Caress of Steel vs September 1975

JohnnyBlaze

CoS vs September '75  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which September '75 studio album is your favorite?

• Grateful Dead : Blues for Allah
    • Jethro Tull : Minstrel in the Gallery
    • Thin Lizzy : Fighting
    • Danny Kirwan : Second Chapter
    • Pink Floyd : Wish You Were Here
    • Supertramp : Crisis? What Crisis?
    • Foghat : Fool for the City
    • Crosby & Nash : Wind on the Water
    • Scorpions : In Trance
    • George Harrison : Extra Texture (Read All About It)
    • Rush : Caress of Steel
    • Harry Chapin : Portrait Gallery
    • Brian Eno : Another Green World
    • Leo Sayer : Another Year
    • Budgie : Bandolier
    • Dan Fogelberg : Captured Angel
    • The Ozark Mountain Devils : The Car Over the Lake Album
    • Smokie : Changing All the Time
    • Electric Light Orchestra : Face the Music
    • The J. Geils Band : Hotline
    • Tower of Power : In the Slot
    • John Fogerty : John Fogerty
    • Can : Landed
    • Kansas : Masque
    • Man : Maximum Darkness
    • Linda Rondstadt : Prisoner in Disguise
    • Procol Harum : Procol's Ninth
    • The Sunshine Band : The Sound of Sunshine
    • Nitty Gritty Dirt Band : Symphonion Dream
    • Ted Nugent : Ted Nugent
    • Blue Magic : Thirteen Blue Magic Lane
    • Montrose : Warner Bros. Presents
    • Herbie Man : Waterbed
    • John Denver : Windsong
    • Black Oak Arkansas : X-Rated
  2. 2. Is Caress of Steel currently one of your Top 5 Rush albums?

• Absolutely!
    • Probably...could be...I'm not sure...but it's at least in my Top 10.
    • No. And it's not in my Top 10 either but I still like it.
    • No. I don't really like it all that much to be honest. At best, it's "ok".
    • Definitely not! I dislike/hate it.
    • Actually, I still haven't heard (all of) it yet.

You don't seem to be understanding my point. It's not about me or any other "over-inflated" bla bla finger pointing that you wish it to be. I included Tupac, Bon Jovi, and Guns N' Roses in my previous post to help you understand. But I guess you didn't.

I do get your point, but what I don't get is the relevance to RUSH. I honestly don't give a shit what the general public, music critics, or elite music fans think of anything I do or don't listen to. The fact that a bunch of people who think very highly of themselves and their opinions think that September 1975 was a watershed moment in music is worthless to me. Where Carress Of Steel, or any other album I like or dislike fits in with this list matters as much to me as whether or not some DJ in 1975 decided to play Fountain Of Lamneth on his radio show because he thought it was cool.

You don't seem to be understanding my point. It's not about me or any other "over-inflated" bla bla finger pointing that you wish it to be. I included Tupac, Bon Jovi, and Guns N' Roses in my previous post to help you understand. But I guess you didn't.

I do get your point, but what I don't get is the relevance to RUSH. I honestly don't give a shit what the general public, music critics, or elite music fans think of anything I do or don't listen to. The fact that a bunch of people who think very highly of themselves and their opinions think that September 1975 was a watershed moment in music is worthless to me. Where Carress Of Steel, or any other album I like or dislike fits in with this list matters as much to me as whether or not some DJ in 1975 decided to play Fountain Of Lamneth on his radio show because he thought it was cool.

Yeah I get what you mean...lol don't get too upset it happens all the time around here hahaha

• Like 1

Don't post in the thread then, just leave it alone and move on to something you don't think is worthless and stop wasting everybody's time.

• Like 1

Who are you talking about? Who thinks highly of themselves? What fact? The only fact (or truth) you've stated is that you haven't heard any of the albums...oh, and that anyone that likes these albums is a snob. :LOL:

"You like Wish Tou Were Here and Minstrel in the Gallery? I've never heard of them. You're a 70s music aficionado and they weren't important to me so they're not important."

