I need your guys advice/help about/with something...

YYZumbi

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I return the Queen vinyl record or not?

• Yes, return it, and save your money, you need it!
    • No! Keep it and enjoy it, its music, and that is important for you.
  2. 2. Do you guys think its a good idea about me stop buying records and giving my pay card to my brother?

• Yes, a very good idea! It will be good for you!
    • No, spend the money! You only live once!

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

I dont get any money...

I had saved up from last time I had a job, but it starting to get low now...

Okay,

Are you seeking employment at this time?

Yes I am. But I have done so for a very long time, very hard to find a job.

Work on your people skills.

That might help.

• Like 1

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Well I can say the same thing about you. So :moon:

• Like 1

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Cat fight!! :pussy: :LOL:

Come on,

There must be some type of fast food job you can get. Or some thing like that. They are always hiring.

• Like 1

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

I have many customer service qualifications, have won awards as a barista, have been a spokesperson at charity events, have only been unemployed when sick, have never been fired, have been hired before being interviewed based on how I present myself.

Don't really get your criticism tbh. Was just offering some advice as I think you could brush up on some stuff.

• Like 3

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

There must be some type of fast food job you can get. Or some thing like that. They are always hiring.

Well I can not take those kind of jobs. Because I am not very good with high pressure. Then I get meltdown and panic.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

He gave good advice. Take it or don't. No need to prove his instinct to be correct.

• Like 2

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

I have many customer service qualifications, have won awards as a barista, have been a spokesperson at charity events, have only been unemployed when sick, have never been fired, have been hired before being interviewed based on how I present myself.

Don't really get your criticism tbh. Was just offering some advice as I think you could brush up on some stuff.

Yep,

You always need to update your resume and your interviewing skills.

• Like 1

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Well I can not take those kind of jobs. Because I am not very good with high pressure. Then I get meltdown and panic.

Any training courses available? Like night time courses to improve a CV and give you more in the way of qualifications?

• Like 1

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Exactly.

The longer you go without a job the more hesitant employers will be to hire you. They may get the impression that you're lazy and unmotivated if you've been out of work for a long time and decide not to bother contacting you after you apply.

One reason some people are out of work for a long time is because they overestimate their value. They think they should be getting a certain amount an hour and hold out for a wage they think is worthy of their services. Truth is, you should take whatever you can get because in the end a weekly paycheck is better than getting nothing.

• Like 3

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Well good for you. But in my opinion, every thing you say (at least most of it) is rude. Wherever you talking to me or about me. So I don´t like you, and I do not want to listen to what you say.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Then look for some type of behind the scenes type of job.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Well good for you. But in my opinion, every thing you say (at least most of it) is rude. Wherever you talking to me or about me. So I don´t like you, and I do not want to listen to what you say.

I don't like you and I've said it to you before and I will likely say it again. But I do not resent you and would still try and reach out if you are in trouble or need help.

Just because I dislike you as a person doesn't mean I wish you ill. I think you are deserving of the unkind things I've said and others but that doesn't mean I want the worst for you or that I don't think you could be a better person than I think you are or that you can't improve.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Exactly.

The longer you go without a job the more hesitant employers will be to hire you. They may get the impression that you're lazy and unmotivated if you've been out of work for a long time and decide not to bother contacting you after you apply.

One reason some people are out of work for a long time is because they overestimate their value. They think they should be getting a certain amount an hour and hold out for a wage they think is worthy of their services. Truth is, you should take whatever you can get because in the end a weekly paycheck is better than getting nothing.

:goodone:

Helps your confidence and your outlook on life. Money coming in and gives you more drive to find a better job as well.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 5

Well anyway... I have decided that I will return the Queen album. Thanks to all that helped me.

Now I am going to go and sleep (its almost 2:00 here) so I wont be able to answer in a few hours.

Edited by YYZumbi

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

The reason he's rude to you a lot is because you haven't exactly been nice on here to him and others. I've seen that recently you've turned a corner and realised how flat out nasty you've been to people here in the past. Still, it will take a lot more time than that to make up for some of the awful things you've said to members here. It takes years to recover from alienating people around you because of a shit attitude.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

The reason he's rude to you a lot is because you haven't exactly been nice on here to him and others. I've seen that recently you've turned a corner and realised how flat out nasty you've been to people here in the past. Still, it will take a lot more time than that to make up for some of the awful things you've said to members here. It takes years to recover from alienating people around you because of a shit attitude.

And he totally missed the advice I offered about evening classes.

