Jump to content


Record Store Day April 22


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 76030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 21 April 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 April 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 21 April 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 April 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 21 April 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 21 April 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 21 April 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 21 April 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Segue and Zumbi, there are a couple of claws, with your names on them, aimed at your butts.......!   :P

This is not the Last one who post wins-thread. So wrong thread to write this. I do not find it funny when he is being a totally asshole like that as soon as I make a thread or write something and trying to be funny when he is not. He is just being a real idiot.
Did you read his posts that followed?
I thought they were having an argument - it was a lighthearted way of getting them to behave themselves. Next time I'll not bother.
Sorry but you misunderstood me. I was referring to Zumbi. Segue already explained himself AND apologized.

I give up lol

:lol:

I tried to back you up but I give up too!

:lol:

Let's give it up and go talk movies haha

:P

Sponsored Post

#22 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7340 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Just phoned with my local record store. I can pick up my copy tomorrow. :dweez:

#23 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 17838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 April 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Just phoned with my local record store. I can pick up my copy tomorrow. :dweez:

The Cygnus X-1?

#24 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7340 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostYYZumbi, on 21 April 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 April 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Just phoned with my local record store. I can pick up my copy tomorrow. :dweez:

The Cygnus X-1?
Yep! :)

#25 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

    Vapor Trail

  • Members *
  • 17838 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sweden
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 April 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 21 April 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 April 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Just phoned with my local record store. I can pick up my copy tomorrow. :dweez:

The Cygnus X-1?
Yep! :)

Awesome! :)

#26 canadianice

canadianice

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2476 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.

#27 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3455 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

A lot of waiting in line today, but it was a fun time. Mission successful.

#28 canadianice

canadianice

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2476 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.
  It is up on Ebay now.

#29 GotNeilPeart?

GotNeilPeart?

    The Dream Police

  • Members
  • 28899 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 21 April 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

View PostBabycat, on 21 April 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Segue and Zumbi, there are a couple of claws, with your names on them, aimed at your butts.......!   :P

This is not the Last one who post wins-thread. So wrong thread to write this. I do not find it funny when he is being a totally asshole like that as soon as I make a thread or write something and trying to be funny when he is not. He is just being a real idiot.

Your one to talk

#30 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 29790 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Placebo
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Brand New
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    The Doors
    Kansas

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

 GotNeilPeart?, on 22 April 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

 YYZumbi, on 21 April 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

 Babycat, on 21 April 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

Segue and Zumbi, there are a couple of claws, with your names on them, aimed at your butts.......!   :P

This is not the Last one who post wins-thread. So wrong thread to write this. I do not find it funny when he is being a totally asshole like that as soon as I make a thread or write something and trying to be funny when he is not. He is just being a real idiot.

Your one to talk

Agreed sweetie but don't you worry yourself.

#31 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3455 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 22 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.
  It is up on Ebay now.


Not for less than MSRP it isn't.......

#32 canadianice

canadianice

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2476 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Stoney Creek, Ontario

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

View Postytserush, on 22 April 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 22 April 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.
  It is up on Ebay now.


Not for less than MSRP it isn't.......
Of coarse not.

#33 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 15217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

I went to Rhino Records in Claremont,CA where I grew up.  I got the two album set of My Generation sand Magic Bus by The Who and After The Gold Rush by Neil Young.

The gift bag has a cool font for the Rhino logo in the style of Yes.

#34 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2527 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

View Postcanadianice, on 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.

The first and last time I went to one of these, there were people in line and when the doors opened, they scrambled in and it was like several dogs trying to get to the same bowl of food. By the time I got home, there were already some of the records on ebay. Too many people don't really care about the music but sure do hope to make a few bucks. Frok that.

#35 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 26993 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Translation
  • Interests:Mind Control

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 23 April 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 21 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

It will soon be on Ebay, for double the price.

The first and last time I went to one of these, there were people in line and when the doors opened, they scrambled in and it was like several dogs trying to get to the same bowl of food. By the time I got home, there were already some of the records on ebay. Too many people don't really care about the music but sure do hope to make a few bucks. Frok that.

Unsurprising and pathetic at the same time

#36 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

    Hail the mighty Lag!

  • Members *
  • 10634 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your colon
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

I picked up:
The Centennial Collection 3lp - Robert Johnson
Function Underground - The Black & Brown American Rock Sound 1969-1974
ELP - Brain Salad Surgery 7"
Yes - 90125 picture disc
Toto - Africa - shaped picture disc


Lots of non RSD stuff reduced in price as well, so really broke the bank....


#37 Leanne

Leanne

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 860 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oklahoma

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

I went out of town Thursday and got back Saturday afternoon and wasn't able to make it to any of the record stores.

I really want Def Leppard E.P. and Pearl Jam State of Love and Trust single.  Now I'm on Ebay. Some of those auctions go for a week and maybe it will be easier to bid and watch and maybe win an item that ends in a week.  I can hold off on Pearl Jam single but I really want that E.P.!  I thought about calling the record stores but they probably sold all of them yesterday.

EDIT:  Got the Def Lep E.P.!  Paid a little bit more than I wanted to but it's worth it! Might try and look for Cygnus X-1 too

Edited by Leanne, 23 April 2017 - 03:28 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users