:P

Oh my days CHILDREN CALM DOWN

CUPCAKE TIME CUPCAKES CUPCAKES

(I miss Lorraine at times like this)

Yeah I get what you mean...lol don't get too upset it happens all the time around here hahaha

I should've posted this from the start to prevent any possible TRFer aneurysms with the use of the word "heavyweight":

((Done in robotic version of my voice)):

"September 1975 albums as listed by Wikipedia. Vote on favorite. Vote on favorite. Vote on favorite..."

• Like 2

Times like what? There's nothing happening. :huh:

It just looked like JB was doing another Steve (as in being awesome and being read all wrong).

Or I might just be a little dense...

• Like 1

I'm mildly entertained. :LOL:

• Like 1

I should've posted this from the start to prevent any possible TRFer aneurysms with the use of the word "heavyweight":

"September 1975 albums as listed by Wikipedia. Vote on favorite. Vote on favorite. Vote on favorite..."

CUPCAKE TIME

Lol JB you have way of winning over newbies haha

I like your style! (What's your secret?)

Is it shampoo related?

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

It just looked like JB was doing another Steve (as in being awesome and being read all wrong).

You're insane!

• Like 1

Caress Of Steel wins handily here, even though I love Thin Lizzy's Fighting

Caress is just so good on so many levels, and it is absolutely in my Top 5

Don't you like Budgie and TULL??

I do .. but I love Lizzy

I'm starting to realize that my rants here on post GUP Rush have probably clouded how much I love their 70s stuff

Tull is a really good band, Budgie were good .. But Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Aerosmith and Rush are on different levels for me

You're insane!

How? All the peasants locked in my basement always tell me how nice I am.

• Like 3

Caress Of Steel wins handily here, even though I love Thin Lizzy's Fighting

Caress is just so good on so many levels, and it is absolutely in my Top 5

Don't you like Budgie and TULL??

I do .. but I love Lizzy

I'm starting to realize that my rants here on post GUP Rush have probably clouded how much I love their 70s stuff

Tull is a really good band, Budgie were good .. But Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Aerosmith and Rush are on different levels for me

:hail:

• Like 1

CUPCAKE TIME

Is it shampoo related?

:LOL:

I think it just happens because I comment on pretty much anything in the TRF sections I visit, especially on posts i find interesting...or peculiar.

The irony of the shampoo thang is that my head is shaved!!! :LOL:

• Like 1

CUPCAKE TIME

Is it shampoo related?

I think it just happens because I comment on pretty much anything in the TRF sections I visit, especially on posts i find interesting...or peculiar.

Shampoo is good for oily skin. I've washed my face with it when meds turned my skin to goo. Ya don't need hair to sparkle that skin and lush up them pores!

You're insane!

I just imagined you descending a long, spiral staircase to your basement while wearing Redmayne's cloak in Fantastic Beasts. Torch (the fiery kind) in your right hand. :LOL:

You're insane!

I just imagined you descending a long, spiral staircase to your basement while wearing Redmayne's cloak in Fantastic Beasts. Torch (the fiery kind) in your right hand. :LOL:

It is shiny but fiery? Never heard that before!

CUPCAKE TIME

Is it shampoo related?

Shampoo is good for oily skin. I've washed my face with it when meds turned my skin to goo. Ya don't need hair to sparkle that skin and lush up them pores!

My skin is as smooth as porcelain, as tan as mahogany. WTF am I talking about?! :LOL:

I'm Caress of Steel ! ((.....but I voted Wish You Were Here))

You're insane!

I've never seen the movie! :LOL:

You're insane!

It's got a frickin amazing teal coat it's BAE/10

You're insane!

It's got a frickin amazing teal coat it's BAE/10

Yeah it is pretty cool looking I have to admit. I saw you lusting after it in another thread. :LOL: