Rate the hottest Disney Princess

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the hottest Disney Princess (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the hottest Disney Princess?

1. Snow White (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Cinderella (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Sleeping Beauty (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Ariel (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Jasmine (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. Belle (1 votes [9.09%])

7. Tiana (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Rapunzel (1 votes [9.09%])

9. Esmerelda (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

10. Merida (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Pocahontas (1 votes [9.09%])

12. Mulan (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Anna (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

14. Elsa (1 votes [9.09%])

15. Moana (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Tinkerbell (1 votes [9.09%])

17. Other (1 votes [9.09%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24456 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostLedRush, on 16 June 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

I like the intelligence and independence of Belle...until she went all Stockholm syndromey.

Tiana, Moana, Mulan, and Merida are relatively good role models for the low standards set by Disney.

Sponsored Post

#42 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 31257 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

I like the intelligence and independence of Belle...until she went all Stockholm syndromey.

As someone who has suffered from this syndrome and remains in its thrall I personally find this offensive. She truly does not suffer from this syndrome in spite of internet memes and the plethora of experts who've come forward to proclaim they know the ins and outs of being abused into feelings of genuine love.

Lies. The film makes it obvious she doesn't have it by the mere fact he let's her go and she chooses to leave. In fact she leaves twice. Once when he loses his temper and the next when he chooses to let her go. She comes back both times as a result of his growing softness and kindness. She'd also be dead if he didn't save her.

The second time she saves him. The relationship is two way and ultimately succeeds as she calls the shots.

This is not a Stockholm Syndrome love story and I personally take great offense at this snub.

#43 tx_rush

tx_rush

I am Cornholio!

• Members *
  • 5743 posts
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

Hmmm

Ariel, Belle or Esmerelda

#44 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 24456 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 16 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

As someone who has suffered from this syndrome and remains in its thrall I personally find this offensive. She truly does not suffer from this syndrome in spite of internet memes and the plethora of experts who've come forward to proclaim they know the ins and outs of being abused into feelings of genuine love.

Lies. The film makes it obvious she doesn't have it by the mere fact he let's her go and she chooses to leave. In fact she leaves twice. Once when he loses his temper and the next when he chooses to let her go. She comes back both times as a result of his growing softness and kindness. She'd also be dead if he didn't save her.

The second time she saves him. The relationship is two way and ultimately succeeds as she calls the shots.

This is not a Stockholm Syndrome love story and I personally take great offense at this snub.

I find this answer more disturbing than the sexualization of Disney cartoon princesses.

#45 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 31257 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    REM
    Thrice
    Idlewild
    Jimmy Eat World
    HIM
    Paradise Lost
    AFI
    U2
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sonata Arctica
    Pearl Jam
    Biffy Clyro
    Placebo

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostLedRush, on 18 June 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 16 June 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

I find this answer more disturbing than the sexualization of Disney cartoon princesses.

Good. Because the reality of that syndrome is a lot crueller and more intense than anything even remotely suggested by that film and I struggle every single day with a sense of loss and sorrow for someone who ripped my world in two for two years.

This film is not for one second about Stockholm Syndrome. If it was I wish I had gotten off as lightly as she had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users