Sib Hashian Dies ( Drummer for Boston )

Xanadoood

Dang. That debut is nothing but incredible musicianship on incredible songs, and Sib's drumming was a major highlight. Considering how much Sholz was doing (basically all the guitars and keys, with a few exceptions), Boston is practically the work of a power trio (Sholz, Sib, and Delp of course). The guy had to be super skilled to help carry those songs with so few others.

Rest In Peace.

• Like 3

Back around 2000-2001, my sister's (ex) finace was playing in a dive bar in NJ called The Back Porch .. He had played there a few times before, and he told of this bartender there who claimed to be Sib ..

THE Sib Hashian, from Boston ??

yes, that's what he said

So my sis and I go to the gig, and it took all of 2 seconds for me to see that is guy was NOT Sib ..

My sis' finace - not a Boston fan - was stubborn and still believed it ..

So my sis and I do some research, and find that Sib owned tanning salons .. My sis makes some calls, and gets Sib's home phone number ..

I'll never forget it .. She called him one Sunday afternnon - it was the day of a Super Bowl - and she had a great conversation with Sib ... She asked, of course, "Are you bartending in NJ", which he found hysterically funny - and of course said NO !!

I just talked to my sis .. She just heard the news, and called me ... She will never forget that phone conversation, and to this day remembers him as an incredibly friendly and funny guy ..

RIP Sib

Thanks

• Like 4

Man... dropped dead on stage. RIP, Sib. :rose:

Hmmm...

I just realized that air-drumming to Sib was my first live performance, back in 6th grade.

• Like 3

Back around 2000-2001, my sister's (ex) finace was playing in a dive bar in NJ called The Back Porch .. He had played there a few times before, and he told of this bartender there who claimed to be Sib ..

THE Sib Hashian, from Boston ??

yes, that's what he said

So my sis and I go to the gig, and it took all of 2 seconds for me to see that is guy was NOT Sib ..

My sis' finace - not a Boston fan - was stubborn and still believed it ..

So my sis and I do some research, and find that Sib owned tanning salons .. My sis makes some calls, and gets Sib's home phone number ..

I'll never forget it .. She called him one Sunday afternnon - it was the day of a Super Bowl - and she had a great conversation with Sib ... She asked, of course, "Are you bartending in NJ", which he found hysterically funny - and of course said NO !!

I just talked to my sis .. She just heard the news, and called me ... She will never forget that phone conversation, and to this day remembers him as an incredibly friendly and funny guy ..

RIP Sib

Thanks

When I was in college on Spring Break, a friend of mine was telling girls in a bar one night he was Gerard Phelan, the guy who caught Doug Flutie's Hail Mary pass in the BC-Miami game. Not many people would know what he looked like, especially back then.

I've been listening to Boston's debut every day for the last two weeks.

Got any favorite moments? Mine is the long outro on Hitch a Ride.

That's one of them. :) Hitch is my favorite song on that first album.

I love everything about this album. I particularly like the vocals on Hitch and Let Me Take You Home Tonight.

It was my VERY FIRST favorite album. And in the late 70s Boston was one of my top 3 bands...despite me not even being 10 years old yet. Older bros' influence of course. Rock and Roll Band has that ONE lyric where it references Rhode Island, the state where I was born. As a 5-6 year old I used to love hearing that song because of it. My brothers STILL mention that occasionally.

Some albums give you those pleasurable feelings of nostalgia and spark those memories...but you somewhat forget the music itself and focus on the memory instead. However, this debut gives those nostalgic feelings while remaining a kick ass album. Even after all these years. It's such an important work to me.

I just looked up its release date and coincidentally it was on my 4th birthday!!! It couldn't have been more appropriate. :hail:

I've been listening to Boston's debut every day for the last two weeks.

Got any favorite moments? Mine is the long outro on Hitch a Ride.

That's one of them. :) Hitch is my favorite song on that first album.

I love everything about this album. I particularly like the vocals on Hitch and Let Me Take You Home Tonight.

It was my VERY FIRST favorite album. And in the late 70s Boston was one of my top 3 bands...despite me not even being 10 years old yet. Older bros' influence of course. Rock and Roll Band has that ONE lyric where it references Rhode Island, the state where I was born. As a 5-6 year old I used to love hearing that song because of it. My brothers STILL mention that occasionally.

Some albums give you those pleasurable feelings of nostalgia and spark those memories...but you somewhat forget the music itself and focus on the memory instead. However, this debut gives those nostalgic feelings while remaining a kick ass album. Even after all these years. It's such an important work to me.

I just looked up its release date and coincidentally it was on my 4th birthday!!! It couldn't have been more appropriate. :hail:

:goodone:

Boston's debut was the first album I ever bought with my own $$$.

• Like 1