How does Classic Rock Radio look in your country?

Texas King

Wow, haven't regularly given classic rock radio a listen in many years. In fact, if it happens to be on and i'm able to, I will change the station or turn it off. Got too burned out on many great tunes because of it.

I even thought 25-30 years ago when I was first getting into music and listening to radio all the time that they were overplaying a lot of stuff. I'm guessing now it's still the same old rotation of staples from bands Stones, Zeppelin, Floyd, ZZ Top, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc.

I just wonder what age does something have to reach to make the classic rock radio playlist? Stuff from the early 90s will be reaching 30 years soon. So shouldn't that be considered classic as well?

If I'm listening to radio and if I'm listening to music I go with modern rock or alt rock but I do occasionally flip over to classic. It's all the stuff it ever was and stuff from the 80s and 90s added in as well

Are we talking terrestrial radio ?

Q-104 in NYC is not too bad but it's the only game int town.

• Breakfast with the Beatles on Sunday.
  • Get the Led out on Tuesday.
  • Two for Tuesday.
  • ... and other corny themes. Hey, they are trying.

In the car I listen to satellite radio and the classic rock stations are awesome !!! but in the shower, Q-104.

You'll never find this music on terrestrial radio.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/IMG_1408_zpsn8rybu4q.jpg

• Like 1

I almost never listen to fm anymore. Sometimes sirius though and thats pretty good. I been listening to alot of my bootlegs lately while driving

My local Classic Rock station overplays the normal crap, but a few times a week Alice Cooper DJ's at night. He always plays a good mix and will pull some rare stuff out sometimes.

I have an auto repair shop, and to keep some sort of semblance of peace, we rotate the music that we listen to ..

One of the mechanics likes to listen to WDHA, which is a classic rock station .. It is neither enjoyable or inspiring to hear the same, safe songs over and over, with the occasional newer crap ( like Nickelback ) tossed in ..

If I never had to hear Tom Petty whine through "I Won't Back Down" again, I'd be a happy camper

I think certain artists are better experienced through listening to the entire album

That is, allowing the flow of each song to bring the listener to the next song on that same album ... For me, that is the best way to listen to classic rock ... I have more of an appreciation and get more enjoyment from the album experience than I do the song experience ( .. not sure if that makes any sense )

• Like 1

Reno has KOZZ, which plays all the standard classic rock stuff. They actually play a lot of RUSH. But I only listen to it in the car if I'm channel surfing and they happen to be playing RUSH or VH. Same with the Eagle, another classic rock station.

If I'm hanging in the back garden or working in the garage I'll put on the X. It's an interesting station...

• Halfway ThereSheryl Crow
  • 5:56 amGood Planets Are Hard To FindSteve Forbert
  • 5:50 amCastle On the HillEd Sheeran
  • 5:47 amSpirits in the Material WorldThe Police
  • 5:44 ampatriciaRy Cooder
  • 5:39 amHookBlues Traveler
  • 5:35 amBelieverImagine Dragons
  • 5:29 amTiny DancerElton John
  • 5:25 amMess Is MineVance Joy
  • 5:16 amNo Woman No CryBob Marley
  • 5:12 amI Will Possess Your HeartDeath Cab for Cutie

http://www.myradiox.com/

I only acknowledge heavy metal stations!

I don't think there are any metal stations around on regular radio these days. Satellite radio has some decent metal though.

That's all I'd listen to! I've never been a radio listener though anyway, apart from the BBC Friday Rock Show in the 70's and 80's. Why does anyone need radio anyway if they've got zillions of albums??

• Like 2

Why does anyone need radio anyway if they've got zillions of albums??

:goodone: :cheers: ^ This.

I've always been more of a full-album experience kind of guy.

• Like 2

I've always been a full album experience person as well. Radio was good in my younger years because it helped introduce me to a lot of bands. The same with MTV back in the day. But with the internet now, I don't see how regular old radio is even still around.

I haven't listened to radio in about 9 years, but typically it's all the usual staples, including huge blocks of Zeppelin daily. In 47 years I have never lived in a city that didn't have a LZ Fix At Six, Drive At Five or some other cute name. Get The Led Out, etc. I LOVE Zeppelin, but there isn't a single Zep song I haven't heard in the radio several times....let alone the popular ones, which probably number in the hundreds at this point.