"The Firm" and "The Law"

YYZumbi

The Firm and The Law is 2 band that I think not many know about, and I think they deserve more.

Paul Rodgers was the singer in both bands.

The Firm released 2 albums in the mid 80s. And had some really good band members. It was Paul Rodgers (Free and Bad Company) on vocals, Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) on guitar, Chris Slade (Manfred Mann´s Earth Band and Uriah Heep) as drummer, and Tony Franklin (unknown to me) as bass player. They only made 2 albums and only did one tour. But the 2 albums they made are really great! If you like Paul Rodgers, you should listen to these 2 unknown albums for sure!

The Law is another Paul Rodgers band, that I think is kinda unknown. And they only released one album in 1991, and only did one concert! There is a second album out there with outtakes, released as a bootleg, but after searching for it for years, I have not find it yet. The members in this band was Paul Rodgers on vocals, drummer Kenney Jones (The Who), guitarist Jim Barber (unknown to me), second guitarist John Staehely (unknown to me) and bassist Pino Palladino (unknown to me). They also had a few guests guitarists such as David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Bryan Adams and Chris Rea (unknown to me). This album is great!

The Firm video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJmVDoY904

The Law video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPAyAOGTAu0

I recommend both these bands. You can thank me later!

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 3

Lol, I've actually heard of both of them and I have The Law's album. I've never taken the time to listen to it though.

Lol, I've actually heard of both of them and I have The Law's album. I've never taken the time to listen to it though.

You should. Its a brilliant album!

The Firm was a big deal when they first came out, and Radioactive was, indeed, very active on the radio. They had another minor hit with Satisfaction Guaranteed. They also did a horrendous cover of You've Lost That Loving Feeling. The bass player was all wrong for a combination of Rodgers and Page. Their second album had one song that got some All The King's Horses, but it bombed. Listen to them both on YouTube once and that's plenty.

• Like 2

The Firm's debut album is lousy.

How can you say that? :o

The talent involved failed.

It's not terrible, but certainly falls short of what could have been. I agree with an earlier post that the choice for bass player was a bad one.

Those are awful songs

:LOL:

I dig Radioactive.

Lasted a minute haha

Those are awful songs

I dig Radioactive.

Lasted a minute haha

They're running ads on sports talk radio around here that say they're studying a drug now that is supposed to help with that. I think you'd have to be in the Boston area to participate though. ;)

• Like 1

Those are awful songs

I dig Radioactive.

Lasted a minute haha

They're running ads on sports talk radio around here that say they're studying a drug now that is supposed to help with that. I think you'd have to be in the Boston area to participate though. ;)

I last a minute at six intense thrusts a second

Those are awful songs

I dig Radioactive.

Lasted a minute haha

I feel sorry for the guy.
  • Like 2

Those are awful songs

I dig Radioactive.

Lasted a minute haha

That must be murder on your lower back.

I remember The Firm and they were kind of a big deal at the time. I still have both of their albums and I really like "Radioactive", "Satisfaction Guaranteed" "All the Kings Horses" with the last 2 (esp. "All the Kings Horses") being my favorites. Been a while since I played them however.

I think I still have the one album from "The Law" but its been ages - heck probably a decade or 2, since I listened to it.

I will have to dig out all 3 and give them another listen. Thanks for brining them up. Some good memories there.

• Like 3