Shia LaBeouf film sells one ticket in UK

JohnnyBlaze

Shia LaBeouf   

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of his acting ability?

• He's the absolute worst!
    • I'm not sure if he's the worst but he's high on the list.
    • He's just one of many bad film actors around. Forgettable.
    • He's not THAT bad. Fairly average IMHO.
    • Actually, I like him. Above average actor that gets a bad rap.
    • He's a great actor. I don't see why he's so universally hated.
    • He's the best around!
    • I don't know this actor.
    • ((Other))

Relatively speaking, he's actually one of the better actors out of Hollywood these days

Right when you started to convince me and made sense with Vincent Gallo, you go and start with this crazy talk. :P

Shia is like the adult version of that annoying Anakin brat from Phantom Menace.

Labeouf is a shit actor

He just has a lot of competition

Who would crack your top 5 of current shit actors?

• Like 1

Relatively speaking, he's actually one of the better actors out of Hollywood these days

Right when you started to convince me and made sense with Vincent Gallo, you go and start with this crazy talk. :P

Shia is like the adult version of that annoying Anakin brat from Phantom Menace.

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Either way, that's a big list

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Limit it to 5 currently working actors.

I know you want to put Paul Newman on there but he's dead.

Robert Redford, however, isn't safe from your clutches.

:LOL:

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Off the top of my head

- Nicholas Cage

- Will Smith

- Take your pick of Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson or Bruce Willis

- Ryan Gosling

- Russell Crowe

It's taking me a while because I hesitate to leave about a dozen off this list

So, who was the jackass who bought the only ticket?

I dont know much about this actor. But he has a stupid name thats for sure

• Like 3

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Off the top of my head

- Nicholas Cage

- Will Smith

- Ryan Gosling

- Russell Crowe

I'd say just pick any 4 from the main cast of the Fast & Furious shit ((2 actors of which are already on your list!!) THEN add Shia!

My heart tells me to save a spot for Will Smith though.

• Like 1

So, who was the jackass who bought the only ticket?

I dont know much about this actor. But he has a stupid name thats for sure

Here's a shot from the front of the theater that night

http://media.giphy.com/media/7rj2ZgttvgomY/giphy.gif

I read some article which stated Shia was INSISTING on performing all of his sex scenes in Nyphomaniac for real. That might not show how terrible of an actor he is but i do think it shows how much of a douchebag he is :LOL:

• Like 1

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Off the top of my head

- Nicholas Cage

- Will Smith

- Ryan Gosling

- Russell Crowe

The Nice Guys was hilarious and awesome.

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Off the top of my head

- Nicholas Cage

- Will Smith

- Ryan Gosling

- Russell Crowe

Will Smith would have put it over the top

• Like 1

He was fine in I, Robot. Love that film and he wasn't in it for long (and got punched by a robot if I remember correctly).

A total abortion of a film, it was a base insult to Isaac Asimovs towering masterpiece.

Total shit.

It's my favourite science fiction movie and I don't care about the book. Read it once, alongside the Foundation trilogy, and never again.

Not sure how it's total shit. Anytime a classic book is made into a film there's going to be a comparison between the two. I loved Heinlein's starship troopers book but thought the movie was a bit campy and missed some of the points of the book. Still enjoyed it but I have my criticisms. I, Robot was a much worse film vs book than that.

I obviously disagree.

Labeouf is a shit actor

Current or all time ??

Off the top of my head

- Nicholas Cage

- Will Smith

- Ryan Gosling

- Russell Crowe

Will Smith would have put it over the top

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13277780_494553500751094_1510560786_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI2NTEwNjI1NTA0NzA4ODc5OQ%3D%3D.2

• Like 1

He was fine in I, Robot. Love that film and he wasn't in it for long (and got punched by a robot if I remember correctly).

A total abortion of a film, it was a base insult to Isaac Asimovs towering masterpiece.

Total shit.

It's my favourite science fiction movie and I don't care about the book. Read it once, alongside the Foundation trilogy, and never again.

