LUCAS thinks Marlon Brando was a terrible actor with no talent whatsover, is he right?

treeduck

Do you rate Marlon Brando as an actor?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Was Marlon Brando a good actor, a great actor or a bad actor?

• Brando is the greatest actor of all time
    • Brando was average, he got lucky
    • Brando was the best of his generation
    • Brando was the best American actor in the 50's-70's
    • This is Lucas here and let me tell you, Brando absolutely f***ing sucked, ok? That is all you need you f***ing RUSH pansies!
    • Brando was a solid actor but nothing more
    • Brando was a talentless hack who was in the right place at the right time
    • Brando was good but I have no real opinion beyond that
    • Never heard of him
    • I've never seen any of his films
    • Brando's reputation is based on a few good early performances after that he became a laughing stock
    • I have no opinion on this whatsoever
    • Brando was good but he squandered his talent so it's hard to gauge just how good he was
    • Brando was just a poser who used certain attributes to create a legend that is hollow
    • Brando is dead and that's all that really matters now

It only just occurred to me while thinking about this that the only thing I've seen him in is Superman. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Lucas thinks KISS is a great band and listens to Hyuna and yet thinks modern US pop is rubbish.

Go figure.

• Like 1

Lucas thinks KISS is a great band and listens to Hyuna and yet thinks modern US pop is rubbish.

Go figure.

KISS is a great band.

Most modern pop is trash.

:P

• Like 1

Go figure.

KISS is a great band.

Most modern pop is trash.

:P

Ok listen to Hyuna and try and convince me it's better than Adele or even Katy Perry lmao

"Overrated" is being kind

@ :30, all we are missing is direct eye contact with the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92xV2vA_3zE

I thought you were Segue Myles for a minute!

We are both all kinds of fantasmic so it's understandable.

• Like 1

I voted great talent that squandered it. If you've never watched "A Streetcar Named Desire" or "On The Waterfront"- he is excellent in those and they are really good movies. After he became famous, he didn't always make the best choice of parts or often phoned in his performance.

Marlon Brando raped Maria Schneider in the movie.

I strongly disagree an "actor" who did this earns a great social and professional position as "talented star". ;)

Right, exactly!

• Like 1

Thinking Brando was

A bad actor is like thinking Orson Wells was a bad director just because he was drunk in some wine commercials.

Sometimes Lucas really misses the mark...

Thinking Brando was

A bad actor is like thinking Orson Wells was a bad director just because he was drunk in some wine commercials.

Thinking Marlon Brando is a bad actor is simply thinking he's a bad actor .. Trying to bring analogies into this involving a other artists is irrelevant ..

Sorry ( not really ) to those who are butt-hurt because they like Brando, but perhaps you should broaden your movie watching and not simply be swept up in the Hollywood hype machine

Thinking Brando was

Thinking Marlon Brando is a bad actor is simply thinking he's a bad actor .. Trying to bring analogies into this involving a other artists is irrelevant ..

Sorry ( not really ) to those who are butt-hurt because they like Brando, but perhaps you should broaden your movie watching and not simply be swept up in the Hollywood hype machine

But you have broadened your tastes and you still hype up all shades of shite

It only just occurred to me while thinking about this that the only thing I've seen him in is Superman. :outtahere:

What ever you do, don't watch The Island of Doctor Moreau because it's total crap!

The best Brando line in there is when Val Kilmer's character mockingly imitates Brando's character. And it's only about a 3 second line!

:LOL:

• Like 1

What ever you do, don't watch The Island of Doctor Moreau because it's total crap!

The best Brando line in there is when Val Kilmer's character mockingly imitates Brando's character. And it's only about a 3 second line!

:LOL:

There's a pretty interesting documentary about the making of that movie called Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley’s Island of Dr. Moreau. It makes Brando look nuttier than usual and Kilmer comes across as a complete shithead. :LOL:

• Like 1

Thinking Brando was

But you have broadened your tastes and you still hype up all shades of shite

That is definitely true ... Except that I don't think I "hype" anything, I simply enjoy it

The "hype" comes from those who place more importance on Lucas' opinion than their own, if they even have one

• Like 1