Do you guys this is wrong or not?

YYZumbi

7 members have voted

1. 1. Buy or not?

• Sure, go for it! You are buying so much of his stuff anyway!
    • No! Its a bootleg, and Brian May have not approved of this video on DVD! So it wrong!

As some of you guys might already know, one of my favorite bands are Queen. And I support them as much as I can by buying their stuff.

In 1993, Brian May, the guitar player of Queen, did a solo tour and released a live video called Live At The Brixton Academy.

He released it on CD, vinyl record, cassette and VHS. Now it is 2017 and he still have not released it on DVD or bluray, and I doubt he will do it.

So I am thinking of buying a unofficial DVD release of this video, that I found on this site: http://www.maximumsound.org/Brian-May-Band-live-Brixton-Academy-6-15-93-on-DVD_p_6799.html

So my question to you guys is, do you think this is wrong? Am I being disrespectful against the artist (Brian May)? Ofcourse I will buy it again, if he release it official on DVD/Bluray, but I want it now! He recorded this 1993, and released it 1994 on VHS, now its 2017, and its still not released on DVD/Bluray!

As some of you guys might already know, one of my favorite bands are Queen. And I support them as much as I can by buying their stuff.

In 1993, Brian May, the guitar player of Queen, did a solo tour and released a live video called Live At The Brixton Academy.

He released it on CD, vinyl record, cassette and VHS. Now it is 2017 and he still have not released it on DVD or bluray, and I doubt he will do it.

So I am thinking of buying a unofficial DVD release of this video, that I found on this site: http://www.maximumsound.org/Brian-May-Band-live-Brixton-Academy-6-15-93-on-DVD_p_6799.html

So my question to you guys is, do you think this is wrong? Am I being disrespectful against the artist (Brian May)? Ofcourse I will buy it again, if he release it official on DVD/Bluray, but I want it now! He recorded this 1993, and released it 1994 on VHS, now its 2017, and its still not released on DVD/Bluray!

I don't think buying it on unofficial blu-Ray is really any different to Brian than buying the VHS and transposing it to Blu-Ray yourself. Obviously someone's already done so. I'd buy it.

While I am pretty fanatical as far as my views on bootlegging, downloading without paying, etc, because he never released it on DVD and it is very hard to find, I say go for it ..

If not, there's this ... But even if you buy the official VHS used, Brian May isn't getting anything from that, either

So at this point, if you want to see it, the money isn't going to him ... He should officially release it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QUEEN-BRIAN-MAY-THE-BRIXTON-ACADEMY-ORIGINAL-VHS-VIDEO-CASSETTE-EXCELLENT-/382002289803?hash=item58f11c5c8b:g:kPUAAOSw2gxYyBIW

You'll make Brian cry

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22400000/Brian-May-after-talking-about-how-his-dad-finally-accepted-his-decision-to-be-a-musician-queen-22474605-452-500.jpg

• Like 1

Buying bootlegs is the ultimate sign of disrespect to an artist. You are pissing on their livelihood and exploiting them for your personal pleasure.

Besides, what kind of fool pays for something like that when with a little work you'll probably find it for free on the interwebs?

Think, young grasshopper.

Buying bootlegs is the ultimate sign of disrespect to an artist. You are pissing on their livelihood and exploiting them for your personal pleasure.

Besides, what kind of fool pays for something like that when with a little work you'll probably find it for free on the interwebs?

Think, young grasshopper.

Indeed. You can probably find the entire Queen discography that way too.

:ph34r:

Buy it, enjoy it (if you can't find a source online), and hopefully it will become official and you can buy it for real instead.

I have some bootlegged releases of out of print albums/films. Bought before I knew the Internet was a source for all this haha.

Edited by Segue Myles

Zumbi: Finds a wallet on the ground, takes the money out and buys records with it. Brags about it.

Later asks if it's wrong to buy a bootleg.

He did this?

Zumbi: Finds a wallet on the ground, takes the money out and buys records with it. Brags about it.

He did this?

Certainly sounds like something he would do.

Sad but true. But I honestly hope it's not!

He did this?

Feels like I've read of this before. Whether it was a hypothetical or an actual happening I'm unsure but it does sound familiar.

He did this?

Feels like I've read of this before. Whether it was a hypothetical or an actual happening I'm unsure but it does sound familiar.

I have not bought it!

He did this?

If you find someone's wallet, and don't return it in exactly the condition you found it, you're a dirtbag.

• Like 1

He did this?

If you find someone's wallet, and don't return it in exactly the condition you found it, you're a dirtbag.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100994-what-would-you-have-done/page__st__40&do=findComment&comment=4191823

• Like 1