Snakes & Arrows Live vs Time Machine

YYZumbi

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 2 live albums do you like the most?

• Snakes & Arrows Live
    • Time Machine

Even tho I was on the Time Machine Tour (it was my first Rush concert as well), I must say I like the Snakes & Arrows Live album more. It just got a better setlist, and more power-feeling. And they play some great songs such as Circumstances, Entre Nous, Natural Science, Secret Touch and A Passage To Bangkok! And I also really enjoy the Snakes & Arrows songs.

So Snakes & Arrows Live gets my vote!

• Like 3

I prefer Snakes & Arrows. Better setlist overall, and much better vocals, although they play at a slightly slower pace on this one, that's my one gripe.

I kinda like that they play at a slower pace. Makes some of the songs better in my opinion.

I prefer Snakes & Arrows. Better setlist overall, and much better vocals, although they play at a slightly slower pace on this one, that's my one gripe.

I kinda like that they play at a slower pace. Makes some of the songs better in my opinion.

I can see why you'd prefer that for some of them. But, take for example...Natural Science. That version compared to the Test For Echo live version, which I imagine you've seen, I think there is only one winner.

• Like 2

I can see why you'd prefer that for some of them. But, take for example...Natural Science. That version compared to the Test For Echo live version, which I imagine you've seen, I think there is only one winner.

I have seen the Test For Echo live version, yes. But I must say I prefer the Snakes Live version....

I voted Snakes & Arrows Live because it has more songs from the best album RUSH released in this millennium, Snakes & Arrows. Time Machine has Faithless, Presto, Caravan, & BU2B, which are all good, but I'm not into them playing the entire Moving Pictures album in the middle of the set. The Camera Eye, in particular is just a waste of space. Also, I feel a little bitter about it since, I did actually love Caravan, & BU2B the moment I heard them and therefor expected an album on par with Snakes & Arrows to be delivered in a year's time. I was massively disappointed with Clockwork Angels which I consider the worst album RUSH has released since the 70s. Edited by diatribein

Snakes, mainly because of the vocals. Best live video release they've done. They actually put some effort into making it, with the intro and extras.

I voted Snakes & Arrows Live because it has more songs from the best album RUSH released in this millennium, Snakes & Arrows. Time Machine has Faithless, Presto, Caravan, & BU2B, which are all good, but I'm not into them playing the entire Moving Pictures album in the middle of the set. The Camera Eye, in particular is just a waste of space. Also, I feel a little bitter about it since, I did actually love Caravan, & BU2B the moment I heard them and therefor expected an album on par with Snakes & Arrows to be delivered in a year's time. I was massively disappointed with Clockwork Angels which I consider the worst album RUSH has released since the 70s.

The Camera Eye a waste of space? Why, I NEVER.... :wtf:
  • Like 1

I voted Snakes & Arrows Live because it has more songs from the best album RUSH released in this millennium, Snakes & Arrows. Time Machine has Faithless, Presto, Caravan, & BU2B, which are all good, but I'm not into them playing the entire Moving Pictures album in the middle of the set. The Camera Eye, in particular is just a waste of space. Also, I feel a little bitter about it since, I did actually love Caravan, & BU2B the moment I heard them and therefor expected an album on par with Snakes & Arrows to be delivered in a year's time. I was massively disappointed with Clockwork Angels which I consider the worst album RUSH has released since the 70s.

I..I can't understand these words.

• Like 1

I..I can't understand these words.

I feel like they are all actual English words.

I really enjoy a lot of the Snakes set list. Time Machine was my first Rush show since the Grace Under Pressure tour. But the set list was a little too heavy on the PoW - T4E period. Part of the reason I left the band was that material. So Snakes for me.

Tough one. Ged's voice was a little better on the 07-08 tour than Time Machine. Both setlists were different.

Snakes had Ghost of a Chance and Mission. Both revived from the vault, which made me happy.

Time Machine had Stick it Out and Leave That Thing Alone which were played really well, and it also had Presto.

Seriously can't decide.

S&A Live by far. Better set list, better video screen stuff (Alex at his best and most funny!), better vocals and just a better overall performance. Honestly, this was the last DVD where I can tolerate most of Geddy's live vocals.
  • Like 1

S&A Live by far. Better set list, better video screen stuff (Alex at his best and most funny!), better vocals and just a better overall performance. Honestly, this was the last DVD where I can tolerate most of Geddy's live vocals.

Yes unfortunately Geddy's vocals are painful on later releases but i try to ignore it but its hard when you can visually see him straining to hit the high notes

Geddy's voice on TM was pretty bad and Alex looked older sweatier and fatter than normal. Not sure if it was the lighting or what.

:LOL:

I would agree with most here, and say that Snakes is overall better than TM.

Only advantage I would give TM is that the stage production was more elaborate / had more going on, which I like. But the vocals are not the greatest, and I do prefer the sound production of S&A as well.