Wow, dismissive much?

The film bears no resemblance to the novel, and having Will Smith in it is a major downer for me...I was surpised at the films approach to it due to the "hard science" nature of Asimovs work.

Total shit.

Wow, dismissive much?

The film bears no resemblance to the novel, and having Will Smith in it is a major downer for me...I was surpised at the films approach to it due to the "hard science" nature of Asimovs work.

You know I actually agree now that I've slept and woken up less of a douchebag. It bears no resemblence to the novel, I agree. And for me that's fine as I'm not a fan of the book.

I have a similar issue with every adaptation of The war of the worlds. Aside from Jeff Waynes.

I heard about that a week or two ago, yeah.

Regarding the poll, I don't think he's an especially bad actor. Not great, but not bad.

He seems to make more headlines because of the dumb things he does when he's drunk, and based on what I've been able to glean from those stories, I think it's likely that he has some chemical dependency issues, and that's really a shame. I'd really like to see him pull himself out of that.

He suffers from CAD. (childhood actor's disease) He has a hard time identifying with the concept of normalcy. Many other actors suffer from this as well. Some of them, like Drew Barrymore, managed to turn it around. Shia hasn't done that yet.

I don't like his acting at all. I find him obnoxious and when you hear about his off-screen shinanigans, it makes it really hard to watch a movie with him in it.

• Like 1

Regarding the poll, I don't think he's an especially bad actor. Not great, but not bad.

He seems to make more headlines because of the dumb things he does when he's drunk, and based on what I've been able to glean from those stories, I think it's likely that he has some chemical dependency issues, and that's really a shame. I'd really like to see him pull himself out of that.

He suffers from CAD. (childhood actor's disease) He has a hard time identifying with the concept of normalcy. Many other actors suffer from this as well. Some of them, like Drew Barrymore, managed to turn it around. Shia hasn't done that yet.

I don't like his acting at all. I find him obnoxious and when you hear about his off-screen shinanigans, it makes it really hard to watch a movie with him in it.

Yes- Macaulay Culkin was another...Lindsey Lohan, another still.

I've never thought of LaBoeuf in quite the same way, because the earliest thing I remember seeing him in was the Indiana Jones movie he did, and he was 19-20 years old then; a little older than the others we're talking about, when they first started.

But your point is well-taken.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Yes- Macaulay Culkin was another...Lindsey Lohan, another still.

I've never thought of LaBoeuf in quite the same way, because the earliest thing I remember seeing him in was the Indiana Jones movie he did, and he was 19-20 years old then; a little older than the other's we're talking about, when they first started.

But your point is well-taken.

You don't remember him on the Disney channel?

My kids used to watch that.

^ I actually did see Holes, not too long ago- maybe a year, year and a half. I didn't remember that he was in it!

The Disney Channel stuff was too old for my kids. (And too young for me, of course).

^ I actually did see Holes, not too long ago- maybe a year, year and a half. I didn't remember that he was in it!

The Disney Channel stuff was too old for my kids. (And too young for me, of course).

You know, the Disney Channel has given the world a lot of overrated celebrities.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2015/09/24181234/640_Jonas_brothers_GRAMMYs2010_96361236.jpg

Christina_Aguilera_at_the_premiere_of_Burlesque_%282010%29.jpg

http://ibgnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/463414-britney-spears-new.jpg

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/522f3cf8eab8eaa020897f5b-480/miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball.png

Edited by workingcinderellaman

You know, the Disney Channel has given the world a lot of overrated celebrities.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2015/09/24181234/640_Jonas_brothers_GRAMMYs2010_96361236.jpg

Christina_Aguilera_at_the_premiere_of_Burlesque_%282010%29.jpg

http://ibgnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/463414-britney-spears-new.jpg

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/522f3cf8eab8eaa020897f5b-480/miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball.png

Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears are no different to generations if bubblegum pop icons. They are better than most as well. Rather these two than the likes if Tiffany or Jessica Simpson. And Aguilera is one of the greatest singers of her generation.