Rush and Black Sabbath clash?

Texas King

Rush and Black Sabbath clash?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rush and Black Sabbath clash?

• Rush - 2112
    • Black Sabbath - Master of Reality

Hands down, up, to the side, broken, twisted in a not, chopped off, suffering from gangrene, whatever, 2112 wins this :yes:

I know that 2112 will win here convincingly, maybe I forgot this is the biased Rush fans forum.

Objectively speaking 2112 can never top Master of Reality, esp. due to its side two. I prefer MoR to 2112 and I think it's a clearly better album.

Hands down, up, to the side, broken, twisted in a not, chopped off, suffering from gangrene, whatever, 2112 wins this :yes:

I know that 2112 will win here convincingly, maybe I forgot this is the biased Rush fans forum.

Objectively speaking 2112 can never top Master of Reality, esp. due to its side two. I prefer MoR to 2112 and I think it's a clearly better album.

There's nothing objective with these kinds of things. It's all subjective. You said it yourself with the "I prefer" and "I think" in your last sentence. And that's fine.

• Like 5

I like Master of Reality a lot it's great, but I think I have to go 2112 on this one. If it was Paranoid or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Vol 4 I'd go with the Sabbath options.

That was my thinking, too
  • Like 3

2112 X 10 to the tenth repeat to infinity

No sweat ... I love Sabbath also even if both bands are extinct.

Don't worry about them not being around. I've listened to Led Zeppelin solidly for decades and they've been defunct for the vast majority of the time I've been listening to records.

• Like 2

2112 X 10 to the tenth repeat to infinity

No sweat ... I love Sabbath also even if both bands are extinct.

Don't worry about them not being around. I've listened to Led Zeppelin solidly for decades and they've been defunct for the vast majority of the time I've been listening to records.

Most days I view the world as if it's still 1976.

:codger: :dweez:

• Like 3

This is really a hard one...

Master Of Reality is one of my favorite albums of all time, but Rush is one of my favorite bands of all time. Tho 2112 is not my favorite album, even tho I love the song 2112 (first Rush song I learned all the lyrics to).

The last time I heard the album 2112, was when I got the R40 2112 box set, when it got released. (which I later sold). So that was a while back. But I heard the album Master Of Reality like 3 times last week.

So on this one, I think my vote will go to Master Of Reality!

• Like 1

There's nothing objective with these kinds of things. It's all subjective. You said it yourself with the "I prefer" and "I think" in your last sentence. And that's fine.

We've known for a long time now that Texas King does not understand the meaning of the word "objective." :LOL:

• Like 1

We've known for a long time now that Texas King does not understand the meaning of the word "objective." :LOL:

:LOL:

Come to think of it, I think I said the same thing to TK in a different thread and forum last week

:LOL:

I have fond memories of buying Master Of Reality ( the day it was released ) with my buddy Rich (RIP) so you know where my vote goes. There's more to the story which I've told before in other threads, but this album blew us away when we first heard it.

• Like 3