Your top 3 tracks on the album Permanent Waves?

Texas King

Your top 3 tracks on the album Permanent Waves?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Your top 3 tracks on the album Permanent Waves?

Radio

Nous

Strings

As a kid I would've put Freewilly up there, but as an old b@stard I enjoy Different Strings more.

Sure, Freewilly tells you how to do stuff, but DS establishes a mood and has a nice directness to it with no didacticism attached! And that fade-out guitar solo always leaves me wanting more.

Surpised at how much love Jacob's Ladder gets, as I find it as ponderous and leaden as the clouds it describes. And time has not been kind to that squiggly Moog sound.

No !!!!

• Like 1

Natural Science

The Spirit of Radio

And it was a tossup between Jacobs Ladder and Limelight but I decided to go with Jacobs Ladder. I never get tired of hearing it and with Limelight I do.

Limelight :huh: :LOL:

Well duh. My brain was thinking one thing and my fingers typed another. :LOL: I meant Freewill.

Natural Science because its an all out heavy prog track ,like a La Villa with words and not as many parts.Freewill because it rocks and the solo is a gas especially the bass.Reminds me of Cream when they use to go off on their wild tangents.I never thought that much of Jacobs Ladder until R40 and it blew me away.Entre Nous and Different Strings are great but just a notch below.Spirit of Radio is great until the mid reggae section just bogs it down.I have just heard it too much,like Sabs Paranoid or Purples Smokey Water.I just don't find it representative of the band. :finbar: Edited by grasbo

Radio

Nous

Strings

As a kid I would've put Freewilly up there, but as an old b@stard I enjoy Different Strings more.

Sure, Freewilly tells you how to do stuff, but DS establishes a mood and has a nice directness to it with no didacticism attached! And that fade-out guitar solo always leaves me wanting more.

Surpised at how much love Jacob's Ladder gets, as I find it as ponderous and leaden as the clouds it describes. And time has not been kind to that squiggly Moog sound.

No !!!!

:LOL:

My top 3: 1.Natural Science

2.Jacob's Ladder

3.Freewill

Your picks?

Yep, this. ^

Radio

Nous

Strings

Surpised at how much love Jacob's Ladder gets, as I find it as ponderous and leaden as the clouds it describes. And time has not been kind to that squiggly Moog sound. :)

I liked this comment only for the reference to the fade out of the Different Strings solo. Pure awesomeness.
  • Like 1

Freewill - The first Rush song I loved. It blew my mind on the first listen.

Entre Nous - The first Rush song I felt a deep emotional attachment with.

Natural Science - God damn this is epic. Perfect.

• Like 1