Rate the song Roll the Bones

Texas King

Rate the song Roll the Bones  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the song Roll the Bones

2. 2. Do you mind a rapping part in this song?

• Yes, absolutely.
    • Nope, it's OK.

I really think it's a very average effort for Rush ... but I gave it a five because they really nailed in on R40 ... otherwise it would be a three from me
  • Like 2

I really think it's a very average effort for Rush ... but I gave it a five because they really nailed in on R40 ... otherwise it would be a three from me

woah same thought at the same time......

One of the very best Rush songs.

I don't mind the rap, otherwise it's the best thing on RTB. Catchy, good lyrics, interesting song structure and arrangement...terrible production. 9/10 on a good day.
  • Like 1

It was good live on R40...otherwise I really don't enjoy it at all.

8/10

For those who are still bothered by the rap part, the song is 26 years old, get over it already.

Why do we need to get over it? Is there some kind of statute of limitations on not liking a failed attempt at crossing musical genres?

• Like 5

8/10

For those who are still bothered by the rap part, the song is 26 years old, get over it already.

Why do we need to get over it? Is there some kind of statute of limitations on not liking a failed attempt at crossing musical genres?

A fact's a fact, from Nome to Rome, boy.
  • Like 1

8/10

They weren't trying to cross musical genres they were trying to have fun lol

I gave it a 7/10. Back when this came out I had mixed feelings about the rap section. It seemed so anti-Rush at the time and it even though I knew that was the idea, it still kind of bothered me. Still I love this song in concert much more than on the album.

I think the rap is silly, because they're not good at it. Like Aerosmith with the beginning of Eat The Rich, it sounds like white guys trying to show how cool they are. The rest of the song, however, is a welcome change from what they had been turning out for several years at that point.

7/10.