An eventful day.

IwillchooseFreeWill

As an introduction to this partly pity party, I should admit that last Saturday I fell in my kitchen and broke my left arm. Fractured the humerus in two places. This was extremely painful and due to other medical issues I was forced to call the EMTs to scrape me off the floor and take me to hospital. I spent 2 days there before they would let me go home with my arm in a sling. One of the other medical issues is that I have really crappy balance and losing one arm doesn't help that. My ex is arriving from the US tomorrow and I had a load of groceries delivered today. When the delivery guy came, the blankety-blank cat decided to make a break for it. I went into the driveway to head her off and promptly fell again, causing another call to the ambos (what we call EMTs here), who got me up again. Groceries got delivered, my next door neighbor helped put them away and look for the cat. The cat remained in hiding for 3+ hours while I panicked. She's a Burmese of very little sense. All up, by 10PM everything was back in it's place and I'm exhausted. Nothing is ever simple it seems.

As an introduction to this partly pity party, I should admit that last Saturday I fell in my kitchen and broke my left arm. Fractured the humerus in two places. This was extremely painful and due to other medical issues I was forced to call the EMTs to scrape me off the floor and take me to hospital. I spent 2 days there before they would let me go home with my arm in a sling. One of the other medical issues is that I have really crappy balance and losing one arm doesn't help that. My ex is arriving from the US tomorrow and I had a load of groceries delivered today. When the delivery guy came, the blankety-blank cat decided to make a break for it. I went into the driveway to head her off and promptly fell again, causing another call to the ambos (what we call EMTs here), who got me up again. Groceries got delivered, my next door neighbor helped put them away and look for the cat. The cat remained in hiding for 3+ hours while I panicked. She's a Burmese of very little sense. All up, by 10PM everything was back in it's place and I'm exhausted. Nothing is ever simple it seems.

Hang in there IWCFW

Are you still receiving the IVIG ?? ..

• Like 1

You poor thing! Hope you have a swift recovery!!!!!
  • Like 1

IVIG for at least another 4 months. Wouldn't be surprised if it got extended. Glad I'm not in the US where it costs a lot more than nothing which what our health system manages
  • Like 2

Ouch! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, with no further misadventures for anyone, cat included! :hug2:

• Like 1

WOW. Sad to hear this happened, Friend! Busy day indeed!

What kind of groceries did you get?

Why are there so many people on this site who practice being RUDE to other people? Ya see, Mavy, I can't believe you asked the question itself. What business is it of yours what groceries she purchased? Not to mention the disregard of the subject's story itself. Wow.

Ice cream, eggs, OJ, yoghurt, cat food (of course), grapes, bananas, Turkish sandwiches, etc.

Gracious as you've been, to answer this rude question, I would not have answered it myself....

Hang in there IWCFW

Are you still receiving the IVIG ?? ..

IVIG for at least another 4 months. Wouldn't be surprised if it got extended. Glad I'm not in the US where it costs a lot more than nothing which what our health system manages

Didn't know you were on IVIG also! Bless you, dear! Hope you recover well and as quickly as possible! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/LOVE/hugBEAR.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/cupid%20banana.gif

Hope all is well. I love how the first comment expressed no concern, just curiosity about groceries. Wtf?

Exactly my response. WTF?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20doubtful.gif