Your favorite Irish music artists?

Texas King

Your favorite Irish music artists?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Irish music artists?

1. U2 (up to and including The Joshua Tree only)

2. The Corrs

3. The Cranberries

I like to think of Oasis as Irish because the Gallagher bothers' mother was Irish and because an Irish tour bus driver by the name of Danny (who's birthday was St. Patty's day and favorite song was Danny Boy) told me this fact on my trip to Ireland last year when he saw I had bought Oasis' Definitely Maybe at a rest stop. They'll always be Irish to me.

That said, I voted Thin Lizzy, U2, and Mr. Van Morrison. Classics.

Rory :hail:

Tin Lizzy :smoke:

U2 up to 1985

Clannad

Clannad is awsome

Good music to find a bit of relaxation.

Rory :hail:

Tin Lizzy :smoke:

U2 up to 1985

Clannad

Clannad is awsome

Good music to find a bit of relaxation.

Indeed, for some reason i really like the songs in gaelic , although i have no clue what they mean

• Like 1

Those are two of my favorite songs by the Pogues, the Christmas hit they had, is one of the best christmas songs too.

So bittersweet and romantic, Shane lived up to the sentiment in streams of whiskey.

Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy , Rory Gallagher, Taste

and the band from the movie The Commitments :D

• Like 2

It's a little surprising that the corrs weren't surrounded by some songwriters and pushed a little harder than they were. The modern music scene is heavily dominated by image and the sisters were all easy on the eyes (especially Andrea) and I'm told that the women even fancied Jim. I'm sure it's a bit late at this point though.

It's a little surprising that the corrs weren't surrounded by some songwriters and pushed a little harder than they were. The modern music scene is heavily dominated by image and the sisters were all easy on the eyes (especially Andrea) and I'm told that the women even fancied Jim. I'm sure it's a bit late at this point though.

They're an awful stain on my country's musical heritage. I wish their parents never met.

They're an awful stain on my country's musical heritage. I wish their parents never met.

Wrong.

• Like 2