1990s first tracks trio vs 21st century first tracks trio

JohnnyBlaze

90s Tracks vs 21st century Tracks  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which trio do you prefer?

• The 1990s: Dreamline, Animate, Test for Echo
    • 21st Century: One Little Victory, Far Cry, Caravan
  2. 2. On an F to A+ scale, which ones would you give an A- or better?

Oh 2000s definitely. I've never gotten the hype around Animate, and T4E is a solid B Rush tune, needed more dynamics, stronger melody. Dreamline is a fine guitar based rehash of DEW, gets an A for execution. OLV just burns rubber, so heavy but not without a good melody. Far Cry is a tribute to classic Rush, as is much of SnA (though not much is better executed) with an even better melody. And then Caravan is probably their greatest opening track since DEW. The riff is thrilling, energizing, the melody is ethereal, the song just plain ROCKS! Really sets the tone for all of CA. Love that record.

I go with the 90's.

Dreamline is the top song with an A+

Out of the 21st Century group, Far Cry is the only song I'm crazy about (A).

OLV and Caravan are two of my least liked off of their albums.

I went with the 90's trio because OLV is easily my least fave song out of these. In fact any track from Vapor Trails would be among my least fave Rush tunes. That album is just a messy noise without any fine melodies and good solos.

Animate is the best song for me, though I'm not crazy about it.

• Like 2

This was a tough decision, but I went with the 1990's trio. It ended up being the first song that was the major factor in my decision since I LOVE "Animate", "Test For Echo", "Far Cry" and "Caravan" almost equally (those were also the four that I rated an A- or better). I went with "Dreamline" over "One Little Victory" even though the latter is still a great song.
  • Like 1

The 90's. While I don't love the albums as a whole, I do quite like the opening tracks.

However, while I do quite like all six, none of them are an A-, for me. So I can't vote, because it won't let me choose none for the second question.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

The 90's. While I don't love the albums as a whole, I do quite like the opening tracks.

However, while I do quite like all six, none of them are an A-, for me. So I can't vote, because it won't let me choose none for the second question.

I thought there was an angle I didn't cover! Nooooo....

No idea, I live in 1982

Don't. Give the other stuff a shot at least.

It is not predudiced in any way shape or form just total bone idleness XXXX

I like lots of music once I can be bothered to discover. Chris Cornell is probably my favourite singer now, so I am only 20 years behind now

90s. I didn't vote for the same reason as Lion, but Animate would be the closest for me.

Ditto for me too. But I did vote for Dreamline. Its a solid B+. Almost.

Time for some Yuenglings. I'll email you one.

Dreamline & Far Cry both are definitely A-'s or better. T4E is a good solid B or B+. The rest of the material does nothing for me. I guess Animate might be ok at best. But the rest of the 21's century material is not close to being good. The 90's get my vote.
  • Like 1