Jump to content


Rate the Rush album Vapor Trails


  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the Rush album Vapor Trails (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the Rush album Vapor Trails

  1. 1/10 (5 votes [7.46%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 7.46%

  2. 2/10 (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.49%

  3. 3/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. 4/10 (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.49%

  5. 5/10 (6 votes [8.96%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.96%

  6. 6/10 (9 votes [13.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.43%

  7. 7/10 (16 votes [23.88%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.88%

  8. 8/10 (15 votes [22.39%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 22.39%

  9. 9/10 (6 votes [8.96%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.96%

  10. 10/10 (8 votes [11.94%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32160 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

View Postgoose, on 25 February 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

How did I miss this golden poll?

When I bought "Vapor Trails" on it's true release day I listened to it over and over again and I liked it.  Never loved it.

Today?

I can't even stomach the record.

It is by far the worst Rush record in their extensive catalog.  More like a log of shite.  Snail Trails.  Skid Mark Trails inside tighty whitey Fruit Of The Looms!

"Vapor Trails" is the antonym of the word "Melodic."

It's junk for my progressive ears.

"The way out is the way in?"  Get me the fuckk out of this album.

It's the St. Anger Rush Record.

This album is "LESS THAN ZERO!"

Signed,

Rob Blow I mean Lowe

You intellectuals get it right?

0/10
The vacant laugh of true insanity...

Hahaha!  That's why I'm here!

Sponsored Post

#82 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32160 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 25 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

At the time, it was their best album since at least GUP.  It was surpassed by Snakes which was in turn surpassed by CA.

S&A and CA blow VT AWAY!

#83 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58171 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 25 February 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

How did I miss this golden poll?

When I bought "Vapor Trails" on it's true release day I listened to it over and over again and I liked it.  Never loved it.

Today?

I can't even stomach the record.

It is by far the worst Rush record in their extensive catalog.  More like a log of shite.  Snail Trails.  Skid Mark Trails inside tighty whitey Fruit Of The Looms!

"Vapor Trails" is the antonym of the word "Melodic."

It's junk for my progressive ears.

"The way out is the way in?"  Get me the fuckk out of this album.

It's the St. Anger Rush Record.

This album is "LESS THAN ZERO!"

Signed,

Rob Blow I mean Lowe

You intellectuals get it right?

0/10
The vacant laugh of true insanity...

Hahaha!  That's why I'm here!
Roll the bones!

#84 ozzy85

ozzy85

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3430 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the deep dark forest where the wolves run.
  • Interests:Metal. Beer. Powerbelching. \m/

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 15 April 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

10/10. The remix turned this album into one of my favourites.

It takes me to a healing place.
Me, too. I listened to a lot of VT and S&A coming out of a long illness.

I gave it a solid 8/10. I was so happy for their return. Good songs.

#85 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 25 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

At the time, it was their best album since at least GUP.  It was surpassed by Snakes which was in turn surpassed by CA.

S&A and CA blow VT AWAY!

They do.  But VT blows away the 6 albums that came between it and GUP.

#86 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 32160 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 26 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 25 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

At the time, it was their best album since at least GUP.  It was surpassed by Snakes which was in turn surpassed by CA.

S&A and CA blow VT AWAY!

They do.  But VT blows away the 6 albums that came between it and GUP.

WTF? VT > GUP???


LOL!

#87 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

How did I miss this golden poll?

When I bought "Vapor Trails" on it's true release day I listened to it over and over again and I liked it.  Never loved it.

Today?

I can't even stomach the record.

It is by far the worst Rush record in their extensive catalog.  More like a log of shite.  Snail Trails.  Skid Mark Trails inside tighty whitey Fruit Of The Looms!

"Vapor Trails" is the antonym of the word "Melodic."

It's junk for my progressive ears.

"The way out is the way in?"  Get me the fuckk out of this album.

It's the St. Anger Rush Record.

This album is "LESS THAN ZERO!"

Signed,

Rob Blow I mean Lowe

You intellectuals get it right?

0/10

Your pants are on fire
Cuz you are a liar!

Can’t remember what thread, maybe VT remix? We had a short back-and-forth and you gave it another spin and said a couple of good things about it. I guess I should’ve written that down on the calendar! :yes:
I think you ended up giving it a 6 or 6.5/10. Yes, really! :yes:
I’d do some digging for proof but damn wifi is slow and pissing me off. :yes:
Best;
Arthur Brown


(Young Carl Palmer on drums)


#88 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 26 February 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 26 February 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 25 February 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

At the time, it was their best album since at least GUP.  It was surpassed by Snakes which was in turn surpassed by CA.

S&A and CA blow VT AWAY!

They do.  But VT blows away the 6 albums that came between it and GUP.

WTF? VT > GUP???


LOL!

No.  GUP is the last Rush album of the 20th century that is better than VT.

#89 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 31675 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

View Postvaportrailer, on 27 February 2018 - 05:10 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 February 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

How did I miss this golden poll?

When I bought "Vapor Trails" on it's true release day I listened to it over and over again and I liked it.  Never loved it.

Today?

I can't even stomach the record.

It is by far the worst Rush record in their extensive catalog.  More like a log of shite.  Snail Trails.  Skid Mark Trails inside tighty whitey Fruit Of The Looms!

"Vapor Trails" is the antonym of the word "Melodic."

It's junk for my progressive ears.

"The way out is the way in?"  Get me the fuckk out of this album.

It's the St. Anger Rush Record.

This album is "LESS THAN ZERO!"

Signed,

Rob Blow I mean Lowe

You intellectuals get it right?

0/10

Your pants are on fire
Cuz you are a liar!

Can’t remember what thread, maybe VT remix? We had a short back-and-forth and you gave it another spin and said a couple of good things about it. I guess I should’ve written that down on the calendar! :yes:
I think you ended up giving it a 6 or 6.5/10. Yes, really! :yes:
I’d do some digging for proof but damn wifi is slow and pissing me off. :yes:
Best;
Arthur Brown


(Young Carl Palmer on drums)

Found this...


View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 January 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:


One Little RUSHHEADY

A certain measure of insolence
Willing to appear naive
A pedigree of ejaculation
Idea that's ill conceived

A pedigree of offender
To the forces of fight and meet
A shot of counter action
In a willingness to risk his meat

Celebrate the RUSHHEAD
As he gains another sore
Another chance at 666
Another chance to whore

The measure of his Johnson
Is a difference of an inch
Just one little 666
A wanker using fee
One little RUSHHEADY
The strongest tug can be
One little RUSHHEADY

A certain measure of graciousness
A certain amount of course
A pedigree of condemnation
The CAPS ON yet again of course

A certain amount of insistence
To the forces of fight and meet
A certain measure of audience
Our willingness to take a seat

:blaze:


#90 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 33806 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    Sonata Arctica
    Machine Head
    Mastodon
    Trivium
    Metallica
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Juliana Theory
    Bruce Springsteen

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

9/10

One of the bands finest albums, and the best of the post-2000s

#91 Todem

Todem

    Brosaucerous

  • Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkland, Florida
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

5/10

Some brilliant moments. But overall a real sonic mess. Even the remix is "off". It is a demo quality type of Rush album. Cut and pasted together stuff too. Just a long process and difficult album for the band. But like I said....it has it's moments for me. Now that the album is gulp 16 years old (jesus man time has flown by) I can say these tracks have stood the test of time for me:

One Little Victory
Ghost Rider
Vaportrail
Nocturne
The Stars Look Down
Earthshine
Sweet Miracle




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users