Russell Crowe: Are You Not Entertained?!!

JohnnyBlaze

Russell Crowe Movies  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Russell Crowe movies did you like?

• Proof
    • Romper Stomper
    • The Quick & The Dead
    • Virtuosity
    • L.A. Confidential
    • Mystery, Alaska
    • The Insider
    • Gladiator
    • Proof of Life
    • A Beautiful Mind
    • Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
    • Cinderella Man
    • A Good Year
    • 3:10 to Yuma
    • American Gangster
    • Body of Lies
    • Tenderness
    • State of Play
    • Robin Hood
    • The Next 3 Days
    • The Man with the Iron Fists
    • Les Miserables
    • Broken City
    • Man of Steel
    • Winter's Tale
    • Noah
    • The Water Diviner
    • Fathers and Daughters
    • The Nice Guys
    • Other
  2. 2. How many of these movies that are listed would you RECOMMEND watching?

• NONE of them!
    • Maybe just 1 or 2.
    • 3 to 5.
    • 6 to 9.
    • 10 to 15. There are a lot of good Crowe flicks in there!
    • 16+. He's awesome and so are many or most of his movies!
  3. 3. How would you GRADE him as an actor?

• A- to A+ all the way!
    • B- to B+. He's definitely good.
    • C- to C+. Probably in the middle somewhere. There are better and worse.
    • D- to D+. He's not an outright fail but I don't see the big deal.
    • F. Just another big name Hollywood actor with absolutely nothing special about him.

His new stuff sucks.

I'd have to agree from what I've seen at least. What do you think happened?!

I don't know, maybe he's not been able to get parts that match his earlier films? Maybe studios think he's too old or they think he's not popular anymore?

I'm going to give 3:10 to Yuma and Body of Lies a shot soon.

As far as new stuff goes, I'll give him another chance with The Mummy as he'll portray Dr. Jekyll...WHAT?!?!

Sounds like more shit to me!

Probably. It's just popcorn fluff and I know it. But hey, I gave him a chance as Jor-El in Man of Steel...which...didn't turn out so good. :LOL:

He seems to becoming a bit of a joke a bit like Nick Cage...

Water Diviner and Nice Guys are far from the "I'm just paying off my debts" joke roles from Crazy Cage of late.

Yeah? I should give those a whirl then.

Isn't Nice Guys kind of a comedy? Don't know much about that one at all tbh

Another shit Hollywood actor

:LOL:

Man you don't like any actor that's still alive!

Some of 'em would be more convincing as corpses

Can you name 5 living Hollywood actors/actresses that you think are good? Not just "ok" or "passable".

I'm not sure the definition of Hollywood actor/actress .. And some are completely past their prime

- Vincent Gallo - great actor ... and Buffalo 66 was incredible

- Woody Allen - 60s thru the 90s was gold ..

- Al Pacino - everything up to Scarface was great

- Catherine Deneuve - is she considered Hollywood ??

- John Leguizamo and Mira Sorvino - like both for some reason ... they were amazing in Summer Of Sam

This is tough because I don't like Hollywood movies

-

What do you mean you "don't like Hollywood movies"? You like Al Pacino, you like Hollywood movies.

What about Al in post-Scarface movies like Carlito's Way, Heat, The Insider (with Crowe!), or Insomnia?

Hell man, Carlito's Way is up there with his best stuff! AND it has John Leguizamo!

On a side note, if there ever was going to be a JB movie I'd like John Leguizamo to play me. Not because he looks anything like me but because he's great at being a good guy or bad guy that's caught in a mess..."good guy or bad guy that's caught in a mess" sounds like different segments of my life :LOL:

JohnnyBlazeguizamo :blaze: :LOL:

• Like 1

Gladiator is his best movie ever. Seen it lots of times!

Many of us would probably say the same things. I would.

What's his 2nd best?

:unsure: 3:10 to Yuma is pretty good. But no idea if its 2nd best. It is far from Gladiator anyway. Gladiator is a masterpiece movie.

What's his 2nd best?

:unsure: 3:10 to Yuma is pretty good. But no idea if its 2nd best. It is far from Gladiator anyway. Gladiator is a masterpiece movie.

Will have to check that out.

I'd probably go with...

1) Gladiator

2) A Beautiful Mind

3) L.A. Confidential

They're all A or A+ movies IMHO but yeah, the gap between #1 and #2 is pretty steep. That says more about Gladiator than it does about A Beautiful Mind.