I do try even though I don't see the point lol

Well anyway... I have decided that I will return the Queen album. Thanks to all that helped me.

Now I am going to go and sleep (its almost 2:00 here) so I wont be able to answer in a few hours.

Sleep well,

And go out tomorrow and find work. I know you can do it. :D

• Like 3

If I saw Queen Greatest Hits II on vinyl in a shop for anything more than 10 bucks, I probably wouldn't buy it. Why get the greatest hits when the money would be more wisely spent on the albums the hits came from?

Now if you see Hot Space on vinyl anywhere and happen to have the money, snatch it up. I passed up a copy recently and I truly wonder when I'll ever see it on vinyl again.

I already have a original pressing of Hot Space in mint condition.

That's pretty sick man, wish I had it on vinyl at all. Queen records are a bit hard to come by around here.

It does sound to me like you are a little over-obsessed with getting super high quality or super valuable records as opposed to just good records. As a frequent purchaser of used (sometimes very heavily used) records and CDs, and the owner of a cheap-O Pyle portable turntable (that's been falling apart for a few years), I can tell you there is a ton of happiness and satisfaction to be found from getting things cheap and used, probably even more since you can afford more good music when you buy cheap.

Just sayin, I don't think I have many cooler records than my dad's old ate-up, acid-washed, fuzz filled copy of KISS - Alive! I think it sounds awesome, and it has so much more character than some mint condition first edition one I could bid for on eBay. Just the way I think though.

Also you should definitely find a job before you spend any more money on records. Take it from someone who's learning his first lessons about making and spending his own money wisely in his first year of college. When you're hungry, cheap food tastes a lot better than any music sounds.

• Like 3

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

What about a security guard?

I worked as an overnight guard at a steel plant for over five years. I stuck around much longer than I planned because I became the overnight supervisor. But something like that is usually a pretty quiet, under the radar job. We would monitor the entrance/exit gate and open it for any employees coming in and out. Three times a shift they wanted us to get into the patrol truck and drive around the property and that was it for the job. The rest of the time, I would sit there listen to music and watch stuff on my laptop.

It wasn't the best paying job but it was at least something. And if you're not good with people working a quiet job like that is the thing to look for. Plus, the employer is just thankful that you show up all the time considering what an odd shift it is. There's really not high expectations with a job like that. Just don't do anything that draws any unwanted attention and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

I worked as an overnight guard at a steel plant for over five years. I stuck around much longer than I planned because I became the overnight supervisor. But something like that is usually a pretty quiet, under the radar job. We would monitor the entrance/exit gate and open it for any employees coming in and out. Three times a shift they wanted us to get into the patrol truck and drive around the property and that was it for the job. The rest of the time, I would sit there listen to music and watch stuff on my laptop.

It wasn't the best paying job but it was at least something. And if you're not good with people working a quiet job like that is the thing to look for. Plus, the employer is just thankful that you show up all the time considering what an odd shift it is. There's really not high expectations with a job like that. Just don't do anything that draws any unwanted attention and you'll be fine.

Exactly,

I could never work customer service jobs. I would be fired or quit within an hour. :LOL: I don't have the attitude it takes to deal with the general public as far as work goes. But have always found other work that does not require dealing with a**holes. :P

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Exactly,

I could never work customer service jobs. I would be fired or quit within an hour. :LOL: I don't have the attitude it takes to deal with the general public as far as work goes. But have always found other work that does not require dealing with a**holes. :P

I did telemarketing/research surveys for a few years during and after uni. Oh man that was crap! Obviously there were a-holes I had to talk to and deal with several times a day. But still, a shitty job with money coming in is better than no shitty job with no money coming in.

• Like 2

If I saw Queen Greatest Hits II on vinyl in a shop for anything more than 10 bucks, I probably wouldn't buy it. Why get the greatest hits when the money would be more wisely spent on the albums the hits came from?

Now if you see Hot Space on vinyl anywhere and happen to have the money, snatch it up. I passed up a copy recently and I truly wonder when I'll ever see it on vinyl again.

I already have a original pressing of Hot Space in mint condition.

Return that, as well.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

That might help.

Come on,

Exactly,

I did telemarketing/research surveys for a few years during and after uni. Oh man that was crap! Obviously there were a-holes I had to talk to and deal with several times a day. But still, a shitty job with money coming in is better than no shitty job with no money coming in.

True,

But I wouldn't last in customer service in most of those types of jobs money or not. Like I said, there are other options out there.

• Like 1