The classic pointless Weezer showdown!

Well?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Well??

• Weezer (The Blue Album)
    • Pinkerton

Neither really...both are equally "okay".

Unless I'm on a Weezer marathon and both are bae...but that mindset is rare.

I'm a fan for sure. Prefer the blue album. I was psyched to see them last year and, while they were good, they really were a bit of a letdown following panic at the disco who have a much higher energy show.
  • Like 3

I'm a fan for sure. Prefer the blue album. I was psyched to see them last year and, while they were good, they really were a bit of a letdown following panic at the disco who have a much higher energy show.

I saw that tour. I thought Panic at the Disco was awful.

I saw that tour. I thought Panic at the Disco was awful.

Do you generally like their studio work? I'm not hardcore but I know all their radio songs and I like most if not all of them. Brendan Urie is definitely a talent.

• Like 1

Wow, more popular than I thought it'd be!

I've just gotten Pinkerton, and it took a couple listens but now I'm really not sure which one I like more. The Blue Album was an instant love, but after about two and a half listens I realized how incredible Pinkerton is as well.

That said....I might like The White Album more than both of them. Weezer are back baby! (Except for that latest single, ignore that).

• Like 2

Panic! At The Disco is my younger sister's favorite band. When they went on that tour together last year I thought it'd be a brilliant idea for us to go with our dad. Unfortunately that didn't become a reality, but oh well. I think Queen + AL this year will erase that disappointment from my mind. :D

• Like 1

Pinkerton is the quintessential "lonely horny high schooler" album.

Sounds a bit more collegiate to me, if only for the fratty chorus to El Scorcho, lol.

I do get where you're coming from though.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Pinkerton is the quintessential "lonely horny high schooler" album.

Sounds a bit more collegiate to me, if only for the fratty chorus to El Scorcho, lol.

I do get where you're coming from though.

Yeah, it works well either way. So long as you're a dude who's desperate for something meaningful to spark while in the pursuit of chicks, you're a Pinkerton sort of guy :)

• Like 1

I love their debut, but wonder how and why they're still around.

A consistent stream of generally terrible releases through much of the 2000s which always kept fans and critics guessing how they could do any worse and what I'll-advised surprise they'd place on the next album in attempts to pander to some audience that never existed. More recently followed by an acknowledgement of the awful stream of albums and a promise to return to form, followed by, shockingly, an actual return to form.

After the debut and Pinkerton (and maybe the Green album for history's sake), their latest album is their most essential record.

• Like 2

I have to say The Weezer music is kiddish to me, not mature at all.

Must be why I love it.

• Like 3

I love Weezer. Simple, catchy songs that you can enjoy without having to think too much (remind me AC/DC in that way).

Anyone that doesn't smile while watching this is a sociopath lol.

Island in the sun:

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 3

I have to say The Weezer music is kiddish to me, not mature at all.

Is that what the primary thing you look for in music is, maturity?

There are some "mature" bands that are awful like Creed, Nickelback and most boring hipster bands. I'll take Weezer, Weird Al and Ramones over them any day.

• Like 3