the same way they treat Hemispheres, PeW, and MP --- any one of them might be in the #1, 2, or 3 spot depending on the day. But usually MP is #1, and usually Document is #1.

Automatic and Reckoning are very good albums.

I never thought about Half the World being covered by REM but it could definitely work. I can imagine the Stipe vocals and jangly guitar now. Good call. :yes:

So many good songs. Thinking about that, they might be in my top 5 after all.

R.E.M. were huge when I was in college. They never clicked for me. I can enjoy some of their "hits" now, but I wouldn't ever throw on R.E.M and listen to a whole album of theirs.

Clockwork Angels is the best Rush album since, at a minimum, P/G. On the right day, it's better.

With these two albums, Clockwork Angels for sure. My REM favorites are Fables of the Reconstruction and Green. I'd have to pick either of those over T4E.

Two very good REM albums. I didn't like Green when it was new ((probably heard Stand too many times)) but I warmed up to it a decade or so later. World Leader Pretend and Orange Crush are my top picks from that.

Driver 8 off Fables is better than anything off Snakes & Arrows IMHO.

I agree that both albums are better than T4E. :yes:

• Like 1

With these two albums, Clockwork Angels for sure. My REM favorites are Fables of the Reconstruction and Green. I'd have to pick either of those over T4E.

Two very good REM albums. I didn't like Green when it was new ((probably heard Stand too many times)) but I warmed up to it a decade or so later. World Leader Pretend and Orange Crush are my top picks from that.

Driver 8 off Fables is better than anything off Snakes & Arrows IMHO.

I agree that both albums are better than T4E. :yes:

Driver 8 is one of my favorites from that album! I love about half of Snakes and Arrows, though, so I would have to disagree with you there a bit. Aside from Resist, there is not much of T4E that appeals to me, so definitely the REM, although Stand really did get overplayed a lot!

• Like 1