Favorite Cinema Heroes

JohnnyBlaze

We've already got Texas King's cool villain thread. Let's see what we come up with as far as heroes go. Hopefully we'll delve deeper than the obvious counterparts to the villains in the other thread.

:hail:

Kickin' it off with one of the most iconic heroes of all time...

http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Eastwood-Clint-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-The.jpg

• Like 6

We've already got Texas King's cool villain thread. Let's see what we come up with as far as heroes go. Hopefully we'll delve deeper than the obvious counterparts to the villains in the other thread.

http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Eastwood-Clint-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-The.jpg

I would not count him as a hero, since what he really only want is the money that is in the graveyard. Tell me why he is a hero.

Joseph "Coop" Cooper and Murphy Cooper - They saved Humanity. It doesn't get any more heroic than that! :haz:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Hamilton-Khaki-Interstellar-watches-2.jpg

I would not count him as a hero, since what he really only want is the money that is in the graveyard. Tell me why he is a hero.

So in the other thread you couldn't see how Nurse Ratched is a villain and now you can't see how Blondie is a hero?

Okay...how about when the civil war soldier was dying? You didn't remember Nurse Ratched ordering the lobotomy for McMurphy so you probably don't remember that scene in TGTBATU when Blondie is comforting that dying soldier with a ciggy and a blanket, right?

How about the end...

...when Blondie doesn't kill Tuco and actually leaves him his fair half of the loot. He could've killed Tuco easily. Blondie could've taken ALL of the loot. But he did neither of those things.

It's not called The Man Who Only Wants The Money In The Cemetery, The Bad, and The Ugly.

• Like 2

So in the other thread you couldn't see how Nurse Ratched is a villain and now you can't see how Blondie is a hero?

Okay...how about when the civil war soldier was dying? You didn't remember Nurse Ratched ordering the lobotomy for McMurphy so you probably don't remember that scene in TGTBATU when Blondie is comforting that dying soldier with a ciggy and a blanket, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9iJKZlRE8&sns=em

How about the end...

...when Blondie doesn't kill Tuco and actually leaves him his fair half of the loot. He could've killed Tuco easily. Blondie could've taken ALL of the loot. But he did neither of those things.

It's not called The Man Who Only Wants The Money In The Cemetery, The Bad, and The Ugly.

He gives the guy a cigg and a blanket, I would not count that as a hero. Takes more for me to count someone as a hero.

And just because he spare his life and let Tuco have his part of the loot makes him a hero?

How about the end...

He gives the guy a cigg and a blanket, I would not count that as a hero. Takes more for me to count someone as a hero.

And just because he spare his life and let Tuco have his part of the loot makes him a hero?

You also don't count Nurse Ratched as a villain and said that she was just doing her job or some other bla bla.

Just using the first definition here...

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hero?s=t

...I'd say what Blondie does falls under showing "nobility of character".

A hero doesn't need to wear spandex and rescue a bus load of kids from falling off a bridge to be a hero...which is kind of ironic given that I'm one TRF's biggest superhero fans :blaze:

:LOL:

It's strange...I just put "Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo" into translate, and that's exactly what came out.
  • Like 1

How about the end...

You also don't count Nurse Ratched as a villain and said that she was just doing her job or some other bla bla.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hero?s=t

A hero doesn't need to wear spandex and rescue a bus load of kids from falling off a bridge to be a hero...which is kind of ironic given that I'm one TRF's biggest superhero fans :blaze:

Aren't most of those types of "heroes" responsible for the deaths of many innocent bystanders?

How about:

1. Maximus from Gladiator

The character of Maximus could spark some good debate. He rid Rome of a corrupt, sadistic tyrant, but did he do it for the sake of others? One could argue that all he wanted was personal revenge. He also wanted Rome to be put back into the hands of the Senate instead of just another tyrant Emperor. In my book, that makes him a hero..... :ebert:

• Like 2

Aren't most of those types of "heroes" responsible for the deaths of many innocent bystanders?

That's what they get for bystanding around and gawking. They should have scattered like they were told to do..... :P

• Like 1

How about the end...

http://www.dictionar...browse/hero?s=t

If the American Film Institute (AFI) considers Nurse Ratched a villain (i.e. AFI's 5th greatest villain), then Nurse Ratched IS a villain or more specifically an antagonist. I don't want to toot my own horn cause for a time I "studied" this stuff in school, and found myself into a few deep discussions about One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest but this is like disputing the basic logic of the Earth being spherical by claiming that the Earth is flat.

How about the end...

http://www.dictionar...browse/hero?s=t

If the American Film Institute (AFI) considers Nurse Ratched a villain (i.e. AFI's 5th greatest villain), then Nurse Ratched IS a villain or more specifically an antagonist. I don't want to toot my own horn cause for a time I "studied" this stuff in school, and found myself into a few deep discussions about One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest but this is like disputing the basic logic of the Earth being spherical by claiming that the Earth is flat.

I think Zumbi's defence of her as not being a villain speaks volumes of the kind of person he is.

• Like 1