Justice Is Served

Lucas

Scott Van Zyl made his living taking wealthy clients on “safaris” for the sole purpose of bringing home trophies like leopards, zebras, wildebeests and even lions. Now, investigators in Zimbabwe believe that Van Zyl ended up on the wrong end of the predator-prey relationship, and DNA tests have confirmed that he was attacked, killed, and eaten by crocodiles while on a hunting trip

Van Zyl, who ran SS Pro Safaris, offered specials for hunters to spend a week or more on his hunting lands which border nature preserves, with the promise of killing up to seven different species for $9,000. He also offered other hunting expeditions with targets like elephants and giraffes, though specifics for those, including prices, aren’t listed on the company’s site. Photos of clients holding the bodies of several rare species are posted on Van Zyl’s site, along with the motto “Stop whining, go hunting.”

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/man-made-living-killing-african-wildlife-gets-eaten-000029146.html

• Like 4

On behalf of Australia's salt water crocodiles (aka Salties), I'd like to congratulate our African brothers on a job well done. :7up:
  • Like 5

Justice would've been better served if he could've been prosecuted and imprisoned.

Rest assured, I'm not mourning.

The infuriating thing is that what he was doing is legal there

I don't know much about what this guy was specifically doing, but there are a lot of legal safari hunts on game preserves in Africa that are used to help protect animals. They can raise millions of dollars for the park service in very poor countries that can't afford sufficient enforcement against poaching. I've even heard some say that controlled legal hunting in Africa has kept some animals from going extinct.

Something to consider.

• Like 1

Busted and owned!

:yes:

Justice would've been better served if he could've been prosecuted and imprisoned.

imprisonment would have been a lengthening of his life. He didn't deserve to survive.

Indeed it is infuriating!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Wanna%20fight%20Banana.gif

I don't know much about what this guy was specifically doing, but there are a lot of legal safari hunts on game preserves in Africa that are used to help protect animals. They can raise millions of dollars for the park service in very poor countries that can't afford sufficient enforcement against poaching. I've even heard some say that controlled legal hunting in Africa has kept some animals from going extinct.

Something to consider.

This is no time to be rational!!!
  • Like 1

Something to consider.

FU

http://images2.corriereobjects.it/methode_image/2017/04/23/Scienze/Foto%20Scienze%20-%20Trattate/1003934_10201123678466789_1553278464_n-kHRE-U43310471085935Vz-1224x916@Corriere-Web-Nazionale-593x443.jpg?v=20170424164533

• Like 1

Something to consider.

FU

http://images2.corriereobjects.it/methode_image/2017/04/23/Scienze/Foto%20Scienze%20-%20Trattate/1003934_10201123678466789_1553278464_n-kHRE-U43310471085935Vz-1224x916@Corriere-Web-Nazionale-593x443.jpg?v=20170424164533

:( :(

Poor animal!

• Like 2

Something to consider.

FU

Poor animal!

The article states that the hunter had led (tourist) hunts for lions, giraffes, and elephants among others. As far as conservation status goes, lions and giraffes are listed as "vulnerable". Elephants are in a more serious situation. I don't know their EXACT status so I'm not listing it. But they're surely in a worse predicament than the other two big game. In THIS particular case, it at least SEEMS like the hunting was done for sport for the rich and NOT simply a matter of animal preservation and raising money for parks...as it was on that dead hunter's hunting lands which according to the article, "border nature preserves".

• Like 3

Some people are just f*cked in the head.

Scientologists for instance.

And bored people with money whose lives are empty and want some sort of power of life and death over another being. Want to pretend they're big game hunters. Sad, really, when you think how that money could be used for better or more useful things than trophy photos or a stuffed head. If you're going to kill it, for god's sake eat it.

Caged hunting isn't hunting either, it's just patiently shooting until you kill something by accident.

F*ck these people. Put them in an enclosure and let REALLY rich people shoot at them.

"And this is the head of a dentist that I caught in a cage in Texas. He put up a good fight, so it wasn't the cleanest kill, heh heh heh.

Note his teeth; I had them specially lacquered and tinted on account of his being a dentist, as a joke of sorts - gilding the lily so to speak. Now over here is a specimen that I bagged in a country I can't pronounce. I used a machine gun on this one, so the pelt's no good. Shot to hell, you might say. Sorry, where are my manners...Can I interest you in a larks tongue perhaps? Or a wrens bladder?"

• Like 3

And bored people with money whose lives are empty and want some sort of power of life and death over another being. Want to pretend they're big game hunters. Sad, really, when you think how that money could be used for better or more useful things than trophy photos or a stuffed head. If you're going to kill it, for god's sake eat it.

