Your top 3 and the weakest song(s) on Power Windows?

Texas King

Your top 3 and the weakest song(s) on Power Windows?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Your top 3 tracks on Power Windows?

2. 2. The weakest track(s) on PoW?

Good: The Big Money

Territories

Mystic Rythms

Bad: Marathon

OMG, SO BAD: Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

The lyrics "Dreams flow across the heartland..." and "When we lift the covers from our feelings..." Seriously Neil?! You wrote that drivel?! Bleh. No. Do not want :poke:

Lyric-wise, Middletown is one of my all time favorites. And i really like the lyrics in Emotion.

This part is among my all time favorite set of lyrics in all of music:

It's understood

By every single person

Who'd be elsewhere if they could

So far so good

And life's not unpleasant

In their little neighborhood

:yes:

Fixed for wrong emoji. :doh:

Obviously I'm in the minority...according to the poll. But those lyrics (the ones I quoted) seriously make me cringe.

Well, you know what they say...one person's cringing is another person's swooning. Or something like that. ;)

I remember you hating the lyrics to the song. :LOL:

I get the same reaction when I hear "When we turn the pages of history..." or "When the dragons get too mighty..."

:facepalm:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

The Big Money is so cheesy. Esp. I hate this cheesy lyrical part in a song:

It's the power and the glory

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

"Cinderella story" in lyrics? Come on, awful.

:LOL:

How about these Cinderella lyrics?:

Cinderella Man

Doing what you can...

Bla bla bla

Cinderella Man

Hang on to your plans...

Bla bla bla

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

:LOL:

How about these Cinderella lyrics?:

Cinderella Man

Doing what you can...

Bla bla bla

Cinderella Man

Hang on to your plans...

Bla bla bla

:clap:

I remember the day i first played it and was amazed at how bright and shiny it sounded after the gloomy GUP and how different it sounded from Moving Pictures which was only a few years ago.Marathon,Big Money,Middletown dreams.Maybe Terrotries as the least.But despite its 80s gloss its a perfect album except for the bands fashion (non)sense and hairdos

IMO the only weak song on the album is The Big Money.

Remove The Big Money from Power WIndows and IMO the album is damn close to perfection.

Manhattan and Marathon are by far my favorites, and distant third goes to Emotion Detector.

Any of the others could be the worst, but I went with Middletown...it combines bad synths with bad vocals and lyrics. Just a smorgasborg of suck.

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

While still wanting to avoid politics: But that is exactly what capitalism is: A Cinderella story (someone getting rich) on a tumble of the dice (through luck and happenstance). The lyrics are perfect. They are spot on. Anyone living in this world and subject to the vagaries of this societal system can relate. For me, this is the album when Neil's lyrics really started to take shape and began to consistently say something important and often prescient.

• Like 2

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

While still wanting to avoid politics: But that is exactly what capitalism is: A Cinderella story (someone getting rich) on a tumble of the dice (through luck and happenstance). The lyrics are perfect. They are spot on. Anyone living in this world and subject to the vagaries of this societal system can relate. For me, this is the album when Neil's lyrics really started to take shape and began to consistently say something important and often prescient.

Your understanding of capitalism is rivaled only by your taste in Rush.

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

Are you going to cite to me how an orphan born in Sri Lanka has the same likelihood and opportunities to garner wealth through "hard work" as a someone born in Manhattan, educated in private schools, and gifted a million dollars on their 18th birthday has? Or is it your opinion that where you are born and to whom is not a product of luck?

Edited by diatribein

It's a war in paradise

It's a Cinderella story

On a tumble of the dice

Are you going to cite to me how an orphan born in Sri Lanka has the same likelihood and opportunities to garner wealth through "hard work" as a someone born in Manhattan, educated in private schools, and gifted a million dollars on their 18th birthday has? Or is it your opinion that where you are born and to whom is not a product of luck?

Thank you for making my point.