What are The Analog Kid's Lyrics About?

chain__lightning

Could never figure out why it isn't Analog Man and Digital Kid.. digital was the new age ..
  • Like 3

I know they involve a boy, a girl with sunbrowned legs, and his baseball cap...

Love this song

Same here. Best song on Signals. Perfect 10, musically and lyrically.

Here's the quick answer:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=7198

And here's a more complete answer with multiple opinions:

http://rushvault.com/2011/02/06/the-analog-kid/

• Like 3

The story is set in the future 2017 in fact and they're about a kid who hates iphones and ipods and even CDs and any other digital equipment, hence the analog kid.

No way could anyone ever write a song as great as this based on Zumbi.

. Edited by Segue Myles

.http://wheresallthedirtywomen.com/new2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/01-dirty_girls.jpg

Dirty!

Leave my sister out of this.

• Like 2

Could never figure out why it isn't Analog Man and Digital Kid.. digital was the new age ..

Really?

Things were analog when you were a kid.

Things are digital now as an adult.

That's what I took from it anyway.

Ya but on New Year's Day the old year is portrayed as an old man and the new year is portrayed as a newborn baby..

Really?

Ya but on New Year's Day the old year is portrayed as an old man and the new year is portrayed as a newborn baby..

On January 1st, 2018 you'll be older. Then in 2019, even older. 2020, older still. 2021....

;)

• Like 1

Really?

On January 1st, 2018 you'll be older. Then in 2019, even older. 2020, older still. 2021....

;)

Ya well I think Einstein taught us that time is relative! :P

• Like 1

I always figured they purposely inverted it...to be clever or something
  • Like 1

Maybe cause everything was analog when he was growing up and as a man he had to learn to adapt to the digital age? :huh: ("adept at adaptation")

• Like 3

Definitely one of my favorite songs. I always thought it was the Digital Man as a kid. I love the last verse. "When I leave I don't know what I am hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind." That's deep ;)
  • Like 4

Definitely one of my favorite songs. I always thought it was the Digital Man as a kid. I love the last verse. "When I leave I don't know what I am hoping to find. When I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind." That's deep ;)

Agreed. The statement is truthful about knowing nothing of the future and not being sure of what's left behind until one hasn't lived. Connection between one phase of life and another.

Synths,"keyboards and guitars create these 'strange' feelings. Drums create the fast rhythm of one growing and changing.

It's very related.

One of my favorite songs ever! :rush:

• Like 4