I need your guys advice/help about/with something...

YYZumbi

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I return the Queen vinyl record or not?

• Yes, return it, and save your money, you need it!
    • No! Keep it and enjoy it, its music, and that is important for you.
  2. 2. Do you guys think its a good idea about me stop buying records and giving my pay card to my brother?

• Yes, a very good idea! It will be good for you!
    • No, spend the money! You only live once!

I need your guys advice and help. Please be serious about it, this is not a joke....

Today I bought Greatest Hits II by Queen on vinyl record. The new 2016 pressing.

I have not opened it yet, and the reason being is because Im not sure if I shall keep it or not. I do really want it, and it have looked at me now for a long time every time I have entered the record store. But it was kinda expensive. And I have very little money right now. (reason of that is I have no job, and trouble getting one...).

I have about half of the songs on this greatest hits album already on vinyl records (original pressings) and all of them on CD.

I am to be honest thinking of going cold turkey and stop buying vinyl records until I have found a job. (except for the new Rush Cygnus X-1 vinyl record that I pre-ordered, I will buy that!). After I have bought the Rush vinyl record, Im going to give my pay card to my brother. So I wont be able to buy more vinyl records. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

So I have 2 questions really...

Should I return the Queen greatest hits II vinyl record, or should I open it and enjoy it even tho it was really expensive?

And do you guys think its a good idea for me to go cold turkey by giving my pay card to my brother and stop buy more records until I have got a job?

So like I said, please be serious and tell me what you really think.

Thanks...

The first question answers itself. You don't have excess money and music is a luxury item especially when you can literally open YouTube and listen to a ton of music for free. The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.
  • Like 4

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

• Like 1

The second one should have had the option "should I stop buying records and learn to control my card?" I would have voted for that one. It's a good opportunity to practice self control without anyone else's help.

I have tried this for a very long time, and I cant control it. I always find excuses to buy more vinyl records...

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

• Like 1

If I saw Queen Greatest Hits II on vinyl in a shop for anything more than 10 bucks, I probably wouldn't buy it. Why get the greatest hits when the money would be more wisely spent on the albums the hits came from?

Now if you see Hot Space on vinyl anywhere and happen to have the money, snatch it up. I passed up a copy recently and I truly wonder when I'll ever see it on vinyl again.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I had this problem for a long time too. It took years to break, but I finally did it. You can too.

Same here,

For example. I cannot afford to go on my annual fishing trip to Southeast Alaska this year. It bums me out but I refuse to put it on a credit card. Priorities for more important things at the present time are top priority.

• Like 1

As I posted 3 days ago...

You've already got albums. Plenty of albums. The only thing that I MIGHT use money on ((besides food, rent, utilities)) is some kind of training course/licensing/certification that'd make me more employable.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

First of all, what is this pay card and how do you have money on it if you're not making any?

Second, stop calling everything "vinyl records" it's annoying as shit and makes you come off like an extreme format snob.

As for the money issues, as others have said, you need to prioritize and not spend money you don't have on stuff you really don't need. I know we live in a world today, where it's consume, move on to the next thing, consume then onto the next, but there's nothing wrong with just enjoying what you have right now. The music you don't have will always be out there for you to get whenever you're financially able to. Just enjoy listening to what you have right now. There's no need to have it all immediately, especially if you've got no money coming in.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

First of all, what is this pay card and how do you have money on it if you're not making any?

Second, stop calling everything "vinyl records" it's annoying as shit and makes you come off like an extreme format snob.

As for the money issues, as others have said, you need to prioritize and not spend money you don't have on stuff you really don't need. I know we live in a world today, where it's consume, move on to the next thing, consume then onto the next, but there's nothing wrong with just enjoying what you have right now. The music you don't have will always be out there for you to get whenever you're financially able to. Just enjoy listening to what you have right now. There's no need to have it all immediately, especially if you've got no money coming in.

:goodone:

Format snob. Perfect name for it.

I think I'll listen to an 8-track in honor of this post. Or better yet.....some FM radio. Hell, it's music. Its all good to me.

Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 2

The addiction to spending money for things you cannot afford is very common. Buckle down and force yourself to stop. How do you get money in the first place? Is it unemployment benefits or just a government hand out?

It's not easy but it's important to develop this discipline.

If I saw Queen Greatest Hits II on vinyl in a shop for anything more than 10 bucks, I probably wouldn't buy it. Why get the greatest hits when the money would be more wisely spent on the albums the hits came from?

Now if you see Hot Space on vinyl anywhere and happen to have the money, snatch it up. I passed up a copy recently and I truly wonder when I'll ever see it on vinyl again.

I already have a original pressing of Hot Space in mint condition.

I dont get any money...

I had saved up from last time I had a job, but it starting to get low now...

• Like 1

I dont get any money...

That's rough. This answer is the nail in the coffin for a double "yes" in the poll.

I dont get any money...

Okay,

Are you seeking employment at this time?

Edited by troutman

I dont get any money...

Okay,

Are you seeking employment at this time?

Yes I am. But I have done so for a very long time, very hard to find a job.