Of course, L.A. Confidential isn't the first time Crowe and Guy Pearce lit up the screen together...check out this acting masterclass....from Aussie soap Neighbours

• Like 1

The first thing I saw him in was The Insider, and I thought he really was an out of shape guy in his fifties. Then when I heard he was going to be playing a gladiator, I thought, "What?! That old guy?!"

Shows how convincing he was in The Insider

• Like 1

What's his 2nd best?

I'd probably go with...

1) Gladiator

2) A Beautiful Mind

3) L.A. Confidential

They're all A or A+ movies IMHO but yeah, the gap between #1 and #2 is pretty steep. That says more about Gladiator than it does about A Beautiful Mind.

Or something about the kind of movies you prefer. Those three are so very different. I'd re-watch 2 & 3 beginning to end (and have) before re-watching the full Gladiator. Action flicks with graphic violence are not my thing.

I haven't seen any of his movies.

*braces for a :bitchslap: *

:bitchslap:

Next time you sit down to watch Westworld for the 47th time, just watch A Beautiful Mind instead. :LOL:

What's his 2nd best?

I'd probably go with...

1) Gladiator

2) A Beautiful Mind

3) L.A. Confidential

Or something about the kind of movies you prefer. Those three are so very different. I'd re-watch 2 & 3 beginning to end (and have) before re-watching the full Gladiator. Action flicks with graphic violence are not my thing.

Yeah I should do. I've seen A Beautiful Mind twice and L.A. Confidential just once compared to at least a dozen times for Gladiator.

Yup, all 3 are very different.

On the topic of movies being so very different, I liked Memento the most over all of Nolan's flicks. Yes, better than any of the Batman movies. I think the mental health angle in Memento and A Beautiful Mind interests me more than most things. But then there's all out carnage like Apocolypto that I love too.

I'm not a fan whatsoever of those gore flicks a la Saw or Hostel. So, I guess it really means that graphic violence is okay with me...but it still depends. The movie still has to have some kind of decent plot.

Can you name 5 living Hollywood actors/actresses that you think are good? Not just "ok" or "passable".

I'm not sure the definition of Hollywood actor/actress .. And some are completely past their prime

- John Leguizamo and Mira Sorvino - like both for some reason ... they were amazing in Summer Of Sam

-

What do you mean you "don't like Hollywood movies"? You like Al Pacino, you like Hollywood movies.

What about Al in post-Scarface movies like Carlito's Way, Heat, The Insider (with Crowe!), or Insomnia?

Hell man, Carlito's Way is up there with his best stuff! AND it has John Leguizamo!

On a side note, if there ever was going to be a JB movie I'd like John Leguizamo to play me. Not because he looks anything like me but because he's great at being a good guy or bad guy that's caught in a mess..."good guy or bad guy that's caught in a mess" sounds like different segments of my life :LOL:

I should have said "newer" Hollywood movies - some of the greatest films of all time have been Hollywood movies, but unfortunately for me, not many in the past decade or so ..

And while I suppose it is nothing new, the fact is that many of the actors that I felt were actually good have traded any lasting legacy for a paycheck ie Christopher Walken, DeNiro, etc ..

• Like 1

-

I should have said "newer" Hollywood movies - some of the greatest films of all time have been Hollywood movies, but unfortunately for me, not many in the past decade or so ..

And while I suppose it is nothing new, the fact is that many of the actors that I felt were actually good have traded any lasting legacy for a paycheck ie Christopher Walken, DeNiro, etc ..

What about this guy?

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/blog_post/primary_image/balder-and-dash/robert-loggia-1930-2015/primary_Robert-Loggia-2015.jpg

• Like 1

Master And Commander is a forgotten masterpiece.

-

What about this guy?

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/blog_post/primary_image/balder-and-dash/robert-loggia-1930-2015/primary_Robert-Loggia-2015.jpg

Aren't you STILL trying to decipher how to pronounce his name? It's been decades hasn't it?!! :P

-

I'd certainly add Nicholson to the Walken and DeNiro list. And Pacino of course. What a foursome to have a drop off!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

-

How about these questions:

1) Can you name 2 well known Hollywood actors over 60 that you think still pump out good movies?

2) Can you name 2 high profile Hollywood movies that've come out in the last decade that you liked?

* I would ask for 3 instead of 2 but that might cause you to strain yourself beyond repair. :P

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

-

What about this guy?

Aren't you STILL trying to decipher how to pronounce his name? It's been decades hasn't it?!! :P

LOW-JA

• Like 1