I have a really rare, old, signed baseball I want to send to Geddy...

GedsJeans

Hi folks,

I had no idea where to post this, so I'm sorry in advance if it's in the wrong place and thus irritates somebody. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to send mail that has the highest probability of reaching Geddy. I know such an address may not exist, but I have a very old, one-of-a-kind baseball that I think he'd love to have for his huge baseball collection. It's the smallest "thank you" I can give him, really, for making music that has been such a long-term, positive presence in my life.

If anyone knows a good address to which to send such an item, could you either post here or message me privately? I'd appreciate it!

Thanks guys,

GedsJeans :heart:

• Like 2

Try this..

SRO Management

189 Carlton Street,

Toronto, Ontario

Canada

M5A 2K7

General inquiries: info@sromgt.com

PR inquiries: meghan.symsyk@sromgt.com

(416) 923-5855

• Like 2

Why would you want to give away something that may be very valuable to a person who doesn't even know you and already has many, many baseballs that are worth a lot of money? Is this a living vicariously through Geddy thing? Why not just send a heartfelt letter that would probably mean more than a baseball that you think he might love?
  • Like 1

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't the logical question be for everyone...Who signed the ball?... :huh: or maybe What signed it lol Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Why would you want to give away something that may be very valuable to a person who doesn't even know you and already has many, many baseballs that are worth a lot of money? Is this a living vicariously through Geddy thing? Why not just send a heartfelt letter that would probably mean more than a baseball that you think he might love?

I think the baseball is meant to be a gift of Thanks for all of the Great Memories GedsJeans may have, its a nice Gesture. I'm sure he'll be touched.

GedsJeans Try the SRO address above.

• Like 2

I think the baseball is meant to be a gift of Thanks for all of the Great Memories GedsJeans may have, its a nice Gesture. I'm sure he'll be touched.

GedsJeans Try the SRO address above.

:goodone:
  • Like 2

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't the logical question be for everyone...Who signed the ball?... :huh: or maybe What signed it lol

Yeah, not sure why it would be an issue to know who signed it. Fill us in.

• Like 2

Unless I'm missing something wouldn't the logical question be for everyone...Who signed the ball?... :huh: or maybe What signed it lol

Yeah, not sure why it would be an issue to know who signed it. Fill us in.

Just curious if Joe Smith signed it or Honus Wagner. That simple...
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

I had no idea where to post this, so I'm sorry in advance if it's in the wrong place and thus irritates somebody. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to send mail that has the highest probability of reaching Geddy. I know such an address may not exist, but I have a very old, one-of-a-kind baseball that I think he'd love to have for his huge baseball collection. It's the smallest "thank you" I can give him, really, for making music that has been such a long-term, positive presence in my life.

If anyone knows a good address to which to send such an item, could you either post here or message me privately? I'd appreciate it!

Thanks guys,

Hi GedsJeans! I remember you posting here before- you have such a great screen name! I hope things have been going well for you.

I know you didn't ask, but please think long and hard about mailing this item to Geddy if it's a family keepsake or has family memories attached to it. As FordGalaxy said, sometimes the simplest things can mean the most to a person who can buy almost anything, but once family things are gone they are gone forever. (Speaking from sad experience on that one.) It sounds like maybe you don't have kids yet? but someday you might and wish you had it for them. I wish you good luck with whatever you do.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone (sassy people included).

I've had this baseball for many years. It was passed down to me by my great-grandfather and, trust me, I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. It's worth quite a bit of money and my great-grandfather had it mass-signed in person. There are some very old photographs of him shaking the hands of the players who signed it in my oldest family album. It is absolutely a legit ball. Over the years, out of curiosity about its value, I've reached out and contacted various baseball collectors and auctions and I could pay my rent for a good while with what was offered for it.

I understand fully that some people will not understand my reasoning, and I figured when I posted this that I'd get flack for it. But my decision is made for my own reasons, which are very personal.

Hugs to everyone and long live Rush,

• Like 4

Thanks everyone (sassy people included).

I've had this baseball for many years. It was passed down to me by my great-grandfather and, trust me, I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. It's worth quite a bit of money and my great-grandfather had it mass-signed in person. There are some very old photographs of him shaking the hands of the players who signed it in my oldest family album. It is absolutely a legit ball. Over the years, out of curiosity about its value, I've reached out and contacted various baseball collectors and auctions and I could pay my rent for a good while with what was offered for it.

I understand fully that some people will not understand my reasoning, and I figured when I posted this that I'd get flack for it. But my decision is made for my own reasons, which are very personal.

Hugs to everyone and long live Rush,

That's very thoughtful.

Another possible issue which hasn't been mentioned is that you MIGHT never know if Geddy received it or not.

I'm sure you're not expecting him to take pics of himself with the ball and put it on Instagram BUT you may never know what finally happened to it after you sent it to wherever you end up sending it.

It's something to consider at least.

• Like 2

No, I surely don't expect him to photograph himself with the ball or even write me a thank-you note. That would be ludicrous.

I've used my savings to buy some of Alex's reprinted paintings from the Kidney Foundation, so that was my way of saying "thank you" to Alex. I've bought Neil's books; that was my "thank you" to him. I've donated the rest to local animal shelters.

I want the ball to have found a home with someone who will appreciate it. I don't want it lost to the void in the upcoming days. This will be my "thank you" to Geddy and it will give me some peace. The "thank you"s I may or may not receive in return are not a concern for me. It's not about that.

Thank you to everyone for your help, or lack of help.

I wish you all happiness and peace in this weary world,

GedsJeans over and out. :heart:

• Like 5

No, I surely don't expect him to photograph himself with the ball or even write me a thank-you note. That would be ludicrous.

I've used my savings to buy some of Alex's reprinted paintings from the Kidney Foundation, so that was my way of saying "thank you" to Alex. I've bought Neil's books; that was my "thank you" to him. I've donated the rest to local animal shelters.

I want the ball to have found a home with someone who will appreciate it. I don't want it lost to the void in the upcoming days. This will be my "thank you" to Geddy and it will give me some peace. The "thank you"s I may or may not receive in return are not a concern for me. It's not about that.

Thank you to everyone for your help, or lack of help.

I wish you all happiness and peace in this weary world,

GedsJeans over and out. :heart:

I look forward to the follow up posts on this. I think it's very cool and I'm sure Geddy will be thrilled when it reaches him.

Considering the value of the ball, I hope you're thinking of making contact with Geddy's management and explaining your plans before actually sending it. I'm sure they receive a lot of things, and you'll want to make sure that they are on the lookout for it's arrival. Also, please, please hyper-insure it before you send it.

Good luck!

:cheers:

• Like 2

You should stand outside his house and throw it through a window, with a boom box on your shoulder, crankin YYZ.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 3

The fascination (infatuation?) some women here have with Geddy is perplexing.

That's cuz you're a man and by definition don't understand women or what they find hot. Geddy = hot.

• Like 1

The fascination (infatuation?) some women here have with Geddy is perplexing.

That's cuz you're a man and by definition don't understand women or what they find hot. Geddy = hot.

Would bang.

:LOL:

• Like 1

I would sell it and keep the money. Geddy has already donated a huge chunk of his collection. It's likely to just end up being donated.

Which would be perfect.