Alex says Rush Isn't Done

Ron2112

Not being a smart-ass here, and I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone find it odd that Neil would dis-associate himself so completely from two guys he spent sooooo much time with over the last 45 years? Is there maybe something going on we don't know? I mean, sure...give up the gig. You're old and tired and have a liquor habit to nurse. But to just cut ties? I don't get it.

There is no indication that he has cut ties or disassociated himself with Geddy and Alex. He hasn't done public appearances with them since the 2002 reunion (except rare things like Colbert and their own Hall of Fame induction), so him not going to the Yes thing at the Hall was nothing new. Plus, he doesn't live in the same city, or even country, as Alex and Geddy, so it's not like he can just drop in on them to say hi. You are assuming way too much.

Yeah but the RRHOF induction was in HIS country, how d'you think Geddy and Alex got there, it wouldn't hurt to make the occasional effort would it, I mean what else does he do all day?

maxresdefault.jpg

Preach! A man with a habit like that just can't up drive across the country!

That pic is fuckkin sweet!!

Neil can start his own band and call it LUSH!

Already was a band like that (and no it's not Metallica):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lush_(band)

• Like 1

Not being a smart-ass here, and I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone find it odd that Neil would dis-associate himself so completely from two guys he spent sooooo much time with over the last 45 years? Is there maybe something going on we don't know? I mean, sure...give up the gig. You're old and tired and have a liquor habit to nurse. But to just cut ties? I don't get it.

There is no indication that he has cut ties or disassociated himself with Geddy and Alex. He hasn't done public appearances with them since the 2002 reunion (except rare things like Colbert and their own Hall of Fame induction), so him not going to the Yes thing at the Hall was nothing new. Plus, he doesn't live in the same city, or even country, as Alex and Geddy, so it's not like he can just drop in on them to say hi. You are assuming way too much.

Yeah but the RRHOF induction was in HIS country, how d'you think Geddy and Alex got there, it wouldn't hurt to make the occasional effort would it, I mean what else does he do all day?

maxresdefault.jpg

Preach! A man with a habit like that just can't up drive across the country!

That pic is fuckkin sweet!!

Neil can start his own band and call it LUSH!

Already was a band like that (and no it's not Metallica):

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Lush_(band)

TRUE! DARN!

CHIXDIGGIT!

Not to get flamed, but to get back to the original thread, does anybody actually know how much contact the boys had between albums in the last 10 or so years? I know Al and Ged live a few blocks from one another, and Neil lives in California, but should we all assume that no contact these days means they'll never get the urge to make music together again? I guess if you believe that no tour means no Rush, then Rush is dead. If they all go off and do their own thing between albums as a matter of custom, then no big deal. I know you guys like to pick on Neil for all of his many failings (and if I could afford to drink MaCallan every day I would probably go down that rabbit hole too) but we have to remember that Al and Ged will be 65 this year, Ged's voice is shot and Al has arthritis that affects the fingers. I know I've been beating the drum saying Rush isn't dead but those facts are sobering. Leave them to their respective hobbies and love and respect them. I'll shut up now and go back to coughing my lungs out.
  • Like 1

Not to get flamed, but to get back to the original thread, does anybody actually know how much contact the boys had between albums in the last 10 or so years? I know Al and Ged live a few blocks from one another, and Neil lives in California, but should we all assume that no contact these days means they'll never get the urge to make music together again? I guess if you believe that no tour means no Rush, then Rush is dead. If they all go off and do their own thing between albums as a matter of custom, then no big deal. I know you guys like to pick on Neil for all of his many failings (and if I could afford to drink MaCallan every day I would probably go down that rabbit hole too) but we have to remember that Al and Ged will be 65 this year, Ged's voice is shot and Al has arthritis that affects the fingers. I know I've been beating the drum saying Rush isn't dead but those facts are sobering. Leave them to their respective hobbies and love and respect them. I'll shut up now and go back to coughing my lungs out.

Peart has worked with Vertical Horizon before (he's pals with Matt Scannell, the lead singer & guitarist).

Neil played drums on 3 tunes for their 2009 release and he even wrote lyrics for one of those tunes. He also played on two songs for their 2013 release.

Looking at those years in which Neil helped out Vertical Horizon, you can see that they were during Rush's off years.

Not sure if that means anything NOW but I think it's worth noting. That is, it's not like Neil just rode his bike, got drunk, and lied around in his pajamas all day whenever Rush wasn't doing anything. He probably does do those things 99% of the time though....lucky bum. :P

• Like 1

Peart has worked with Vertical Horizon before (he's pals with Matt Scannell, the lead singer & guitarist).

Neil played drums on 3 tunes for their 2009 release and he even wrote lyrics for one of those tunes. He also played on two songs for their 2013 release.

Looking at those years in which Neil helped out Vertical Horizon, you can see that they were during Rush's off years.

Not sure if that means anything NOW but I think it's worth noting. That is, it's not like Neil just rode his bike, got drunk, and lied around in his pajamas all day whenever Rush wasn't doing anything. He probably does do those things 99% of the time though....lucky bum. :P

Well, we know the other two like fine wine and food, that Alex plays golf, that Ged goes to baseball games and collects basses. Alex still noodles on the guitar, as does Geddy. How do we know Al and Geddy don't kid around in their pjs the rest of the time? I'm retired and some days I don't make it out of bed. And I'm not even famous. BTW, I looked at credits on the CDs I had in the car. Most of them were compilations and had no credits. The only song where Neil was given credit were those with lyrics. So he doesn't contribute to instrumentals?

• Like 1

Well, we know the other two like fine wine and food, that Alex plays golf, that Ged goes to baseball games and collects basses. Alex still noodles on the guitar, as does Geddy. How do we know Al and Geddy don't kid around in their pjs the rest of the time? I'm retired and some days I don't make it out of bed. And I'm not even famous. BTW, I looked at credits on the CDs I had in the car. Most of them were compilations and had no credits. The only song where Neil was given credit were those with lyrics. So he doesn't contribute to instrumentals?

YYZ is Lee & Peart's puppy.