Do you prefer to cut or punch

JohnRogers

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I prefer to not purposely do something that leads to skin, tongue, or mouth cancer. Call me silly, just not going to do it. Not to mention the smell. Smells like :moon:

I'm not going to say there is zero risk since I'm not a doctor, I only occasionally play one on the lighted stage. Since one does not inhale while enjoying a premium hand roll cigar and unlike cigarettes the tobacco is not treated with toxic chemicals, none of that really applies. If you enjoy fresh black coffee or espresso your palette may appreciate a cigar.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

I've never equated cigar aficionados with golfers. :huh:

I'm not a smoker at all, for quite awhile now, but I did enjoy cigars for a short time when I was about twenty.

And the answer is punch.

• Like 1

I have quite a few friends that enjoy both but I've never got into the cigar or golf fads.

"Fads"?

I could accept in the mid 1990's when cigars blew up the term fad. Cigars have been enjoyed for centuries while taking time to relax. Cigars sales while lower than the peak of the 90's boom are higher than pre 90's sales.

I have quite a few friends that enjoy both but I've never got into the cigar or golf fads.

"Fads"?

?

Seems a strange word to use for cigar smoking or golfing, just as it would for listening to music or bike riding.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I prefer to not purposely do something that leads to skin, tongue, or mouth cancer. Call me silly, just not going to do it. Not to mention the smell. Smells like :moon:

I'm not going to say there is zero risk since I'm not a doctor, I only occasionally play one on the lighted stage. Since one does not inhale while enjoying a premium hand roll cigar and unlike cigarettes the tobacco is not treated with toxic chemicals, none of that really applies. If you enjoy fresh black coffee or espresso your palette may appreciate a cigar.

According to cancer.gov, cigars contain more cancer causing chemicals and tar than cigarettes. Just because people don't normally inhale cigar smoke doesn't negate the potential cancer of the mouth, tongue, or dental issues.

According to cancer.gov, cigars contain more cancer causing chemicals and tar than cigarettes. Just because people don't normally inhale cigar smoke doesn't negate the potential cancer of the mouth, tongue, or dental issues.

Bah, cancer.gov you believe everything the gub'mnt tells you? I sure don't.

Sure, there is potential...it's not as if the information isn't available, for those who may not be able to figure that one out beforehand.

There is potential for me to die in a car wreck every time I get behind the wheel, but still, I do so knowingly. :huh:

(As I said earlier in the thread- I'm not a smoker, and I'm not going to start. But it's an enjoyable and leisurely pastime for some- and one for which there is a time and place).

So golf = fad?

I'm not convinced.

Cut. It's fun to pretend I'm a mohel.

It's been far too long since I've enjoyed a nice Montecristo. :(

• Like 1

Cut. It's fun to pretend I'm a mohel.

It's been far too long since I've enjoyed a nice Montecristo. :(

The cigar, sandwich or Count?

http://img.cinemablend.com/cb/b/1/a/c/b/2/bb1acb2e5e428841f4c9410c3e9a2e29ce419ea9239289148101c5c9a3a42c3c6.jpg

• Like 1

I like to HACK 'em...give 'em the ol' axe!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Flossing%20banana.gif