Wawa-yea or nay?

pjbear05

The local fishwrap has been going on about a number of Wawa outlets opening up in South FL, and I noticed one is going up a few miles north of the house. Not a primo location near a freeway, but it looks huuuge.

Anyone been, and how are they, especially the sub sandwiches?

The local fishwrap has been going on about a number of Wawa outlets opening up in South FL, and I noticed one is going up a few miles north of the house. Not a primo location near a freeway, but it looks huuuge.

Anyone been, and how are they, especially the sub sandwiches?

For my friends that live around Philly and Delaware, Wawa is a religion! (There are a few around here, but in central PA we are Sheetz fans. Pretty much the same thing though.)They are like your standard mini Mart, but so much cleaner and nicer. My daughter got through college in Philly living on the Wawa mac and cheese. The subs are pretty good, IMO better than Subway but not as good as a mom and pop neighborhood sub shop, those are always the best. :)

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/10-things-only-people-who-love-wawa-understand

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/reasons-why-wawa-is-gas-station-heaven

Edited by blueschica

Look at this way, There are places you can go get gas and get a sandwich or quesadilla or soup or salad.

And,

There are places you can go get a snadwich or quesadilla or soup or salad that you can get gas.

The latter being a Wawa.

The only hogie I am not a fan of is their cheese steak. The meat is like overcooked stew meat grissle and they don't even offer mushrooms as a side. The cold subs (espcially the chicken salad *the best :finbar: *) are all good. All the hogies, wraps & qeusadilla's are all made to order. Breakfast foods and soups are all very good! Try the Lobster Bisque you won't be sorry! So my vote is a Yea!

I am very happy one opened less than a mile from my home :yay:

Oh also another awesome Wawa factoid it is one of the very few places that offer Non Ethonol fuel which is great for my boat, lawn equipment and emergency generator

that usuay has extended fuel storage times.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory