The Doors album knockout?

Texas King

The Doors album knockout?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. The Doors album knockout?

I'd rather get knocked out than knock one of these out.

I love this band so much lol!

• Like 1

I'd rather get knocked out than knock one of these out.

I love this band so much lol!

That's because you live on Love Street.

Shall we take that thought to the Queen thread hehe

My favourite Doors song is likely Crystal Ship so...based on that I choose...

...death

• Like 1

Both great albums, but LA Woman gets my vote. Nearly two years ago I heard the album on my flight to LA and it was almost a spiritual experience. I've listened to it again and again, almost for the whole flight. So I ended up with a minimum of eight or nine spins and with each new spin, I decided to order a different kind of drink to make the experience more special. As soon as the plane landed, 13 hours later, I was totally fukked, but happy and glad that they let me enter the country. :madra:

LA Woman is a very good and relaxing album to get smoothly drunk to. :codger:

• Like 1

I just went through a Doors binge about a month ago. Love 'em. Their debut is in the discussion for best debut album ever.

"The first album is basically the Doors live," Manzarek says in the documentary Classic Albums: The Doors. "There are very few overdubs. It's 'The Doors: Live from the Whisky a Go Go' ... except in a recording studio."

Doors' Debut Album: 10 Things You Didn't Know...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/doors-debut-album-10-things-you-didnt-know-w458833

• Like 1

I just went through a Doors binge about a month ago. Love 'em. Their debut is in the discussion for best debut album ever.

What has surprised me as of late is how this band has fallen off the influence chart. Decades ago they made the Top Three or Top Five list of so many people. Today no one cares. Oliver Stone couldn't make that movie now.

Too bad L.A. Woman wasn't the Doors' last official album. Up next, let's vote on Other Voices and Full Circle!

I don't count those. Just because lol

Too bad L.A. Woman wasn't the Doors' last official album. Up next, let's vote on Other Voices and Full Circle!

I don't blame.you. But they do exist. And they are official.

I don't blame.you. But they do exist. And they are official.

To be fair...they aren't as bad as many claim. But they have no replay value either so...

L.A. Woman

The debut album is tremendous...but L.A. Woman is their masterpiece.

Since I wasn't alive during that time, it's impossible for me to judge whether the fact that it was Morrison's swan song has added anything to its lustre that wouldn't otherwise be there. But still, I think that album was the jewel in their crown.

• Like 1