Never listened to any AIC :outtahere:

• Like 1

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFgAE5SgFnw

:GASP:

The first ten seconds captures my reaction to your post.

:P

Thanks, that really did need rectified.

Know its not an album, being an e.p., but Jar of flies approaches perfection for me.

Its like one big song, beautiful songs on there, though a little depressing.

Nutshell, perhaps one of the saddest songs ever

• Like 2

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

If nothing else, try unplugged. Many consider that one of the best unpkugged ever.

• Like 3

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

If nothing else, try unplugged. Many consider that one of the best unpkugged ever.

I'm one of the many.

Im old enough that i saw it the nite it aired. Me and my friends kinda sat there stunned, it was something for sure

• Like 2

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

I'm one of the many.

Im old enough that i saw it the nite it aired. Me and my friends kinda sat there stunned, it was something for sure

Same here. I already was a fan by then so it was even more special. There was a time when AIC was in my top 3 bands. And it was in those days.

• Like 1

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

I'm one of the many.

Same here. I already was a fan by then so it was even more special. There was a time when AIC was in my top 3 bands. And it was in those days.

To this day, one of my musical regrets was never getting to see them with layne. But such is the way of things.

• Like 1

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

I'm one of the many.

To this day, one of my musical regrets was never getting to see them with layne. But such is the way of things.

Yeah, same here. I never got to see them with Layne or otherwise

Badmotorfinger

Ten

Nevermind

I'm one of the many.

Yeah, same here. I never got to see them with Layne or otherwise

They are worth seeing with the new guy, if they come around. If nothing else, a fun night out

Nevermind is musically overrated.

Ten is excellent, endlessly replayable.

Dirt is good.

Badmotorfinger is Superunknown with more grit.

I think Badmotorfinger is my preference.

• Like 1

Nevermind is musically overrated.

Ten is excellent, endlessly replayable.

Dirt is good.

Badmotorfinger is Superunknown with more grit.

I think Badmotorfinger is my preference.

Nevermind isn't musically overrated. It's beloved for many reasons.

Can't go wrong with any of these albums. Just comes down to personal preference. I prefer dirt but I listen to all of them. Unfortunately the PJ and nirvana albums were overplayed big time which affects some of the opinions I think.
  • Like 2

Dirt, as said i always thought of aic as metal.

Those slower, sludgy songs are most definitely quintessential grunge. There's obvious metal influences in most of the electric material, but those who say they're NOT grunge and ONLY metal - pure wrongness. Fwiw, Nirvana is more punk than AIC is metal. But both deserve to be in this list for their grungy elements.

• Like 2

Grunge doesn't exist.

Yes it does. We can argue the purpose and intention of labels and genres all we want, but they exist. When some one mentions grunge I immediately know what they are talking about.

• Like 5

Grunge doesn't exist.

Yes it does. We can argue the purpose and intention of labels and genres all we want, but they exist. When some one mentions grunge I immediately know what they are talking about.

Same.

Remove labels and finding music to enjoy to your specific needs and wants becomes much harder.

• Like 2

Grunge doesn't exist.

Same.

:yes: The Seattle sound is as recognizable as that of Motown.

Yeah but, to my ears grunge doesn't exist.

Nirvana and Soundgarden sound nothing alike aside from some common production tendencies. I cannot hear the similarities otherwise. And don't get me started on Pearl Jam.

Grunge doesn't exist.

Yeah but, to my ears grunge doesn't exist.

Nirvana and Soundgarden sound nothing alike aside from some common production tendencies. I cannot hear the similarities otherwise. And don't get me started on Pearl Jam.

Grunge doesn't exist.

Is this an example of deconstructionism reasoning? There are no meanings, no objective truths. Only subjective beliefs/opinions?

Anyway, the same can be said for Led Zeppelin and the Who and Cream. All "Classic rock" bands that sound nothing alike. I'd be damned if I find similarities between Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. The Damned and the Clash are entirely different. As are Run DMC and Cypress HIll or De La Soul. King Crimson is distinctly different than Yes. Did I make my point?

Labels and genres more reflect a time or movement or an attitude, so to speak. Grunge refers to a specific time in pop music history. We all know what it is.

• Like 6