Hardest movies scenes to watch...for whatever reason...

treeduck

Pretty much any scene from Forrest Gump or Rain Man

I can't stand Forrest Gumption either.

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

• Like 2

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

What didn't you like about Shawshank?

I don't care for the insane amount of praise it gets. Yes, it's a good movie but that's all. A good solid movie. Not the greatest piece of cinema ever created.

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

I don't care for the insane amount of praise it gets. Yes, it's a good movie but that's all. A good solid movie. Not the greatest piece of cinema ever created.

I think that maybe if it did not get so much praise it would be regarded better. Maybe a case of something successful cant be good art?

Just saying

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

Is it really an "insane amount of praise"? So far, Segue has said he doesn't like it, two "liked" Segue's post, and you're saying it's overrated vs me only now saying that I like it a lot. Do I need to make a poll for Shawshank?

• Like 1

The scene I feel so upset about is when the fat guy gets beaten to death in Shawshank. The camera is from about 30 yards and clearly shows this desperate guy begging for mercy. As he lies prostrate the evil guard just says "take this sack of shit to the infirmary"

It is a very very upsetting scene

• Like 1

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

I think that maybe if it did not get so much praise it would be regarded better. Maybe a case of something successful cant be good art?

Just saying

I hear what you're saying Steve.

As for me, if nobody else in the world liked it, I'd still like it tons.

If everyone else in the world liked it, I'd still like it tons.

• Like 2

The scene I feel so upset about is when the fat guy gets beaten to death in Shawshank. The camera is from about 30 yards and clearly shows this desperate guy begging for mercy. As he lies prostrate the evil guard just says "take this sack of shit to the infirmary"

Right. That's Clancy Brown. He's an awesome villain: big and imposing with a commanding voice

• Like 1

Right. That's Clancy Brown. He's an awesome villain: big and imposing with a commanding voice

Yeh good villain

I would not have used Tim's approach on top of the building though. I think I would have just said "Sir, I may have an answer to your problem"

"Do you trust your wife" was a bit cinematic licence! ha ha

As far as popular movies I haven't been able to finish, Matrix.

Tried 3 times, fell asleep all 3 times.

Yeah I don't like Keanu BUT Fishburne, Weaving, and Pantoliano combined is much greater than my dislike for Keanu. It didn't matter. I was just bored to death.

I even gave Matrix 2 a shot because it was on some super duper IMAX screen and I thought the visuals were going to be delightful enough. WRONG. I fell asleep in that too. That was worse than part 1.

• Like 1

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

Agreed totally.

It's like...6/10 for me.

Lovely film. Nice story. It just feels like a very good daytime TV drama

The rape scene in Irreversible.

Made harder to watch by the fact that the scenes of the film are shown in reverse order, so you see the aftermath before the event, and you know there's no avoiding it. I was yelling and begging at my TV, "Don't do it! Don't walk down the underpass alone! No!! There's a guy! Turn around and run away!! Gah! Nooo!!!"

Then follows 10 solid, uncomfortable minutes, in one long take, no changes in camera angles, to emphasize the inescapability.

• Like 2

Or Shawshank Redemption.

Oh boy...

Agreed totally.

It's like...6/10 for me.

Lovely film. Nice story. It just feels like a very good daytime TV drama

Well how much out of 10 would you rate Phillip Schofield and Holly Willaby? because you are comparing it with daytime TV

Interviewing the woman with the world's biggest silicone breasts???? Brilliant journalism Phillip

I watched a documentary about a chilli eating competition the other day, the hotness of chilli's are measured in Schoville units.

Perhaps we should have a measure of dullness and blandness in "Schofield" units

Scale of 1-10, yeah? I'd rate Matrix about a thousand Schofield units.

• Like 1

The Antichrist, by Lars Von Trier. I watched it again a few months ago and had to fast forward a bunch of scenes.

I didn't see it but I know of it. That's the one with Willem Defoe, right? I read somewhere that Eva Green wanted to play the female lead but basically her agents wouldn't allow it. I guess they thought it was too raw?