Google songs. You Do It?

JohnRogers

Ever been riding in the car and hear a cool old jam from back in the day? Then go home and Google it? I do sometimes and learn cool Tai Shan aboot songs. Yeah most of it trivial but interesting.

Today I Googled Athena by The Who. Did you know Pete wrote it aboot the American actress Theresa Russel after she rebuffed his romantic gestures. Roger didn't like changes made to the song.

What do you Google???

• Like 4

I haven't used Google since 2012.

Well, the maps I use. Google Maps and Google Earth are my friends. But none of the rest of it.

Google "Royal Thunder" and try some songs. I think you'd love them!

Burning Trees or April Showers are good starting points...

• Like 2

What do you Google???

everyone here on the forum

Cute

• Like 1

Well, the maps I use. Google Maps and Google Earth are my friends. But none of the rest of it.

Well, I can do a search on the internet for them. But I won't be using Google.

It's curious how 'Google', the verb, has entered the vernacular. To me, it's just a company.

Anyway, enough of my nonsense...okay, I'll look for it!

• Like 1

It's curious how 'Google', the verb, has entered the vernacular. To me, it's just a company.

Google is the most popular search engine in the world. Plus you've got gmail, google play and whatever else they've got their name in. So, it should be no surprise that the word has entered the popular vernacular. What search engine do you use and what do you have against using google?

As for Mr. Rogers question, yes, i've been doing that with songs/bands when I hear them for many years now.

Google is the most popular search engine in the world. Plus you've got gmail, google play and whatever else they've got their name in. So, it should be no surprise that the word has entered the popular vernacular. What search engine do you use and what do you have against using google?

As for Mr. Rogers question, yes, i've been doing that with songs/bands when I hear them for many years now.

When one company changes its privacy policy and it makes national headlines...I smell something fishy, that's all. That's what happened, five years ago, and I stopped right there.

Yes, I'm aware of how omnipresent Google is. But the interwebs are certainly navigable without it.

• Like 1

I mostly do that to find out the lyrics, especially if I've misheard them.

You can also google song lyrics if you don't know the band and song and found out the band name and title. I've done that many times.

Edited by J2112YYZ

When one company changes its privacy policy and it makes national headlines...I smell something fishy, that's all. That's what happened, five years ago, and I stopped right there.

Yes, I'm aware of how omnipresent Google is. But the interwebs are certainly navigable without it.

Bing and Ask Jeeves are also acceptable if you approve of their privacy policies.

You a Bing guy?

Bing and Ask Jeeves are also acceptable if you approve of their privacy policies.

You could use ecosia.org which I think is based off of Bing. I use it occasionally and I think the idea behind it is pretty cool.

Edited by LittleRushmonkey

You a Bing guy?

Nah, Frank Sinatra all the way.

• Like 3

Believe it or not I have a bit of a reputation for knowing old songs and who recorded them. Generally I have knowledge of alot of useless information in other words. I use Google when a song is driving me nuts and I can't recall who did it. I was taught recently to use Shazam to do the same thing. It's mostly popular songs from the 70's and 80's.I have to know...
  • Like 1

I mostly do that to find out the lyrics, especially if I've misheard them.

You can also google song lyrics if you don't know the band and song and found out the band name and title. I've done that many times.

Me too.

DuckDuckGo is much better for privacy. As for looking up songs, I usually do that for ones I hear on commercials. It's almost like some bands write songs knowing they'll end up in a commercial.

• Like 2

DuckDuckGo is much better for privacy. As for looking up songs, I usually do that for ones I hear on commercials. It's almost like some bands write songs knowing they'll end up in a commercial.

Their forced AMP pages on mobile are quite annoying