Your top 3 and the weakest song(s) on P/G?

Texas King

Your top 3 and the weakest song(s) on P/G?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Your top 3 songs on P/G?

2. 2. The weakest track(s) on P/G?

• Distant Early Warning
    • Afterimage
    • Red Sector A
    • The Enemy Within
    • The Body Electric
    • Kid Gloves
    • Red Lenses
    • Between the Wheels

I've of the less popular opinion that Kid Gloves is one of their weaker tracks up to that point. Not bad, but sub-par.

Best:

DEW

RSA

BTW

Honorable mentions:

TEW

TBE

Weakest:

Kid Gloves

Red Lenses

Top tracks (tough to pick just three):

1. Distant Early Warning

2. Afterimage

3. Kid Gloves (awesome solo)

Weakest: I've never been a fan of Between the Wheels

Between the Wheels,Afterimage,Red Sector A.This album is in my top three Rush albums.It was marked change for a number of reasons which some love or some hate.For me being a guitarist Alex's solos on these tracks are some of his best and innovative.They are miles away from the Van Halen faster than lightning craze that was happening at the time.BTW just soars.DEW just doesn't do it for me and TBE a silly chorus.
  • Like 1

Distant Early Warning

The Enemy Within (the best song on the album by miles)

The Body Electric

Kid Gloves. The opening sort of signaled to me it wasn't really going to be a particularly well-crafted track.

Red Sector A is, IMO, the most "overrated" track on this album, to the extent any song on here is. I've never liked it. but it always made the live set somehow.

My fav on the album is "The Enemy Within", with "Red Sector A" and "Between The Wheels" right behind.

Controversially my least favorite is "Distant Early Warning" which I hate for the same reasons I hate "New World Man", as in, not really having any solid melody and just trying to imitate the Police. I'm fine with "Red Lenses", it's an interesting "mysterious" tune that reminds me a bit of "Mystic Rhythms" and in a good way.

Edited by Eel Yddeg

I LOVE p/g and the only track I have an issue with is Enemy Within because it sounds like the same song as Body Electric just weaker.

I do enjoy Red Lenses quite a lot.

Are you sure you are not just letting the videos confuse you? I mean there is absolutely no reggae style guitar in The Body Electric, just for starters.

I am fairly irritated that they used some of the same scenes and aesthetic to make a video for The Enemy Within, because I feel it weakens and cheapens the impact of The Body Electric video. The Body Electric was the single. It should have gotten its own unique video. I get that The Enemy Within was always going to be the more popular song with the fanbase, but there was no reason to create this mashup video with stolen scenes. The spinning video ball makes no sense for The Enemy Within. I also think this move robbed us of getting the video for The Body Electric officially released on the Chronicles DVD. The one that should have been omitted was The Enemy Within because that was the one thrown together stupidly. I don't give a shit who thinks which song is better. I love them both, but one was a single that has a video that tells a story that correlates to the song. The other should have never had a video, or at least not that video.

I think DEW is the most known song from P/G among the general public.

Not a particularly risky statement there. You'd be hard pressed to find many people who've ever thought different. ;)

TOP 3:

Distant Early Warning

Between the Wheels

The Enemy Within

Red Lenses and The Body Electric are the reason why p/g is my least favorite synth-era album.

Top 3:

Distant early warning.

Kid Gloves.

The Enemy within.

Bottom 3:

The body electric.

Red lenses

Between the wheels

Red Lenses isn't good either.

"I see red

And it hurts my head".

Really Geddy? This woeful song is hurting my ears.

Top 3-

Between the Wheels

Distant Early Warning

Red Lenses :o

Controversial, I know, but as Rick N. Backer said, I love the bass and it's fun. I really like the groove.

Bottom-

Kid Gloves

Even that's OK. There nothing on this album that I dislike.

The Body Electric used to be one I didn't rate too highly, but seeing them play it live on the Clockwork Angels tour changed my mind.

Yo me, The Body Electric is a great example of one of those RUSH songs based on a really stupid idea that they somehow make work. That's part of the band's charm for me.
  • Like 1