Who in this forum wears rock and metal t-shirts regularly?

treeduck

How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many rock/metal t-shirts do you own?

• 1-10
    • 11-20
    • None, I don't wear them I'm too mature for all that.
    • None I'm too stylish for stupid band t-shirts
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • more than 50
    • more than 100
  2. 2. Which band do you have the most t-shirts of?

• RUSH
    • BlackSabbath
    • Judas Priest
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Dio
    • Queen
    • Iron Maiden
    • Nightwish
    • KISS
    • Blue Oyster Cult
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Jethro Tull
    • YES
    • Kansas
    • Symphony X
    • Mastodon
    • Opeth
    • Overkill
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Deep Purple
    • Led Zep
    • Nirvana
    • Soundgarden
    • Alice in Chains
    • Pearl Jam
    • Winger
    • Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • UFO
    • Whitesnake
    • Van Halen
    • ELO
    • The Beatles
    • AC/DC
    • Queensryche
    • Dream Theater
    • Rainbow
    • Voivod
    • Testament
    • NONE
  3. 3. How many of these bands do you own t-shirts of?

Over the years, while teaching HS, I gave various hall-dwellers (kids that avoid the cafeteria & eat lunch "in the high school halls") my original RUSH Signals raglan

My brother had that shirt, too- Signals tour, sort of a light grey shirt with black sleeves, 3/4 length...I wish I knew whatever happened to it, at this point.

• Like 1

For my daughter, I picked up this Primus shirt at the Reno 2015 Chocolate Factory show. I dig it...

http://static.musictoday.com/store/bands/362/product_600/OLCT147.jpg

• Like 1

So those who voted that they have a TULL shirt or two, which ones do you have?

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/DSCN3524_zpscqm0u8yh.jpg

• Like 4

I have a ton of Rush shirts. My favorites are a FTK skull with crown and an R40 star man. I have a couple Mastodon shirts that I wear and a Coheed and Cambria.
  • Like 1

I tend to save my Rush concerts tees but regularly wear my black sabbath "the end" shirt, a van halen shirt from a 2012 tour I think, and two identical black Rush shirts with just the star man logo ..
  • Like 1

I have all Rush t-shirts that existed before they made tons of new ones right before R40 Tour. And I have 2 Lita Ford t-shirts. And I have 1 Fish (Marillion) t-shirt.

I have several Rush T shirts and a couple of Clapton T shirts. One that says "I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands". And lots of ones that say things like "Nope, not today" and "I'm retired, do it yourself " and "I see no good reason to act my age".
  • Like 1

t7fq99.jpg

That one is hard to find around here... classy!!!!

(I mean the shirt, not Tony).

Does it have the tour dates on the back?, or is it a cheap ass one?

t7fq99.jpg

It has tour dates.

• Like 5

t7fq99.jpg

t7fq99.jpg

It has tour dates.

Mine is the cheap one. :(

my wife hates that I keep all my band T's. I literally have storage boxes full of them - all the way back to '82.... I guess I'm a Rock tour shirt hoarder. I'm proud to say that almost* all of them still fit me - though some are severely worn out. I've got Rush tour shirts from every tour back to P/G; in many cases, multiple shirts from a tour. then, I went back and bought shirts from each tour before that....at one point, my Aunt gave me an original Fly By Night tour shirt (in such poor condition that my mom must have thrown it away rather than let me take it to college!) Lots of Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, YES.. Some other classics that I remember wearing in high school: David Lee Roth (Eat 'em and Smile!), Iron Maiden, Metallica. I wore rock shirts basically every day of high school (fortunately I found a girlfriend that had a similar affliction!) Some other shirt memories from college: KING'S X (FHL and KX), Eric Johnson (opened for Rush on RtB tour), Primus, Queensryche, Living Colour, YES, lots of Dead tie-dies. Some from the later 90's: TOOL, umm, TOOL Since 2000, I am mostly outfitted in Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, OPETH, TOOL, John Wesley, Anathema, and, of course, the latest Rush... I wear them mostly when I am playing with my band! Edited by cygnify
  • Like 4

I have a Wire shirt I had made using a pic from an '80s fanzine article. I have a Wedding Present shirt that simply says "The Wedding Present", and a Jazz Butcher shirt with a pic of the band and a tour slogan "It Never Stops" (for insiders only I guess, which would be cool except that I've never met another insider). Long ago I had a Bauhaus t, maybe Joy Division also. Only wear them at home. Never really got into band shirts though I think I'll get a "Red Barchetta" shirt I saw online showing a 166MM. Big on (baseball) Indians shirts though. Also have a cool shirt that says: "Diversity: An old old wooden ship from the Civil War era." Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

I have a Jimmy Eat World shirt and one Lacuna Coil and...that...that is all my friends haha
  • Like 1