Another Wave of ESPN layoffs about to happen

The sad thing is they don't seem to know why they're losing subscribers. They turned what used to be a network about solid coverage and insider info about X's and O's into sports tmz. They're also the biggest group of band wagoners I've ever seen. A team that falls out of contention this season is all but ignored while if they turn it around next year they are the networks darlings. Pathetic.
  • Like 5

They like to say they are covering Leagues. They are not they are covering PLAYERS.

PLAYERS On successful teams. It all LeBron, they make sure they tell us what Cam Newton wears to his press conference.? WTF?

Sports begins and ends with x's and o's. They basic fabric of sports is being ignored. They want to tell me what music to listen to, what films to go see (This is a result of their being owned by Disney), they are also driving out white viewers.

They overpaid for everything, so now they are trying to drive up ad revenue by going cool and hip...which is not working.

Now if I want Sports news, I go straight to THAT network. MLB...NHL...NFL etc...last year I watched the NFL draft entirely on NFL Network for the first time because I want information. I don't need to see professional announcers talking slang for an entire weekend.

• Like 2

Yeah, they didn't count on so many people switching to streaming and cutting the cable. They paid a huge fortune for different broadcast rights and now don't have the revenue coming in that they thought they would.
  • Like 1

They like to say they are covering Leagues. They are not they are covering PLAYERS.

You know it.

It's 100% The Cult Of Personality.

Build up a star player, get him high on that pedestal. Monitor and broadcast every little thing he says and does - both on and off the field. Milk those ratings for profit.

And then, when the time is right, knock that star player off the pedestal, and kick him all the way down. Monitor and broadcast every bad thing about him. Milk those ratings for profit.

• Like 3

Yeah, they didn't count on so many people switching to streaming and cutting the cable. They paid a huge fortune for different broadcast rights and now don't have the revenue coming in that they thought they would.

The problem is they are the cause of cutting cable in many ways. At one point, one of the main reasons you got cable was to make sure you had ESPN. When they lost their way many realized they didn't need them or the rest.

• Like 2

ESPN along the way stopped showing sports and highlites and began SO MUCH FÜCKING TALKING about sports as to become, literally, unwatchable. Less politics. Less blabbering. More actual sporting events. Even if that means Australian rules football at midnite like the good ole days.

If they boot mike & mike then they can go choke on a musk ox cock. Poetry.

• Like 2

ESPN along the way stopped showing sports and highlites and began SO MUCH FÜCKING TALKING about sports as to become, literally, unwatchable. Less politics. Less blabbering. More actual sporting events. Even if that means Australian rules football at midnite like the good ole days.

I love afl. It might be the perfect sport. Has the constant motion of soccer with lots of scoring and the hitting of hockey all rolled into one. You can watch it for 15 minutes and understand the game. It has an answer for all the weaknesses of soccer, nfl, hockey, and baseball. Surprised it's not bigger.

• Like 1

Greenburg is safe, Golic is a dead man walking. Word is Greenberg is being tagged for more assignments

Expect Booger in the mornings soon...<<Not kidding

You're missing the point Caitlyn is the top story. ;)

You're missing the point Caitlyn is the top story. ;)

* slaps forehead * I totally missed that.

• Like 2

Greenburg is safe, Golic is a dead man walking. Word is Greenberg is being tagged for more assignments

Expect Booger in the mornings soon...<<Not kidding

You mean Stugotz?

Ed Werder, Danny Kannel, Jayson Stark, , Jay Crawford, among 1st firing wave today -

Also entire Hockey staff of John Buccigross, Pierre LeBrun, Scott Burnside and Joe McDonald

Barry Melrose status TBD

Dear Lord please put Stugotz and LeBatard in front of a firing squad. A real one....

No one's making you watch them . . . I avoid Colin Cowherd like the plague.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Ed Werder, Danny Kannel, Jayson Stark, , Jay Crawford, among 1st firing wave today -

Also entire Hockey staff of John Buccigross, Pierre LeBrun, Scott Burnside and Joe McDonald

Barry Melrose status TBD

What exactly is ESPN trying to do?

I mean are they looking to close up shop? Just do it already.

• Like 2

Barry Melrose status TBD

What exactly is ESPN trying to do?

I mean are they looking to close up shop? Just do it already.

ESPN for a long time has spent money like the federal government. There is plenty of fat to trim.

• Like 2