Is Rush still your favorite band?

Fordgalaxy

Favorite or not?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. When did Rush stop being your favorite band?

• They were never my favorite
    • 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's
    • 2010's
    • They are still my favorite
    • How dare you even ask such a ridiculous and disgusting question?

I love Rush as much now as I ever have, maybe even more .. Over time, the songs only get better

But they've never been my favorite ..

This is actually pretty close to the way it always has been

http://www.thinlizzyguide.com/pictures/magazine_clips/750327_advert_kiss_mike_smith.jpg

• Like 1

They are one of the two most important bands in my life, past and present. (And I know that doesn't necessarily make them a favorite, does it? But yes, they are).

I may go for months without listening to them sometimes, but that doesn't change their status with me. When I hear those songs, those albums, no matter how long it's been, it just brings it all back home.

:rush:

• Like 3

How to explain this...

For myself, Rush sit 'outside' of all the other bands and music I enjoy.

I can go for ages without listening to them, but when I do I still get goosebumps and think "god damn that song kicked ass".

Edited by thirteen
  • Like 4

I love music and always have from as far back as I can remember. My mother was a gifted classical pianist..having studied under a student of Rachmaninoffs. She played while carrying me, and all through my infancy..As a young child, many nights I'd lie in bed listening to her play and drift off to sleep listening to music.

When it comes to music, I love all kinds....and I mean LOVE all kinds. But when it comes to bands, I only love one. Rush.

To me, Rush isn't just about the music. It's about a combination of things...the music, the lyrics, the charities, the work ethic, the humor, the friendship, their relationship with their fans, and so much more. Sure, hearing Rush play music struck a chord deep within me but its the rare combination of all the above that make them so important to me.

After listening to their music, watching their films, reading their books, meeting (2 of them) in person, attending their shows, etc etc for nearly FORTY years, they are without a single doubt, my favorite band...and at this stage of my life, they will clearly always be my favorite band... Just not for the reasons that most would think.

• Like 3

How dare you even ask such a ridiculous and disgusting question???

That was for the intense fanboys who believe (erroneously) that Rush can do no wrong. The people that say Rush has "written the soundtrack for my life". Those types.

They've never been my favorite. As long as I've been invested in music (minus a very short and obscure discovery period where Kiss held the top spot out of respect for my dad), Queen has been number one, and that will never change. However, not too long after Queen, there was Rush, and Rush have held that number two spot about ever since I heard 2112. Side note, I'm actually much more of a Rush expert than I am a Queen expert, though I attribute a lot of that to a few things: beyond the lighted stage, this forum, writing a research paper about 2112, my dad introducing me to Rush (found Queen amongst the various classic rock bands dad got me listening to, though they were never one of his big favorites before I got into them), and seeing them in concert last year.

When that Freddie doc finally comes around, and after I see Queen + AL in August (EEEEEEEEEEEEE!), maybe my knowledge of Queen will start climbing to match my knowledge of Rush, but you never know. I haven't read a ton of Queen books. The albums however, are my lifeblood.

How dare you even ask such a ridiculous and disgusting question???

That was for the intense fanboys who believe (erroneously) that Rush can do no wrong. The people that say Rush has "written the soundtrack for my life". Those types.

Rush has written (a great deal of) the soundtrack for my life.

Still second place.

• Like 1

Top band yes. Top musician(s) no. Clapton will always be number one there. I have gone through a lot of "favourite bands" over the years but I don't think any band ticks all the boxes the way Rush does. I know more about them than I ever tried about anyone but the Beatles when I was a teenager. I admire them as human beings as much as I admire George Harrison (and that's saying a lot). Their songs run through my head constantly. I'm now older than they are and still love them