Kate Bush's new single premiered today

PuppetKing2112

I just heard this today...OH MY GOD it was just unbelievable. Very cool...had a cool African vibe to it, and her voice has held up REALLY WELL, she sounds like she sounded on some of the more atmospheric stuff on The Sensual World. I can't wait for the new album in November.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Sep 22 2005, 08:10 AM)
Apparently, its going to be a double CD with Disc 2 only featuring one track - a thirty minute epic.

I heard about it being a double album, but where did you hear about it being a 30 minute epic? THAT would be awesome...

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Sep 22 2005, 04:20 PM)
Haven't heard much of her stuff, but the way you guys talk it sounds awesome. I'm going to check it out. trink39.gif

WHERE TO BEGIN....

OK...just to get an overview, I say start with Hounds of Love (1985), which is her best studio album, and The Whole Story (1986) which is a greatest hits album with 1 new song and a rerecorded Wuthering Heights that is way better than the original...

Get them on vinyl if you can, Kate is especially gorgeous in the 12" format.

They've been playing tracks off it all this week on BBC Radio 2.

I think I'll pass on buying it.

Yes. They've played one where she's just singing numbers and another called "Washing Machine". I think one a day until Friday.

I concede that listening to the tracks on the radio in work is not the ideal way to hear songs for the first time, and that her music does usually take a few listenings to get into so I'll not overly criticise what I've heard so far.....but, they did sound very poor. Again I accept that they were taken from a concept album so hearing them out of context is another thing to weigh up.

Archived