Tell Me What It Takes: Roll The Bones Versus...

Entre_Perpetuo

Go ahead...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I DARE you

• Roll The Bones
    • Close To The Edge

This is like using a bazooka to kill a squirrel. :P

Just testing what it takes to see the bazooka go through unscathed. If RTB can beat Achtung Baby, and can only lose to Ten by one vote...I feel like this is the only logical matchup to see how great people REALLY think it is.

Also it's hilarious.

This is like using a bazooka to kill a squirrel. :P

Just testing what it takes to see the bazooka go through unscathed. If RTB can beat Achtung Baby, and can only lose to Ten by one vote...I feel like this is the only logical matchup to see how great people REALLY think it is.

Also it's hilarious.

I hear you. :yes:

• Like 1

Welp, it's hopeless.

Apparently Roll The Bones is one of the greatest albums of all time or something.

• Like 2

Maybe I should try, like, Sgt. Pepper's next time? Or DSOTM? Led Zep 4?

Is RTB really a masterwork?

• Like 1

Roll the Bones is much better than that masturbatory turd

Tell us how you really feel. :P

Maybe I should try, like, Sgt. Pepper's next time? Or DSOTM? Led Zep 4?

Is RTB really a masterwork?

The bazooka keeps missing the squirrel !!!

Putting it up against Sgt. Pepper's or DSotM or LZ4 would be like dropping a nuclear warhead on the little rat!!!

But TRF might allow the little rat to win just because of the "Oh man THAT album is overplayed" factor. Not me! Any of the nuclear warheads would decimate the rat!!! :blaze:

• Like 1

Welp, it's hopeless.

Apparently Roll The Bones is one of the greatest albums of all time or something.

Or it's possible there's people here like myself who have never heard a Yes album in their lives and may decide to vote for Rush by default.

• Like 1

Welp, it's hopeless.

Or it's possible there's people here like myself who have never heard a Yes album in their lives and may decide to vote for Rush by default.

That'd definitely account for some of the votes :yes:

Welp, it's hopeless.

People voting without knowing the full story is exactly how we ended up with Brexit.
  • Like 1

There was a CTTE vs. Hemispheres poll, some time ago. If I remember correctly, based on the results seen here, TRF voters rate Roll the Bones higher than Hemispheres in the Rush canon.

I love Roll the Bones, myself- nine out of the ten songs, anyway.

But it's not Hemispheres.

• Like 2

The results of this poll sicken me

I agree!

Roll the Bones should be killing some crappy 70s YES album on a RUSH fanboard, but sadly this board tends to be an ALL THINGS 70s over almost anything else. I was a baby in the 70s so something released in that decade doesn't mean anything more to me than some 50s or 60s stuff would to many of you. This to me is like having some Buddy Holly album beating A Farewell to Kings and having everyone lose their minds because the Buddy Holly album isn't trouncing the RUSH album. There is a ton of great music in other decades and ALL of the BEST RUSH albums and songs come from later decades, including Roll The Bones, which is in my TOP 5 RUSH albums.

Edited by diatribein