Caged hunting isn't hunting either, it's just patiently shooting until you kill something by accident.

F*ck these people. Put them in an enclosure and let REALLY rich people shoot at them.

"And this is the head of a dentist that I caught in a cage in Texas. He put up a good fight, so it wasn't the cleanest kill, heh heh heh.

Note his teeth; I had them specially lacquered and tinted on account of his being a dentist, as a joke of sorts - gilding the lily so to speak. Now over here is a specimen that I bagged in a country I can't pronounce. I used a machine gun on this one, so the pelt's no good. Shot to hell, you might say. Sorry, where are my manners...Can I interest you in a larks tongue perhaps? Or a wrens bladder?"

So what you're saying is that the next dentist I hunt down, I'll have to eat. Will do! :blaze:

Btw, can I use the vaportrailer big game hunters property that's on the border of the wild dentist nature preserves?

• Like 2

So what you're saying is that the next dentist I hunt down, I'll have to eat. Will do! :blaze:

Btw, can I use the vaportrailer big game hunters property that's on the border of the wild dentist nature preserves?

My cat just LOVES Lark's tongue in aspic.....it's a little expensive, but my Kitty is WORTH IT! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Kitty%20Stuff/cat.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20chef.gif

• Like 1

I only hunt wild reefer, and I make sure I use as much of it as possible. It's the humane thing to do.

• Like 1

One thing that isn't well known because it doesn't grab you by the emotionals, the meat from many of these animals is given to the locals who actually eat it. I'm sure there are people who don't do that and throw away the parts of the animal they don't have mounted, but not all of them.

One thing that isn't well known because it doesn't grab you by the emotionals, the meat from many of these animals is given to the locals who actually eat it. I'm sure there are people who don't do that and throw away the parts of the animal they don't have mounted, but not all of them.

When some guy who is hung like a light switch pays thousands of dollars to shoot and kill a living creature, it SHOULD grab you by the emotionals ..

I remember this post from the WHAT MADE YOU SAD TODAY thread:

Fordgalaxy, on 29 May 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

I got sad when I read about a gorilla being killed in a Cincinnati zoo because some pathetic excuse for a parent or parents weren't paying attention to their 4 year old son and he managed to get into the area where the gorillas reside. One of the larger males grabbed him and the emergency response team thought the child may have been in danger so they shot and killed the gorilla.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

When some guy who is hung like a light switch pays thousands of dollars to shoot and kill a living creature, it SHOULD grab you by the emotionals ..

Of course it should. But then, as adults, we should take pause and consider all aspects of the situation to reach a rational conclusion.
  • Like 1

Something to consider.

FU

Poor animal!

The article states that the hunter had led (tourist) hunts for lions, giraffes, and elephants among others. As far as conservation status goes, lions and giraffes are listed as "vulnerable". Elephants are in a more serious situation. I don't know their EXACT status so I'm not listing it. But they're surely in a worse predicament than the other two big game. In THIS particular case, it at least SEEMS like the hunting was done for sport for the rich and NOT simply a matter of animal preservation and raising money for parks...as it was on that dead hunter's hunting lands which according to the article, "border nature preserves".

Who the hell would shoot a giraffe?

I used to hunt deer and birds, but what is the giraffe about?

• Like 3

Of course it should. But then, as adults, we should take pause and consider all aspects of the situation to reach a rational conclusion.

Where is the rational conclusion here ??

P4240037.jpg

For a human being to make a business out of this and profit by charging tens of thousands of dollars, I stand by my choice of thread titles

• Like 1

If we are going to look at this rationally, I think it could be investigated as a murder

Van Zyl and another hunter leave together with some dogs ... The two hunters separate, with the dogs supposedly going with Van Zyl ..

The other hunter returns, as do Van Zyl's dogs

So the dogs made it back unscathed ( ? )

Something to consider.

FU

Poor animal!

I can imagine some rich prick telling his associates back in his home country that he's going to "The Dark Continent" on safari to hunt big game. I can imagine that same guy enjoying something that big fall to the ground after it's shot...as if he were a powerful force because he could shoot such big game. And then later he can additionally tell his associates, "We gave most of the meat to the indigenous people" in order to appear generous and not wasteful.

Hunting giraffe and especially elephant isn't about controlling animal populations and giving the meat to the local people. Of course it isn't.

• Like 2

Something to consider.

FU

Poor animal!

Seems weird to me. I don't get trophy hunting at all.
  • Like 2

The owner of the Jimmy Johns sandwich chain is a big game hunter.

http://m.snopes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Screenshot-2015-07-31-at-12.48.02-PM.png

Edited by goose